Owlstalk

How do people think this squad is any where near good enough to go up?.

I agree with OP, we are a W.I.P at the moment, let's see what happen's in January as far as getting strikers in and next summer.

All 3 previous manager have said it would take 3-5 windows to get the team on track again, meanwhile the CLUB is making slow, but positive, head way.

12 hours ago, Ian said:

3 games in?

10 games in?

you seem to be conveniently forgetting last season when he played a major part in getting us relegated

This is what is worry for me.

He had a quarter of last season, there were signs of a plan but when push came to shove he still made some poor decisions that cost us.

This season we have a new squad so was in effect a fresh start, the concern is that it is getting worse with time, not better. He praises our opponents for having a settled side and a defined way of playing and in the same breath he says he will happily change our approach significantly depending on who we play.

11 games is a quarter of the season. Sturrock didn't need that long at this level to sort out what someone else left him with.  

Guest Jack the Hat
12 hours ago, debram said:

So the majority on here are thick/deluded, know nothing about football. Stop insulting us. 

Im intellyjent. Leaf me a lawn.

3 hours ago, Morepork said:

I think it's too early to say we're in the first phase of a rebuild. So far we've signed some cheap/free players and we're playing lethargic, unimaginative and disjointed football.

If you could see some signs of things falling in to place, a plan, tactical progression then you could arguably set results to one side, at the moment I see none of that. In fact, you could almost make an argument that we've regressed since the opening few weeks.

It doesn't feel like a rebuild to me, not yet.

Maybe it’s just a slow process we are witnessing, we are notoriously impatient as fans but that’s to be expected after 20 years + of disappointment. I just hope the coaching staff are up to the job in terms of keeping players fit and tactically aware, I really don’t like this idea of players sticking to game plans all the time, to me it seems to nullify creativity and flair…it’s a simple game that doesn’t need over thinking and over complication. Look at yesterday’s goal, it was direct , it was quick and a tad lucky but in a way the luck was created due to the speed catching their defenders on the hop and making them commit errors. (Well done Jack Hunt by the way, reminded me of me😉)It would be nice if that type of attack was in the “plan” on a regular basis over the 90 mins but we are not at that point yet and won’t be until the side is more settled and players instinctively know where and when runs are being made. I’m not sure why we are not at the ‘settled side’ point yet? But I do know the tinkering because we are worried about other teams isn’t helping.

15 hours ago, Miffed said:

This forum is a perfect example for why I’m completely against Fan Onwership or supporters having any say in how a football club is ran…..

Football fans are bonkers 

Speaking to one of Mike Ashley's neighbours a couple of weeks ago and I can assure you that football club owners are light years ahead of fans when it comes to being bonkers!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Noleafclover said:

Love Reading opinions and views of the club on here but honestly some of the stuff recently is mind numbing. Steve Bruce, Mike Ashley, Prince Abdullah ect

This club is in the 1st faze of a rebuild after a terrible few years with huge changes.

We need to be realistic, have patience and  show support to the lads and management team. Look at the changes that have happened since last season, look at the work going on behind the scenes......it's finally being run like an actual football club, alot of that down to Moore. Yes They're not playing well there is no doubt about that and some of Moores decisions on the pitch have been odd  but honestly give over. With all the new players is there any wonder why we're struggling?

PATIENCE AND SUPPORT - STAY POSITIVE 

3 games in Darren's Moores Barmy army!!! 10 games get rid of everyone it's absolute madness.

We really are a fickle lot

WAWAW

Nice post and I love the sentiment of it but I have absolutely no confidence in a successful rebuilding while ever the current owner is in situ.  I dont think having no confidence in this owner after the decline of the last 4 years can be described as fickle.

Love Reading opinions and views of the club on here but honestly some of the stuff recently is mind numbing. Steve Bruce, Mike Ashley, Prince Abdullah ect

This club is in the 1st faze of a rebuild after a terrible few years with huge changes.

We need to be realistic, have patience and  show support to the lads and management team. Look at the changes that have happened since last season, look at the work going on behind the scenes......it's finally being run like an actual football club, alot of that down to Moore. Yes They're not playing well there is no doubt about that and some of Moores decisions on the pitch have been odd  but honestly give over. With all the new players is there any wonder why we're struggling?

3 games in Darren's Moores Barmy army!!! 10 games get rid of everyone it's absolute madness.

WAWAW

I know what you mean, I've not started a marmite thread for over a week Owlstalk is going downhill.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

We’re still picking the team with a dartboard and forcing round pegs into square holes.

Just like under Carlos, Jos, Bruce, Monk, Pulis, Bullen…

Forgive some of us for not thinking the ship has actually changed its course. 

Amazing that fans knew more than all of those managers isn’t it.

15 hours ago, nile said:

This style and system is probably the most boring style of football I’ve ive witnessed.

im bored, I shouldn’t be watching football, actually it horrific to watch.

Pulis.... Are you saying it's worse than Pulis?

Really?

WAWAW

Just to address the stuff you find ‘mind numbing’. Simply don’t read it. It’s dead easy. 

As to the football side of things, perversely despite the odd formations and haphazard performances we are actually not in a particularly bad place. One point off playoffs, five points off auto spots. If we merely improve a bit we will get to the playoffs for sure, which is as good as I could have hoped for after going down. 

I have decided to be nice and relaxed this season. I’m not liking all I’m seeing right now but what fan ever does? 

If some want to rant and rave, where some people want to support unconditionally that’s no bad thing. That’s just football. 
UTO!

• Like 1

As bad as it has been we are 1 point off the play offs and 5 points off automatic promotion.

I know we haven't played good football so far but we don't need to improve much to get in the play offs. I'm hoping for a steady slow improvement as players settle and then when Windass comes back hopefully he is the catalyst for a step change.

6 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Just to address the stuff you find ‘mind numbing’. Simply don’t read it. It’s dead easy. 

As to the football side of things, perversely despite the odd formations and haphazard performances we are actually not in a particularly bad place. One point off playoffs, five points off auto spots. If we merely improve a bit we will get to the playoffs for sure, which is as good as I could have hoped for after going down. 

I have decided to be nice and relaxed this season. I’m not liking all I’m seeing right now but what fan ever does? 

If some want to rant and rave, where some people want to support unconditionally that’s no bad thing. That’s just football. 
UTO!

You posted that as I was writing mine. It looks like we agree.

1 minute ago, prowl said:

You posted that as I was writing mine. It looks like we agree.

Indeed! Our destiny is in our own hands. I’d be more worried if we didn’t have what looks like a decent squad. There is plenty of scope to improve and even a bit of improvement will make a big difference in this league! 

• Like 1