Owlstalk

We’re still picking the team with a dartboard and forcing round pegs into square holes.

Just like under Carlos, Jos, Bruce, Monk, Pulis, Bullen…

Forgive some of us for not thinking the ship has actually changed its course. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Noleafclover said:

Not at all nor was that implied. Not really into having keyboard wars. Enjoy your night

You’ve started a thread on a football forum where you’ve alienated a large majority of it. ‘Keyboard wars’ is all you’re going to get. :duntmatter:

23 minutes ago, Noleafclover said:

Love Reading opinions and views of the club on here but honestly some of the stuff recently is mind numbing. Steve Bruce, Mike Ashley, Prince Abdullah ect

This club is in the 1st faze of a rebuild after a terrible few years with huge changes.

We need to be realistic, have patience and  show support to the lads and management team. Look at the changes that have happened since last season, look at the work going on behind the scenes......it's finally being run like an actual football club, alot of that down to Moore. Yes They're not playing well there is no doubt about that and some of Moores decisions on the pitch have been odd  but honestly give over. With all the new players is there any wonder why we're struggling?

PATIENCE AND SUPPORT - STAY POSITIVE 

3 games in Darren's Moores Barmy army!!! 10 games get rid of everyone it's absolute madness.

We really are a fickle lot

WAWAW

Lost 3 in 11 - regardless, that's a decent start with a new team

• Like 1

Whilst we are not gelling in attack and the football has been pretty dire I think there are still positives that people should think about.

-we have only let in 9 in 11 games. A couple of them have been caused by big individual errors 

-we have already beaten Rotherham, Wigan and Bolton who I think are all going to be in and around the top 6 come the end of the season. 
- on the whole the signings we have made show some promise and I’d expect there is lots more to come from most of them. 
- performance wise we can only get better, I still believe at some point it will begin to click

so Whilst the start to the season has been frustrating, I think with patience things will only get better, we could easily have started like Ipswich this season so the points see have accumulated so far are a massive bonus. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Noleafclover said:

Love Reading opinions and views of the club on here but honestly some of the stuff recently is mind numbing. Steve Bruce, Mike Ashley, Prince Abdullah ect

This club is in the 1st faze of a rebuild after a terrible few years with huge changes.

We need to be realistic, have patience and  show support to the lads and management team. Look at the changes that have happened since last season, look at the work going on behind the scenes......it's finally being run like an actual football club, alot of that down to Moore. Yes They're not playing well there is no doubt about that and some of Moores decisions on the pitch have been odd  but honestly give over. With all the new players is there any wonder why we're struggling?

PATIENCE AND SUPPORT - STAY POSITIVE 

3 games in Darren's Moores Barmy army!!! 10 games get rid of everyone it's absolute madness.

We really are a fickle lot

WAWAW

3 games in?

10 games in?

you seem to be conveniently forgetting last season when he played a major part in getting us relegated

• Like 1

I have to agree. We should all be thinking that if we are managing to beat teams while playing nowhere n our potential. We only need to be patient and the performances will start to improve. 

What is so quickly forgotten is how desperate things looked at the end of last season. If anyone would have offered me the position we are currently in I would have grabbed their hands off. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

I have to agree. We should all be thinking that if we are managing to beat teams while playing nowhere n our potential. We only need to be patient and the performances will start to improve. 

What is so quickly forgotten is how desperate things looked at the end of last season. If anyone would have offered me the position we are currently in I would have grabbed their hands off. 

This is where we are at lol

I think it's too early to say we're in the first phase of a rebuild. So far we've signed some cheap/free players and we're playing lethargic, unimaginative and disjointed football.

If you could see some signs of things falling in to place, a plan, tactical progression then you could arguably set results to one side, at the moment I see none of that. In fact, you could almost make an argument that we've regressed since the opening few weeks.

It doesn't feel like a rebuild to me, not yet.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1