WEDNESDAY- v - BOLTON WANDERERS - omdt

I am hoping that we play Adeniron in midfield and, if he plays, keep Hutch in defence. I think that is a more positive way to set up against Bolton at home, where the fans need a bit more in terms of entertainment. The negative play, slow ineffective passing and messing around at the back, by players with low short passing ability needs to be dumped today. We need to move more for the ball, pass and move, which suits Adeniron more than Hutchinson. I think Adeniron can match up to Lee more, being a box to box midfielder and hopefully he can outshine him.

I have a feeling that things are about to start falling into place for us, but it has to start soon and today would be a great way to get that going. 

Come on Wednesday!

UTO!

36 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

4 changes but time to settle the team?

If we settle on the team he started last weekend with we won't win many.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If we settle on the team he started last weekend with we won't win many.

You won't get an argument from me about that.

Hopefully, we'll have Hutch or Luongo back for DM.

Hopefully, he'll drop Gregory and put someone mobile up front.

Hopefully, he'll get Bannan to do as he's told.

Get these three right, the results will come.

Just now, Django said:

Urrgh

Really haven’t got a shred of enthusiasm for this today

Going for a proper grind of a game 

1-1

I'm slightly more optimistic than last weekend, mainly due to the fact it looks like I won't get p*ss wet through for next to nothing! 😒

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Tough game today. Given how we've played I'd accept a point. Last week was ugly. 

These have scored double the amount that we have and have scored 3 more away goals than we have got in total. Afolayan is a threat and you just know Kieran Lee will boss it. 

This is a dangerous game. 

It’s Bolton ffs not PSG .

Accept a point ffs I have never heard such soft talk . And against Bolton.

we will absolutely slaughter this lot .

if I were Moore I would put the stiffs out just so there is some sort of contest but even our stiffs would turn Bolton over in second gear

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

if I were Moore I would put the stiffs out just so there is some sort of contest but even our stiffs would turn Bolton over in second gear

I'm going on what I've seen this season. Teams like Plymouth and Oxford strolling over us. Battling for everything. Wanting it. Competing. I'm going on what I've seen which has been nothing short of embarrassing at times. Considering most of that, yes I'd take a point here. Unless we wake the **** up it's an ugly season. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

You do know they have more points than us and have scored double our paltry amount of league goals this season right? 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

You do know they have more points than us and have scored double our paltry amount of league goals this season right? 

You've forgot we are a massive club and have the right to win every game at this level. 

Teams lick their lips coming here. 

• Like 1

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Oh my god what has become of our supporters

IT IS A LEAGUE ONE HOME GAME AGAINST BOLTON

I didn’t even know Bolton still existed but somehow they do and whatever rag tag bunch of crocks and cast offs they have seem to have fluked a few points . SO WHAT!

we are Sheffield Wednesday and they are Bolton . It’s absolutely laughable anyone thinks this will be anything other than an absolute hammering for Bolton 

To echo others on here, great OMDT for what should be a decent game. I want to us take the game to Bolton from the first whistle and show some positive intent.

Personally I’d like us to lineup as a 442 with the following starting eleven:

GK-Wildsmith

RB-Palmer

CB-Iorfa

CB-Hutchinson

LB-Brown

RW-Corbeanu

CM-Adeniran

CM-Bannan

LW-Johnson 

ST-Paterson

ST-Berahino 

I think the above is a balanced side the should compliment each other. Go out with a mentality to press and attack and use the ‘advantage’ of being at home and give our supporters something to cheer about. I’m not asking very much, keep it simple and show some fight and determination to get a positive result.

IMO having Brown and Johnson in these positions could be really effective and provide decent opportunities to get the ball in the box for the strikers to get on the end of and put some pressure on their defence/keeper. I think the setup of the front two could also prove positive if they get a good service, here’s hoping.

I think it will be quite an open game and will go for a 3-1 win for Wednesday.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Wildsmith 

Palmer Iorfa Gibson Brown

Hutchinson Bannan

Corbeanu Wing Shodipo

Paterson 

Like the formation and most of the line up. Wouldn't be disappointed if it was Paterson in the Wing position and Berahino up top, also seems a bit harsh on Adeniran, though he was poor last weekend. He could slot in if Hutchinson plays ahead of Gibson, though Gibson's left foot makes him more natural at left CB.

Expect it will be nothing like this when we find out in an hour or so.