WEDNESDAY- v - BOLTON WANDERERS - omdt

13 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It's not like he's the first manager to rotate his squad but he clearly doesn't have a clue what his best line up is or how to line up.

Bannan has gone from the right wing to play in central midfield.

That was an experiment which I doubt we will see again after midweeks dreadful first half. I’m sure there will be a permutation of this squad of players that can work. Wether Moore can find it in time is another matter…

Between 1956 and January 1960 we had just one win against Bolton. Our fortunes turned on two fronts...

• Eddie Hopkinson the England Goal keeper of the time lost the possession of the England Jersey. 
  • The new Keeper was our very own Ron Springett newly arrived from QPR wasted no time in taking charge of the England jersey. 

Up to Boxing day 1963 we were to suffer just one defeat in eight with Ron between the sticks.

We have recorded sevens on two occasions 7-0 in 1915 and a 7-1 in 1931 Bolton managed to rack up 5 against us winning 5-4 at home in 1957.

The overall record is well in our favour with 54 wins   28 draws  and 41 losses.

COME ON WEDNESDAY LET'S HAVE A WIN  WAWAW !

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Why ?

Tactically, Bannan and Hutch are likely to drop back and concede the middle of the park to Bolton. They naturally both drop back into the defensive line which will invite more and more pressure onto us. This has been evident over the years when these two play together in the centre, at least more often than not. It worries me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Wildsmith 

Hunt        Iorfa          Gibson       Palmer

Berahino     Hutchinson    Bannan   Brown

Paterson   Gregory

I'm going with this one.

1 minute ago, Pastor Kidneys said:

Anybody remember when you used to see the team announced and you knew immediately how they would line up?

I've no idea week in week out what's going on. Even when they kick off I'm still clueless.

Yeah, adds a bit of spice to the afternoon though, trying to piece it together like that mathematical equation gif.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Willie Henderson said:

I like that lineup a lot, but I'd like to see Dele in there for a bit of presence, although I daren't say who I would remove.

And Johnson seems at least to be able to get crosses over, so I'd stick with him for now.

Come on Wednesday!

My thoughts too

But I would have Palmer right back Brown left with Johnson in front of him