Fernando's udinese v sampdoria highlights

56 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

That third Sampdoria goal - a one in a thousand ball strike.  Absolutely unbelievable strike.  You dream of hitting a football as sweet as that.

The ball could not fit in the top corner any closer to post and cross bar. The milli second he struck the ball it has goal written all over it. I think 5 keepers would not have saved it. Power accuracy and a constant trajectory from where he hit the ball to the back of the net. Love seeing those goals. Seen as many in amateur football as professional football. I think its in the lap of the gods if the ball is struck that sweet. I have hit the ball like that before and it is an unbelievable feeling. The ball moulds to your foot. It feels like you have kicked fresh air. The ball goes exactly where you wanted it. You remember the feeling for ever and the goal. In 30 years it's happened 4 times in competitive games and about 5 times in training etc. 

Best one was a bit throw in to opposition around half way line. I managed to judge the ball and hit a left foot volley that was so sweet the ball felt like a balloon. The ball never spun or deviated from a perfect trajectory to fit bang in the top corner. One of 2 special goals I scored at coach and horses pitch. Loved playing there. 

The ball strike on that one is incredible.  It goes out and back in, he catches it probably just with about 1 degree off centre to the outside of his foot ,  his body shape when he hits it is perfect.  

The villa goal vs us recently was another where the guy catches the volley as a one in a million clean strike.

Feel nostalgic watching that. Used to love watching Serie A on channel 4 on a lazy Sunday afternoon before we got sky.  And I think there was a Saturday morning highlights show I used to watch too. James Richardson in an Italian coffee house with the newspaper chatting about Italian football.  As a 13 year old boy there was nothing better.  Until I discovered Pamela Anderson on Baywatch on Saturday evenings.  

• Haha 1