How long do we give him?

4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

What it boils down to is the fact it’s a completely different set of players, but the same problems continue 

- struggle to kill teams off 

- mental fragility 

- lack of identity and game plan 

- general passiveness

- incredibly slow tempo 

So if we still have these problems with a completely different group, where does the fault lie

The coaching staff who have been ever present during the transition? 

Its a culture of failure thats been prevalent at the club for many years - pre Chansiri too.

The only Chairman who has taken the club forward in all of the last 30 years has been Mandaric - and before that Dave Richards

Just now, mcmigo said:

Exactly .

proves my point.

It proves your point that they went straight through into the Prem after promotion from League One?

Thats stretching it a bit

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

It proves your point that they went straight through into the Prem after promotion from League One?

Thats stretching it a bit

Am glad you agree. 

proves patience is important.

We should guarantee Moore the job for next 5 years . 

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

Am glad you agree. 

proves patience is important.

We should guarantee Moore the job for next 5 years . 

Leeds had 15 managers in their 10 years from going up from League One to getting in the Prem.

Just now, Grandad said:

Leeds had 15 managers in their 10 years from going up from League One to getting in the Prem.

Maybe if they had stuck with one manager they would have been promoted earlier .

again , good proof again of patience being important and the route to success .

Just now, mcmigo said:

Maybe if they had stuck with one manager they would have been promoted earlier .

again , good proof again of patience being important and the route to success .

Or maybe they would have ended up in non-league.

Which I admit wuld have been awesome

32 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Plenty of teams play out from the back and score lots of goals .  The MK dons goalie no longer takes goal kick restarts, the defender passes it to the keeper who then dribbles it forwards to create space for a short pass.

It will take time to get this right. 

Its a footballing style that i believe is over rated,others differ,each to their own..I will simply say this,it was tried and didnt produce  the goods last Year,was changed  to play a very good Barnsley side,who we went on to easily beat,only to be changed again the next game,and it hasn't produced wins or goals in the Third tier consistently .

Time.....looking at our League position now approaching 10 games,if it doesn't start to 'gell' soon a top 2 spot asspiration will most likely dissapear,leaving us with only a push for a play off place.

Is that good enough? would you be confiddent that we would win our games?

OR would you worry other managers would be able to set up to beat us? I know what i think....

I personally now am worried we are going in the wrong  direction....

Edited by parajack

46 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I have a sort of second  team - MK dons - as it is close to where I live and kids get in free. So I often pop in there and watch their games , so have seen how they have progressed.

under Paul tisdale, they played boring and mainly long ball football which just about did enough to stay up 

they then moved to Russell Martin who introduced playing out from the back, and to be fair the defenders made mistake after mistake doing it. The left back lewington has been there since they were Wimbledon and you don’t suddenly change a player who started nearly 20 years ago overnight. but they stuck with it.

this season the 3 times I have seen them they look certain to go up . They have a goalie and defenders who literally never go long , are all now comfortable in tight space and on the ball; and they pull teams apart very easily.   They play one up front but it’s a very fluid midfield . 

that took two and a half seasons , but they are now there and I will be amazed if they aren’t promoted automatically. 

we are giving our players a handful of games before demanding we go back to 4 4 2 and aimless punting.

we need to give this time, it will work in the end. 

I too have a second team, which is Plymouth Argyle. Can’t tell you the multiple layers of agony I went through two weeks ago! Devastating to watch my beloved Owls outplayed whilst surrounded by overjoyed members of the Green Army. 

I go to all Argyle's home games unless I’m able to get up to S6 and I agree that the style of play favoured by Argyle and MK Dons by the sound of it, takes a while for the players at this level to get used to.

An additional advantage for me is to witness at close quarters, how Ryan Lowe, a current possible favourite for the Wednesday job should Moore be sacked, is doing. Obviously he got them up from L2 at the first time of asking and the first season in L1 was tougher for him. He had a good summer recruitment and this season, they are a different team. They still play out from the back, but they are really quick on the counter, hence Ryan Hardie scoring plenty of goals. 

So I do think Darren Moore deserves more time, but he is at a much bigger club than Ryan Lowe and the calls for him to go might get very loud if this form continues for another few weeks. If the worst comes to the worst - do I think Ryan Lowe is ready for it? Yes I do after watching his progress in the last two and a bit seasons. Do I think he’d want the job? Too right he would. 

It’s a difficult situation.  
Fantastic to back a manager and give time for his team to gel.  On Tuesday we’ll be 10 points off the top two, so we can probably forget about promotion this season unless we put our faith in the lottery of the playoffs. But that’s fine because we can say the team will be fully gelled in time to go again next season, after 7 loan players return to their parent clubs and the likes of Bannan,  Iorfa, Windass will probably ask to leave too.  So we’ll need to gel a new team next season and give it till October to find their feet?  Rinse and repeat. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, akbuk said:

In terms of rebuilding the team we have had a revolution it would be difficult to see how a team could gel in the short term .

evolution is generally the way forward ,time is needed but there are signs of things coming together,patience is required.

Do you write DM post match interview answers??

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

It’s a difficult situation.  
Fantastic to back a manager and give time for his team to gel.  On Tuesday we’ll be 10 points off the top two, so we can probably forget about promotion this season unless we put our faith in the lottery of the playoffs. But that’s fine because we can say the team will be fully gelled in time to go again next season, after 7 loan players return to their parent clubs and the likes of Bannan,  Iorfa, Windass will probably ask to leave too.  So we’ll need to gel a new team next season and give it till October to find their feet?  Rinse and repeat. 

An excellent summary,BB i feel has been here too long,and we need to look to build a team around someone else.

Sell him,move on,and invest in new younger players Barnsley do it,season after season,and we need to do the same...

• Like 1

Its all very laudable to talk of giving Moore two and a half seasons to get the team to gel  playing out from the back as the Barcelona of the 3rd tier. That may be acceptable at MK Dons but it simply isnt going to work at Sheffield Wednesday as we are a different set of fans with a different level of expectations.

Hull were in a similar situation to us and managed to bounce back to the championship first time.

Both Gary Megson and Paul Sturrock came to the club in the past and managed to turn us into promotion material at this level very quickly. They got the club, they understood the fans expectations and had teams that got the job done. It might not have been pretty but it was effective. Im not advocating getting shut of Moore but he needs to rapidly find a way of playing and a settled side thats going to churn out positive results regularly. If we can win a few then that should keep the pressure off. If we are still bumbling around in mid table in Nov / Dec then he is going to be in trouble.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah but we need a win more than a great performance 

We were seconds away from that 

Then our keeper throws the ball into his own net 

Seconds away from a great performance? anyone who went agree with that sentiment? i only listened on the 'wireless' didnt sound like we achieved a great deal other than a good goal early on...

18 hours ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Before the season - we need to give them time to bed in and have patience and faith, it's gonna be a hard season

8 games in - PURE UNABASHHED RAAAAAAAGE!!!!! GRRRRR EVERYONES ********, SACK FN EVERYONE!

Some of you lot need a rest

I am sure most of the negative posts on here do not really have Wednesday at heart or supporters of other clubs . For goodness sake any true supporter should be backing Moore till it least the end of the season.Some people even say they dont like his style of football and must have forgotten our demolition of Cardiff last season when sky pundits described our performance as the best they had seen in Championship last season.

32 minutes ago, markg said:

We won’t get promoted this year and I never thought we would do. 

Big task to replace pretty much a whole team on freebies, loans and unknowns 

Predicted 19th - and said I'd be delighted with it.

Still would

Just now, Grandad said:

Predicted 19th - and said I'd be delighted with it.

Still would

Yep.

hardly any teams go straight back up. The ones that do tend to be the ones that went down with a fight, by a narrow margin and kept the bulk of their squad together. They tend to have low staff and player turnover