How long do we give him?

This is our 5th year from the last 20 that we've been in Div 3.

We finished bottom of the Championship last year and most of the players left. Most of our side now was recruited as a League 1 team.

We're a League 1 side now.

Why do people think we have to go straight back up?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got to give him at least the full season.

We’re not after a quick fix. They rarely work effectively anyway. We need to stick to a long term plan and we need stability. If that means we have another season in league one then so be it. 

We tried the short game and it nearly ruined us. Now it’s time to sit tight and pursue with the long game.

• Like 2

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, FlyingOwl said:

We’re not after a quick fix. They rarely work effectively anyway. We need to stick to a long term plan and we need stability. If that means we have another season in league one then so be it. 

We tried the short game and it nearly ruined us. Now it’s time to sit tight and pursue with the long game.

Agee 100%

11 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Absolutely Spot On. :tango:

11 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Why do people think we have to go straight back up?

Think most want to see signs that we will be in the mix come April.

We have no divine rights to go up but most will expect a go of it.

The pisssing about at the back gets on fans ti ts...cos it does not work..the subs, the line ups are...er strange to say the least.

The don't lose nonsense doesn't work in any league never mind this one.

Besides that, why should fans not have a mump about negative boring football?

And what is the 'long term plan'?

Is there any such thing in football nowadays?

I mean you can be in a play off final one year and another go the year after..a few years later relegated.

Did we plan for the play offs? Or planned to get relegated?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

i dont think its time for moore to go ,its his squad he has created this squad and he is going to have to be given as long as possible to succeed  however boring it is at present , if by march we are too far adrift then he goes a new man accesses the squad for next season . 

though things still will need to improve even for that to happen ,we need happy supporters just scoring a few goals would help we dont have to be right at the top but at the minute its like watching paint dry.

none of our supporters are singing the new players names , only thing i hear is that awful barry bannan song its like a record stuck going around and around and needs splattering . we need a spark anything just anything , if we are staying in league 1 at least entertain us . 

Edited by morganowl
  • Love 1

I'm surprised at the reactions on this thread.  We've been fr@ggin awful for nearly 2 years and been on a constant alarming slide all this time.  Again we're left with no option of lets just see how it goes.

And it seems people either are shrugging their shoulders, past caring or genuinely not too fussed at the moment.

Everyone seems too apathetic or think Chansiri has done well because he brought in 13 players...I honestly dont know how much money he's spent but still, this is all on him.

I watched every match last season and at what point, can we say it won't get any worse.

We're very close to the two darkest periods I have seen us in in over 34 years Ive been watching this shower.  Under Irvine and under Turner.  I'm sorry for wanting better than this.

The general supporters on social media who arn't really bothered about discussing things will be in full meltdown mode if we don't get the results we want this week.  

• Love 1

1 hour ago, FlyingOwl said:

I would just be happy to see a team be able to play for a full 90 minutes, it has not happened since Bruce was manager.

Is it that difficult to come out from the first whistle and play to the last. You at least expect 100% effort, I have not seen this from any of Moore teams yet. We have 20 minute periods but again unable to see out games, then unable to score the second goal that would have got us the points saturday, the same happened the week before with Shrewsbury. We have once again one of the worse attacks in the league.

If fans are paying £25-30 a game they expect to be entertained, not bored to death. There needs to be big improved with effort and end product.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Essays, Plural ?

Never said Ipswich were doing the business, and wasn’t comparing performances. I was comparing the situations and the fact they were in a similar situation as us ( transition wise ).

I fail to see where appealing for calm, time and patience is being complacent. 
I’ll ask again. If you don’t agree with calm, patience and time what do you want.

WW and Accrington are teams in the same league as us on merit. We have no divine right to be above them and quoting league positions after game 8 of 46 is just ridiculous.

Merit??  ...we are not in Div 3 on merit,we are in Div 3 because we  were relegated and sh*te...

Calm patience & time has nothing whatsoever to do with it, DM was not responsible for our demise last season,but niether  was he blameless,& this tiresome playing around at the back in front of our own goal,with what Sat 6 shots was it? 1 goal?...

We are a disaster waiting for an Iceberg....incapable of setting up to beat poor Div 3 teams....we need to stop this nonsense,stop playing everything through BB,and push the ball forward more quickly down the channels and stop playing with a lone striker up front.

We might even get a shot on goal every now and again if we do,& if we keep our fingers crossed,the odd one might even be on target.!!

I want the team to be more like Robbie Williams and entertain us,at the minute its more like Robbie Coltrane...A bit of entertainment,excitement,a desire to both win convincingly & entertain is what i want,with the ball in the opponents third,not OURS from our manager.

Guest Willow Owl
21 minutes ago, parajack said:

Merit??  ...we are not in Div 3 on merit,we are in Div 3 because we  were relegated and sh*te...

Calm patience & time has nothing whatsoever to do with it, DM was not responsible for our demise last season,but niether  was he blameless,& this tiresome playing around at the back in front of our own goal,with what Sat 6 shots was it? 1 goal?...

We are a disaster waiting for an Iceberg....incapable of setting up to beat poor Div 3 teams....we need to stop this nonsense,stop playing everything through BB,and push the ball forward more quickly down the channels and stop playing with a lone striker up front.

We might even get a shot on goal every now and again if we do,& if we keep our fingers crossed,the odd one might even be on target.!!

I want the team to be more like Robbie Williams and entertain us,at the minute its more like Robbie Coltrane...A bit of entertainment,excitement,a desire to both win convincingly & entertain is what i want,with the ball in the opponents third,not OURS from our manager.

We all want fast free flowing entertaining football, but Utopia doesn’t exist in reality. Give Moore time to get things right, in my opinion the second half of the season will be time to judge where we are as a team. 8 games into a 46 game season is not a time to start with over emotive criticism. 
You disagree, that’s fine

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

We all want fast free flowing entertaining football, but Utopia doesn’t exist in reality. Give Moore time to get things right, in my opinion the second half of the season will be time to judge where we are as a team. 8 games into a 46 game season is not a time to start with over emotive criticism. 
You disagree, that’s fine

Not just me my friend,and DM tenure didnt start this season,it started  last season when we may well have stayed up,had we not been playing a systym with players whom were not going to be here the following season...

Not just fans Q DM 'style' but ex players and pundits as well...He isnt showing any signs of getting this right,or being able adapt & make changes when things go wrong....

CHANGE is what i want  from him,I am not calling for his head....yet

• Like 2

Guest Willow Owl
7 minutes ago, parajack said:

Not just me my friend,and DM tenure didnt start this season,it started  last season when we may well have stayed up,had we not been playing a systym with players whom were not going to be here the following season...

Not just fans Q DM 'style' but ex players and pundits as well...He isnt showing any signs of getting this right,or being able adapt & make changes when things go wrong....

CHANGE is what i want  from him,I am not calling for his head....yet

I personally think last season was more to do with anti football Managers Monk and Pulis. I believe Moore inherited players with a losing mentality as well as players coming to the end of their contracts knowing they were leaving and also payment issues. The summer has seen a massive change in playing staff and 14 new players coming in. This is why I believe Moore should given time to get things right and I seriously believe we will get stronger as the season goes on.

All about opinions 

22 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

I personally think last season was more to do with anti football Managers Monk and Pulis. I believe Moore inherited players with a losing mentality as well as players coming to the end of their contracts knowing they were leaving and also payment issues. The summer has seen a massive change in playing staff and 14 new players coming in. This is why I believe Moore should given time to get things right and I seriously believe we will get stronger as the season goes on.

All about opinions 

I know we all want the best for our Club...

I'm still behind Moore, appreciate the very good work he's done off the pitch, but on it underwhelmed by what I'm seeing. 

I understand the need for time, but don't see a settled side of pattern or play and still very little threat  going forward.  We've got some decent attacking players and to be honest attacking wise, we've been poo, especially considering the calibre of opposition.

If we are going to start to form opinions after 10 games, a big week coming up. 6 points from tonight and Oxford on Saturday and we're looking good, likely going into another international break. Otherwise questions to be asked and a change in approach maybe, tactically.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

It’s a results business. If we are off the pace and showing current form around Christmas time DC will get rid and let someone have a crack at the January transfer window. Managers getting a full season etc, irrespective of results, doesn’t happen anymore. Rightly or wrongly. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

All about opinions 

GM ...after all we see & hear about S6 Monks name still vilified.....