How long do we give him?

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, parajack said:

GM ...after all we see & hear about S6 Monks name still vilified.....

Was sacked because we were 23rd and joint bottom,  Not exactly a glowing record. 

Wednesday fans are stupid. We're in L1 for a reason.

Everybody expected us to go to Morecambe and Plymouth and win comfortably cos we're Sheffield Wednesday. It doesn't work like that. Get used to it.

We will lose games this season, plenty more, but that doesn't mean Moore should go. We'll still go up.

• Thanks 2

On 26/09/2021 at 13:08, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

I’d review the situation after 15 games. I get that individual errors have been costing us but performances haven’t been there. If, after 15 games, he is still stubbornly persevering with 4-3-3   & passing out from the back I think he will be giving DC a choice to make.

IMO opinion, one of our better performance last season under more was Barnsley away when we played a bit more direct. I think we played 4-4-2 but I can’t be sure.

Best 1 was against Cardiff

Interested to see how he lines us up vs Bolton, it’s now 6? Games on the spin that I’ve made us the 2nd best team with a real lack of strategy in game. We need to start seeing some identity with the team!!

We could quite easily be sitting here with 1 point from the last 6 based on how we’ve played. We haven’t deserved anything, we’re lucky to be where we are. 

I’m still under the mindset to give him up to the 15th game, but the players have looked completely lost out there this season. 

The dilemma becomes it’s clear we have a squad capable of getting promoted, how long do we roll the dice of DM taking us up (probably via playoffs)? 

Even the most patient of fans will surely start to have reservation if Moore sets us up similar to the last home game with one up front and slow pedestrian passing.

It's not rocket science. to get the Hillsboorugh crowd working for us and making it intimidating for the opposites, we need to play front foot foorball and get men forward in numbers.

We don't want to see the keeper passing to one of two CBs on his feet, who can't pass and end up kicking it out.

Get the ball forward quickly through the channels, with a variety of going down the middle with Bannan through balls and a variety of down the flanks with two strikers in the box.

I am certain Moore won't change. If there is one thing that is certain in football is that most managers get themselves sacked with a lack of moving away from tactics that clearly don't work, it's almost like they have to be proven correct.

I am predicting Moore of the same.

I think if any manager hasn't managed to bring in 14 new players for free after the worst season in recent history, recovered from life threatening Covid, had very little pre-season, and got them to gel within 5 games then he should be sacked...no ifs, no buts

But, if we give him maybe 2 to 3 years and keep improving the squad in each window whilst the club gets rid of all the dead wood and hangers on...then just maybe, we can start looking up again...

Or maybe we continue the cycle of recruiting more 6 month managers who come to work for a permanent idiot until we drop lucky...

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

I think if any manager hasn't managed to bring in 14 new players for free after the worst season in recent history, recovered from life threatening Covid, had very little pre-season, and got them to gel within 5 games then he should be sacked...no ifs, no buts

But, if we give him maybe 2 to 3 years and keep improving the squad in each window whilst the club gets rid of all the dead wood and hangers on...then just maybe, we can start looking up again...

Or maybe we continue the cycle of recruiting more 6 month managers who come to work for a permanent idiot until we drop lucky...

The 14 free and loan players were free and loan players for a reason. Some will work out, some won't.

The only way to find out is to play them and try different things. Or do we just immediately drop everyone for the rest of the season who has a bad game?

He'll need at least January to sort the side out. Any other manager would too.

Everyone got carried away with the start of the season and have come crashing back to reality. If we hadn't been top, if we'd been mid table all season, everyone would have taken it and been happy.

FFS, I'm just happy we still have a club.

Look back to August, would you take what we have now back then. Yes, you would.

• Like 2

Another home defeat against Bolton on Saturday and the crowd may well turn on Moore.

Maybe we should not be knocking it out of the ball park but with the squad we have for League One we are imo under-achieving.

And there is that word again used about him so often at West Brom: "under-achieving".