Moore - No plan A

1 hour ago, basegreenowl said:

At home maybe 4-4-2 could be Plan A or Plan B. Just a thought. Two midfielders, two wingers, two strikers, four at the back, and a goalkeeper... 

I don't think the system matters if the players don't apply themselves properly.

• Like 2

We have two many wimps and bottlers in the team. Any games where physical battles are required  we are over run easily We need a Ken Knighton or Glen Whelan type player, no leaders in the side to show the way. Our lack of physicality and leaders is a concern.

Guest Derby owl
14 hours ago, Dannit1984 said:

DM is probably a lovely bloke with all the right intentions…. BUT… the bottom line is we need to get out of this league! Never mind trying to play like Man City tippy tappy from the back! picking different players every week to keep people happy! fizz that it’s time to be ruthless! fizz 451 541 why r we playing 1 up top! ******** joke! get back to 442 play the best team and stick with it! That’s the only way

Spot on!

3 hours ago, basegreenowl said:

At home maybe 4-4-2 could be Plan A or Plan B. Just a thought. Two midfielders, two wingers, two strikers, four at the back, and a goalkeeper... 

I’d like him to try that formation. Relying on our full backs for width, like we did yesterday, left gaping holes at times defensive. I’ve a feeling Moore will stubbornly stick with 4-3-3 though. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sexpistol said:

I thought we were good for the first 30 mins yesterday. If Bazza scores the pen, it’s a different game.

Maybe but the writing was on the wall soon as he missed, I think majority in that stadium truly knew that Shrewsbury were gunna end up getting one chance and putting it away. We need to start being clinical and killing teams off.

That second half was shocking, our decision making was poor and not one player seemed to even want the ball or making themselves available for the pass. This season, judged on what I've seen so far I think we will struggle on the road but will have a better record at home. That said I'm afraid, if your looking at challenging promotion, you need to be putting teams like Shrewsbury away and making a statement.

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

I don't think the system matters if the players don't apply themselves properly.

100%. Can have a great system (s) all you like, but are our players good enough to carry it (them) out? Looking at the majority last week, I would question their basic footballing brains

Maybe it was an off day!! (another one).

Sure they'll be working on that this week in training..unfortunately Ipswich are due a result...

Every other team, no matter how poo they are will be up for the fight at Hillsborough. 

They will all probably have a target man to work off… they’ll pick their moments when to commit… they’ll get the crowd to turn if they can. 

We’ve got to deal with it.
That’s for Moore and the players. 

11 minutes ago, jacko1992 said:

Kin hell, are we questioning Moore after 7 games? he was the best thing since sliced bread after the Rotherham win 🤣

He needs to get them organised.. but he needs to organise himself first.

I know he's missing injured key players but that's what you get paid for... to manage.