Another Centre Half?

If we were to use the Green money to bring in another player, would it be better to bring in another centre half?

I know we have Dunkley and Gibson as cover for Hutchinson & Iorfa but I thought Dunkley looked quite a bit off the pace when he came on v Fleetwood. He didn’t look overly comfortable playing out from the back either. Maybe he just needs minutes to build his sharpness?

Gibson is a bit of an unknown quantity to me and I haven’t seen him play. Hopefully I’m ‘worrying’ about nothing. After all, Hutchinson & Iorfa may stay fit and play the vast majority of our games!

Guest LondonOwl313

We have 2 players for every position apart from left back so that’s the only gap. Everywhere else should be 1 in 1 out to keep it balanced 

10 minutes ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

If we were to use the Green money to bring in another player, would it be better to bring in another centre half?

I know we have Dunkley and Gibson as cover for Hutchinson & Iorfa but I thought Dunkley looked quite a bit off the pace when he came on v Fleetwood. He didn’t look overly comfortable playing out from the back either. Maybe he just needs minutes to build his sharpness?

Gibson is a bit of an unknown quantity to me and I haven’t seen him play. Hopefully I’m ‘worrying’ about nothing. After all, Hutchinson & Iorfa may stay fit and play the vast majority of our games!

I think we should be fine, I think in a real crisis don't forget we could always put Palmer or one of the youngsters in there aswell. From what I've heard about Gibson he's supposed to be decent, fingers crossed 🤞 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Rather give Gibson and Brenan a chance.

I wouldnt bring anyone else in, squad is a good size now and dont need it bloated.

Re assess in January where hopefully we can play transfer fees again!

Brennan's played well when he's come in, think he deserves a chance, he scares me far less than Dunkley.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

Dunkley doesn't look comfortable on the left and also probably a bit rusty. He's our only commanding aerial presence in defence though and there'll be games when this will be imperative. 

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

For the four billionth time…we aren’t ALLOWED to spend any money. Only loans and frees!

If people mean ‘money for wages’ the answer should still be no. We definitely have enough cover in every position.

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

Ball playing defenders are not easy to come by. We're fairly spoilt that we have Hutchinson and Iorfa who are both comfortable with the ball. Not many in this league or the championship. I think it somewhat skews the opinion on their replacements. I don't think it's fair to compare Dunkley or Gibson to either of them as they are absolute Rolls Royce players at this level. 

I actually think barring any injuries I would bank the Green money until January and use it to strengthen where we need to then.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I honestly don’t think we need any more players. The squad is big enough now. 

I wonder whether we trying to offload El Pato? I thought him and Green would be surplus to requirements a couple of weeks ago. 

I do wonder where Paterson will fit in. Not really a striker and not really a midfielder in the type Moore seems to favour (good on the ball).

Offers decent versatility I guess though? Works hard and committed.

29 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Big game for Dunkley on Saturday, needs to impress which he didn't Tuesday night

Yeah, I think it is too. The blood and thunder of a local derby may be right up his street. It may be a bit more ‘head it, kick it’ type of game (although I hope not). They have a couple of big lads up front so, hopefully, he’ll come into his own.

• Like 1