Relegation a blessing in disguise

Guest Garryswfcowl72

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Christ,does the sun ever shine where you are.

Yes though its gone a bit dull at Stanny at the moment. lol

We have had a good start on the pitch, positives seem to be slowly coming from the club but there are a lot of issues. So before everyone starts blowing smoke up the chairman arse lets leave it a few months or a season and see what football club we have.

If he really has learnt his lesson maybe come the end of the season we are promoted, on a better financial footing and the club is not in as much debt and hopefully those fans still owed money get it repaid.

Just now, room0035 said:

Yes though its gone a bit dull at Stanny at the moment. lol

We have had a good start on the pitch, positives seem to be slowly coming from the club but there are a lot of issues. So before everyone starts blowing smoke up the chairman arse lets leave it a few months or a season and see what football club we have.

If he really has learnt his lesson maybe come the end of the season we are promoted, on a better financial footing and the club is not in as much debt and hopefully those fans still owed money get it repaid.

Its like every time you post summat,wether it be in a positive thread like this or not,you take a massive dump on it by recycling stuff about the chairman thats been said and done time and time again over the last 2 or 3 seasons,let that go,focus on what Moore and the team are doing,............................................................FOR GODS SAKE.

5 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Nope, I think it's quite obvious that without DM we wouldn't have made a lot of the changes we have done.

DC seems to trust him and listens to what he says.

Sorry,i thought you were alluding to the off field/behind the scenes stuff,ya know of which Moore has no input.

Edited by BARMYARMY2010

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

I've never believed this thought but I'm beginning to think it could be for us at this time.

As long as we go up of course!

Exactly the same - never understood the rational, but the the first time ever I was thinking while at the match on Tuesday, it could turn out to be what was needed.

I don't think we would have had this "re-set" if we had stayed up and what the club needed was a culture of positivity and hope creating, we would have achieved that languishing around the bottom half of the Championship, which we would have been.

Edited by Spookone

5 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Its like every time you post summat,wether it be in a positive thread like this or not,you take a massive dump on it by recycling stuff about the chairman thats been said and done time and time again over the last 2 or 3 seasons,let that go,focus on what Moore and the team are doing,............................................................FOR GODS SAKE.

I am focusing on the positives of the team and the manager but you would be stupid to think we are suddenly a well run club there is big issues behind the scene as I have said.

Lets leave it to the team and stop blowing smoke to the chairman and we will all be happier. 

3 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Exactly the same - never understood the rational, but the the first time ever I was thinking while at the match on Tuesday, it could turn out to be what was needed.

don't think we would have had this "re-set" if we had stayed up and what the club needed was a culture of positivity and hope creating, we would have achieved that languishing around the bottom half of the Championship, which we would have been.

I think Co-vid had a big impact on the reset, I honestly believe that DC has realised over 18 months that he cannot run the club without the fans and local business. The interesting thing will be, should we go back up will the prices revert back to the prices of last season or will we move forward in a more sustainable way.

I am very surprised by the level of activity in the playing staff and the standard of a lot of the sighing the Peacock Farrell signing is very good business and the difference having a decent keeper at the back is noticeable even after 3 games,

• Like 1

Commented on this type of topic before and the only way I'd ever agree relegation had a benefit is:

A) it hasn't given DC a kick up the backside. Relegation has literally forced him to change his approach. 

B) had we stayed in the Championship we might have been more tempted to offer new deals to some of the older existing players which would have limited the new blood in the team. 

C) I suspect had we stayed in the championship we'd have had a relegation battle on our hands. League one at least gives more of a chance that we fans get to see the team win and fight at the right end of the table.

D) related to point A it's forced DC to introduce some (more) sensible pricing on tickets. If we can be promotion contenders people will want to come and are more likely to now be able to afford it. 

So it's not all doom and gloom I agree, but I'll never buy into this 'getting relegated allowed us to reset'. That's nonsense, you're forced to reset by relegation. Had we been a well run club we'd have reset a couple of seasons ago when it was obvious we were dropping like a lead balloon 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Garryswfcowl72 said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but for me relegation was the best thing to happen to us the club’s  bottomed out & pressed the reset button on & off the pitch the green shoots of recovery are starting to appear .we’ve got a better younger more dynamic squad got rid of lazy big earners a manager that’s bought in to what the fans want bringing the fans back in love with the club again after a divide that’s been there for over 2-3 years with poor appointments & recruitment. Chansiri’s advisors taking a back step is a massive boost better ticketing & merchandise is also better it’s a long way back on the pitch but you can feel the positivity around the club growing daily Mr Chansiri needs to learn from past mistakes & put things in place that are sustainable on & of the pitch within our finances. Uto

Lets hope so but its very early days, at the moment we on the right lines even if we dont get promoted. But only takes one person to change all that.

I do genuinely believe that relegation has helped/force the club to reset and start afresh.

Had we scraped survival on last day, I would imagine we would have kept majority of the players on the books.

Squad this season is far more promising than last season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gob_Bluth said:

But DM could have done all this stuff without us getting relegated

Only the likes of Bannan, Hutchinson and Palmer gave a f**king sh!t but hey he should’ve kept us up. I hope Moore is sticking 2 fingers up to a lot on here come the end of the season, I really do.

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

Only the likes of Bannan, Hutchinson and Palmer gave a f**king sh!t but hey he should’ve kept us up. I hope Moore is sticking 2 fingers up to a lot on here come the end of the season, I really do.

Never said anything like that.

it was literally a comment that we didn't need to get relegated to make the changes we did. 

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

I've not seen a single person on here who isn't 100% behind Darren Moore Jim

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

24 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Never said anything like that.

it was literally a comment that we didn't need to get relegated to make the changes we did. 

We’ll never know but I doubt whether we’d have seen the amount of squad upheaval that we have? There would’ve been a temptation to keep the likes of Lees and Reach. We needed a fresh start and perhaps relegation was the only way we could’ve done it?

2 hours ago, Onge said:

Exactly. And we're only three games into the new season - no guarantee we'll go up this season. I'd rather still be in the Championship, no question.

Some of the lads we've signed would have still given us a buzz if we were still in the championship, but no disrespect to league 1 it's a different animal in the championship. 

The last two seasons we'd got into a "losing habit". 

A year down here if we do really well, even if we only get playoffs and don't go up this year will do wonders for confidence and getting winning runs going.. Look at the momentum and confidence the piggies brought up with them from winning league one, they hit the ground running when they got back into the championship and ended up getting PL status. Its remarkable what confidence and a winning mentality can do and where it can take you. 

So I for one don't mind one bit us being down here now I can see the positive recruitment and outlook it's already bringing. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I've not seen a single person on here who isn't 100% behind Darren Moore Jim

To read some of the posts on here you would think we’re in the bottom 4, not in the Top 4 with a new team trying to gel together?