Relegation a blessing in disguise

Guest Garryswfcowl72

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

Does ‘further away’ mean anything in this global ‘always in contact’ world we live in?

People in all walks of life are working remotely & DC is no different. If Darren Moore says he speaks to DC numerous times a day, does that matter whether it is face to face or remotely?

If he wanted to interfere, he could just as easily do it remotely.

This idea that the reason we are doing ok is because DC is ‘incommunicado’ is as laughable as it is naive.

Or the idea that after 7 years of mis management that has cost the best part of £200m.

That he has suddenly flicked a switch and the first team is being managed correctly, we are not wasting silly money on transfer fees, most of the signing have British football experience not playing in obsure foreign leagues. The ticket prices have dropped to a better level for a championship team (though we are in league one), the corporate boxes prices are back to the pre DC prices, the shirts now produced by a company that makes them for a living have the shirts ready for the first home game of the season and cheaper than the shirts we made ourselves and a few months earlier.

This suggest that DC is not involved with the day to day running of the football club, with making the shirts or managing the team. 

But of course he could have had an epiphany, admitted to himself he was doing everything wrong and started to do it correctly but its highly unlikely as in some of his recent press releases he still though he was doing a good job. 

1 hour ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

OK then, this "no where near" bottoming out, where do we go for it to get worse so we can "actually" bottom out? 

He took out a loan on the stadium from New Avenue Projects Limited for a reported £6m last year this needs repaying by the end of September 2021. If its not repaid Hillsborough could be sold to the highest bidder for New Avenue to get their money. 

The bottom out could result in us homeless, if DC does not have the money to pay the loan. 

We are improving in a lot of areas in the last few months, but the finance behind the scenes could scupper everything. We don't have long to wait we will know in about 6 weeks if this loan gets repaid or not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

He took out a loan on the stadium from New Avenue Projects Limited for a reported £6m last year this needs repaying by the end of September 2021. If its not repaid Hillsborough could be sold to the highest bidder for New Avenue to get their money. 

The bottom out could result in us homeless, if DC does not have the money to pay the loan. 

We are improving in a lot of areas in the last few months, but the finance behind the scenes could scupper everything. We don't have long to wait we will know in about 6 weeks if this loan gets repaid or not.

And on, and on it goes, why do you keep posting stuff everyone is Aware of about the chairman. 

Ya like that guy who rattled on about Green peace and Thai tax write offs, he reckoned we'll be groundsharing with Donny come September. 

Chill man. 

1 hour ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

OK then, this "no where near" bottoming out, where do we go for it to get worse so we can "actually" bottom out? 

Hmm. Let's see. 

Unable to pay the millions owed on the Stadium. Losing our home. Unable to pay the players resulting in a instant points deduction. There's a starter for ten.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, daleblue said:

I am happier than I was at the start of last Season, not a fan of the players that have since left, pleased with a lot of

what our Manager has done in recruitment, but of course proof is in the pudding, just 3 more to get out of the Club

and I will be even happier.

Go on then, what 3 are them then ?

• Haha 1

It has looked to be good for us, as long as we go back up. I wasn’t convinced we would struggle in this league as some suggested this summer, but was still surprised with some of our business. I perhaps expected any signings from leagues above to be younger and less in demand. Wednesday will always be able to throw their weight about financially at this level and did so when times were possibly even harder financially.

If we can’t spend much in the championship then at least developing one or two players in league one and developing a winning culture helps bridge that gap.

Derby dancing in the car park feels a long time ago.

42 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Hmm. Let's see. 

Unable to pay the millions owed on the Stadium. Losing our home. Unable to pay the players resulting in a instant points deduction. There's a starter for ten.

On the stadium. The millions owed by DC to DC? It’s always seemed a paper exercise.

I think the 2 benefits of relegation are the way it has forced us to cut our cloth accordingly knowing that extra £7m or so versus being a Championship club is simply not there - it makes us work harder behind the scenes, or at the very least speeds up the process of change.

But for me the main benefit is of momentum. If we're scoring more, winning more and making headlines in the division our stock rises a whole lot more than it does languishing for another season towards the bottom of the Championship. Value of players will start to rise, and we may even choose (or need to) bring in some money for those who will get snapped up by Championship or even Premier League teams - an inevitable part of getting back to bring a self sustaining club who makes progress. At the end of the season if we're promoted we enter into next season's Championship division with a whole load of gusto behind us with a real spring in our step.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BRADDO said:

Hmm. Let's see. 

Hmm lets see

Where has that "unable" come from ?,and unless i'm mistaken swfc still play at (at a cost,granted) hillsborough,so "we" haven't lost anything..

The not paying players was last season,the points deduction was for profit and sustainability issues,the  "suspended"  points penalty is for non paying wages.

So your starter for ten doesn't really make it off the starting line,and the question was " How have we not bottomed out" ?

Guest LondonOwl313
4 hours ago, room0035 said:

Will more than likely get rolled over, loans like this are typical as you get a lower rate of interest if its secured against an asset rather than not. They are unlikely to demand the sale of the ground... particularly as in the absence of Sheffield Wednesday a piece of land on a flood plain in a not too desirable area of Sheffield wouldn't fetch much. The club is what gives the stadium value.

Anyway, DC might pay it off in full as whatever financial issues were hampering him last year seem to have been resolved.

11 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Hmm lets see

Where has that "unable" come from ?,and unless i'm mistaken swfc still play at (at a cost,granted) hillsborough,so "we" haven't lost anything..

The not paying players was last season,the points deduction was for profit and sustainability issues,the  "suspended"  points penalty is for non paying wages.

So your starter for ten doesn't really make it off the starting line,and the question was " How have we not bottomed out" ?

You asked:

"Where do we go for it to get worse for it to bottom out"?

In my ongoing observations of DC, I gave you a starter for ten. You've replied to a post that you believed was there, but when you read it again, you'll see it really isn't. 

18 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

You asked:

"Where do we go for it to get worse for it to bottom out"?

In my ongoing observations of DC, I gave you a starter for ten. You've replied to a post that you believed was there, but when you read it again, you'll see it really isn't. 

Yes,thats right i did

So,points deduction has happened,stadium sale has happened,non paying of player wages has happened,relegation has happened,how much worse "going forward" does it have to get for us to really,really bottom out

Doesn’t make sense.

Which of the players that have signed would have said no to the same deal but in the Championship.

As fans, we feel brighter and breezier because we are winning and look like competing for the top slots. I’m enjoying our start and looking forward hugely to every game, but I’d still want to be in the Championship.