Relegation a blessing in disguise

Guest Garryswfcowl72

Guest Garryswfcowl72

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but for me relegation was the best thing to happen to us the club’s  bottomed out & pressed the reset button on & off the pitch the green shoots of recovery are starting to appear .we’ve got a better younger more dynamic squad got rid of lazy big earners a manager that’s bought in to what the fans want bringing the fans back in love with the club again after a divide that’s been there for over 2-3 years with poor appointments & recruitment. Chansiri’s advisors taking a back step is a massive boost better ticketing & merchandise is also better it’s a long way back on the pitch but you can feel the positivity around the club growing daily Mr Chansiri needs to learn from past mistakes & put things in place that are sustainable on & of the pitch within our finances. Uto

1 minute ago, Garryswfcowl72 said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but for me relegation was the best thing to happen to us the club’s  bottomed out & pressed the reset button on & off the pitch the green shoots of recovery are starting to appear .we’ve got a better younger more dynamic squad got rid of lazy big earners a manager that’s bought in to what the fans want bringing the fans back in love with the club again after a divide that’s been there for over 2-3 years with poor appointments & recruitment. Chansiri’s advisors taking a back step is a massive boost better ticketing & merchandise is also better it’s a long way back on the pitch but you can feel the positivity around the club growing daily Mr Chansiri needs to learn from past mistakes & put things in place that are sustainable on & of the pitch within our finances. Uto

Great Post there.

• Like 2

Also worth mentioning Portsmouth always seem to start well then drop off towards the end. We need to stay consistent and not fall into the trap

said it last season though around February just take the relegation reset and refresh I’m happier now we have got players wanting to be here

Edited by stocksyuto
  • Like 2

Guest Garryswfcowl72
7 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

But DM could have done all this stuff without us getting relegated

I doubt that very much sometimes you have to take a step back before you go forward 

Guest Garryswfcowl72
4 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

We're only three game in to the season, could easy spend the next few years down here ala Sunderland.

Time will tell, think it's at least lifted the negativity around the club weirdly.

Hence why I said a long way to go on the pitch but the early signs are good 

12 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

But DM could have done all this stuff without us getting relegated

I think maybe it was the kick up the backside that DC needed, not sure he would have acknowledged all the problems without the wake up call of relegation.

He does know we're relegated right?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Garryswfcowl72 said:

I doubt that very much sometimes you have to take a step back before you go forward 

Of course we could, it's all off the field administration things that have needed doing for years

DM would have done them this summer regardless of which division we were in.

I am happier than I was at the start of last Season, not a fan of the players that have since left, pleased with a lot of

what our Manager has done in recruitment, but of course proof is in the pudding, just 3 more to get out of the Club

and I will be even happier.

1 minute ago, Willie Henderson said:

I think maybe it was the kick up the backside that DC needed, not sure he would have acknowledged all the problems without the wake up call of relegation.

He does know we're relegated right?

I think the kick up the arse DC needed came from the EFL saying we're going to bend you over and go in dry if you fizz around with the wages anymore

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Guest mrbluesky
16 minutes ago, Garryswfcowl72 said:

Only problem is, we could be stuck in this league for years, don't be fooled by the short-termism of our chairman, most fans knew we were a car crash waiting to happen, he carried on regardless.

If I had a penny for every time someone said  "he has hopefully learned from his mistakes" I'd be a rich man, he's bloody minded, he  has adapted because he HAS to, not WANTS to (history tells you this)

I still want Chansiri gone, but, be careful what you wish for!!!!

The closer we are to danger, the further we are away from harm.

I genuinely believe if we can get relegated one more time then we'll be making the kind of progress we really need to.

• Haha 3

I genuinely dont think we would have had the reset if we stayed up.

Chansiri would have used it as an excuse to say its all good and I want playoffs.

We would have extended the deals of current squad like Reach and Harris.

It would have been stale and we would be in another relegation battle.

• Like 9