Premier League 21/22

I thought City Liverpool was a great game. Really thought City could have ran away with it in the first half and if I were a city fan I would regret going for Grealish and not using that money on Kane. I think Grealish is good enough for them but he's more of the same for them, whereas Kane would have taken them to the next level by offering a different scoring outlet, as would Ronaldo, Messi or Lewandowski. They should have targeted somebody like that. Foden was looking brilliant but despite the finish in the 2nd half he still has some work to do on that aspect of his game. They just need a top class finisher really. KdB poor today too.

Don't know how Liverpool kept themselves in it really as City looked much higher quality in general, Salah was amazing, and carried them a fair bit. I think Milner has had his day. I think they need something of a cash injection as can't keep relying on Salah.

• Like 1

It was about 12-18 months ago that Mane and salah were pushing one another on. 

Since then Mane has regressed slightly and Salah was gone on to another level. 

Wonder if Klopp has had a word after the publicity about them not getting on etc? 

Think Salah is papering over a few cracks at Pool.

Still a very good side, but I think they've dropped a level or two.

Little less intensity in their play and now conceding a lot more goals than a few years back.

Still got a chance of winning the title though.

City the team to beat though.

Guest Mcguigan
On 28/09/2021 at 11:13, SiJ said:

It's actually worse than I thought. 

As I said earlier: just comes across as very fake and phoney. It's the kinda thing that gets lauded in the PL, how it shows so much passion etc. 

It’s not so much of an atmosphere they create, more a monotonous racket and usually only when they’ve scored.

Needing a shirtless 30 something year old bloke with a megaphone and drum to orchestrate a closely grouped number of “Ultra’s” is, as you say, very phoney.

2 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

It’s not so much of an atmosphere they create, more a monotonous racket and usually only when they’ve scored.

Needing a shirtless 30 something year old bloke with a megaphone and drum to orchestrate a closely grouped number of “Ultra’s” is, as you say, very phoney.

I'd swap our band for him.

I didn’t agree with Roy Keane when he said City are the clear favourites and miles ahead of the others 

Thats just not true. Chelsea & Liverpool will run them very, very close 

They won the league with no striker last year, but let’s be honest, they hardly had a major competitor last season. Man Utd were never getting near them, Chelsea were going through a transition and Liverpool had a host of injuries 

Man Utd were 2nd with 74 pts, but then 3rd and 4th had 69 and 67 respectively 

Theres no way it’ll be like that this year. 

I honestly think Liverpool will get very close, although the African cup of nations could hinder them 

Liverpool (and my fantasy team) really missed Trent yesterday. He's not a great defender but Milner is so slow now that he got absolutely roasted. City were very good first half but clearly miss that goal scoring focal point. Surely Sterling would be a better option than Grealish if they are playing without a striker. He would at least get in the box.

You would think with the squads they have Chelsea and Man U would be right up there but United have captain clueless managing them. Chelsea at least have a good, if a bit boring, manager in Tuchel. They were getting outplayed by Saints in the second half until JWP got sent off though. 

Cant see past CIty as even without a striker they will hardly concede goals as they are so strong defensively now. Liverpool the team most likely to push them but they need their first team to stay fit as they dont have the depth that the other top teams do.

If City had got themselves Kane, I think they'd win the title at a canter tbh.

This last week they've outplayed Chelsea, PSG and Liverpool, all away from home.

Yes, they lost in Paris and needed a late equaliser at Anfield, but they look a level above most at present...but the lack of a clinical goalscorer is costing them.

Liverpool are still a very good side, but I don't think they're at the level they were at their imperious best. Any sort of injury to that first XI and they're in trouble. Milner is a great pro, but having him as the back up RB shows the lack of depth in the squad in certain positions.

Any injury to Salah and they're screwed. 

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

Liverpool (and my fantasy team) really missed Trent yesterday. He's not a great defender but Milner is so slow now that he got absolutely roasted. City were very good first half but clearly miss that goal scoring focal point. Surely Sterling would be a better option than Grealish if they are playing without a striker. He would at least get in the box.

You would think with the squads they have Chelsea and Man U would be right up there but United have captain clueless managing them. Chelsea at least have a good, if a bit boring, manager in Tuchel. They were getting outplayed by Saints in the second half until JWP got sent off though. 

Cant see past CIty as even without a striker they will hardly concede goals as they are so strong defensively now. Liverpool the team most likely to push them but they need their first team to stay fit as they dont have the depth that the other top teams do.

In stark contrast to his Villa days, Grealish appeared very much like a small fish in a big pond yesterday. 

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

If City had got themselves Kane, I think they'd win the title at a canter tbh.

This last week they've outplayed Chelsea, PSG and Liverpool, all away from home.

Yes, they lost in Paris and needed a late equaliser at Anfield, but they look a level above most at present...but the lack of a clinical goalscorer is costing them.

Liverpool are still a very good side, but I don't think they're at the level they were at their imperious best. Any sort of injury to that first XI and they're in trouble. Milner is a great pro, but having him as the back up RB shows the lack of depth in the squad in certain positions.

Any injury to Salah and they're screwed. 

I think it’s the African nations this year 

• Like 1