Premier League 21/22

Arsenal's aim this season should be to try and be the best of the rest. 

Got no chance of top 4, but if they can finish say 5th or 6th then that would represent a very good season for them. 

They're not in Europe, so that should work in their favour over the likes of Leicester and West Ham. 

Guest Mcguigan
9 hours ago, owls maniac said:

They’ve no chance. But Arteta has really taken the pressure off himself after that underwhelming start to the season. 

Right irritating ******** though isn’t he?

Bouncing about on the touch line,arms flailing all over the place and screaming instructions at his players when they’re 3-0 up.

All seems a bit, look at me when they are winning. Not the usual slumped in his seat, looking puzzled, when things aren’t going so well.

2 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

Bouncing about on the touch line,arms flailing all over the place and screaming instructions at his players when they’re 3-0 up.

All seems a bit, look at me when they are winning. Not the usual slumped in his seat, looking puzzled, when things aren’t going so well.

Young manager innit. Think they try a bit too hard at times. Anyway, needs to enjoy it whilst it lasts because always a new Arsenal crisis just round the corner.

9 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

Trying to be like Guardiola 

Arsenal fans need to chill. They beat a rancid Spurs side. They’ll probably lose at Brighton again at the weekend 

Football fans are becoming more and more fickle after just one result. Wait and see what happens 

Any "derby" named after a road is a really tinpot rivalry. Clearly 2 teams who nobody else cares about travelling miles to find the nearest other team that nobody cares about going  "Do you want to be our rivals?". "Yeah alright then. Oh, we hate you". "We hate you more". "Gosh we have such a fierce rivalry now. What shall we call it?". "Dunno, what about that 60 mile long road between us". 

Edited by alanharper
typo

You know a rivalry is good when the broadcaster has to explain why they hate each other.

Isn't it to do with Alan Mullery once calling Brighton a nasty name or something? 

It's very fake and phoney, but then it involves Brighton who come across to me as one of the fakest, most plastic clubs in the country.

I might be in the minority here, but I can't also get on board with this Palace ultra thing. I know they're noisy and what not, but this wasn't a thing in the Champ, was it? Just smacks of something that they've teams from abroad do and decided to copy it. Not very organic. Perhaps I'm being harsh to them.

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You know a rivalry is good when the broadcaster has to explain why they hate each other.

Isn't it to do with Alan Mullery once calling Brighton a nasty name or something? 

It's very fake and phoney, but then it involves Brighton who come across to me as one of the fakest, most plastic clubs in the country.

I might be in the minority here, but I can't also get on board with this Palace ultra thing. I know they're noisy and what not, but this wasn't a thing in the Champ, was it? Just smacks of something that they've teams from abroad do and decided to copy it. Not very organic. Perhaps I'm being harsh to them.

Yeah I think it is to do with Mullery and Vennables. Stupid rivalry but I remember finding the story interesting.

Agree with you on the Palace thing, but on the other hand, at least they are enjoying themselves. Not like our miserable lot 🙂

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Dont know what you're on about mate. They are proper Ultra hard and intimidating and cool...

We love you, we love you, we love you,

And where you play we follow we follow we follow,

Cos we support the Palace, the Palace, the Palace,

And that's the way we like it we like it we like it,

Whoaaaaaaa whoaaaaaaaaa...

Almost as cringey as "you're getting mauled by the Tigers". 

15 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

Dont know what you're on about mate. They are proper Ultra hard and intimidating and cool...

Almost as cringey as "you're getting mauled by the Tigers". 

It's actually worse than I thought. 

As I said earlier: just comes across as very fake and phoney. It's the kinda thing that gets lauded in the PL, how it shows so much passion etc. 

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It's actually worse than I thought. 

As I said earlier: just comes across as very fake and phoney. It's the kinda thing that gets lauded in the PL, how it shows so much passion etc. 

It all feels very much US sports - which I enjoy btw but it's not the same as an organic football atmosphere.