Premier League 21/22

2 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

I can see Liverpool moving Mane on this summer and, bringing in Saint-Maximin. He’s ready made for their style of play, Mane isn’t as effective as he once was.

That would be a ludicrous move 

Mane had a quiet year last season, but the last 5 years he’s proved to be one of the best wide players in Europe and has around 80 goals in 170 games for Liverpool, still only 29 

Saint-Maximin is a showboater but his end product/finishing leaves a lot to be desired 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

That would be a ludicrous move 

Mane had a quiet year last season, but the last 5 years he’s proved to be one of the best wide players in Europe and has around 80 goals in 170 games for Liverpool, still only 29 

Saint-Maximin is a showboater but his end product/finishing leaves a lot to be desired 

Depends how much you can get for Mane really

On 03/10/2021 at 18:35, BIG D said:

City should have had a penalty and Milner had a nailed on 2nd yellow ignored. If we’re going to persist with VAR it’s got to be used. Sh ite. 

Totally agree. The problem with VAR is it cannot be used in yellow card situations.

Shambolic refereeing.

City would be unstoppable with a quality CF, I'm sure January will see a new striker for them. 

Newcastle’s takeover moves a step closer to being possible.  I think it will be interesting to see how a big club like that gets on with some more money behind them.   Then it leaves the question of whether Ashley will want to stay in football and move his brand to another club, or not.. 

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Newcastle’s takeover moves a step closer to being possible.  I think it will be interesting to see how a big club like that gets on with some more money behind them.   Then it leaves the question of whether Ashley will want to stay in football and move his brand to another club, or not.. 

They'll end up like Everton.

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

hopefully he won’t do, especially if the rumours of him being interested in us are true. 

1 hour ago, TomBee said:

I daredn't say it in the main chat but does this clear a path for an Ashley takeover and the return of Bruce? 

In short yes, in long probably not. Personally think Ashley would do a much better job at getting us back to the PL than Chansiri.  Then all we would have to complain about is the lack of signings and only finishing above relegation every season in the PL. rather than how we got outplayed by mansfield’s youth team 

• Like 1

I’m from a family of Geordies and my late Grandad ended up boycotting the club after 75+ years of support because he couldn’t stand Ashley… just imagining his reaction to hearing he’s sold up… to the Saudis, who he also had no time for. 

Reckon old cabbage heed might make it for the Ashes this winter if he’s lucky

It is absolutely astonishing that this takeover is going through.  The premier league now needs to simply abandon the fit and proper test, as it is completely meaningless.

Newcastle are being taken over by a government and man that ordered journalists to be hacked to pieces and people flogged for just being who they are.