Forest want Palmer.... we must sell !

Let’s be honest if we get any amount of money in for Liam Palmer then we have to accept. 

He’s not our first choice, limited in so many areas, we have financial problems and only had a year left on his contract…. I’ll be honest id have released him at the end of his contract twice before this period and would be doing again at the end of this season.

If forest offer anything for it I’m taking it.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, PEARSON said:

Personally I hope Chansiri has learnt a lesson in running a football club that we’re not above selling people and that it’s a necessary evil. We’ve sold no where near enough players in his ownership. We need to generate revenue somehow. Palmer is far from indispensable, approaching 30 and in the last year of his contact. If we can get somewhere in the region of £750k I’d be happy to see Wednesday do the sensible thing and sell as appose to extending his contract. 

It should be down simply to what benefits the team the most. If keeping him is best we keep him, otherwise he should be sold, but it should be DM's decision not someone who is Clueless about both football and business.

Too many on here want to see a good player sold just for the sake of selling someone, anyone!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

25 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Fans clamour for club to be run in a sustainable manner 

Club may have chance to sell very average player for 500k plus 

Fans no keep him he's one of our own...

For me it's not a case of 'we must keep him'.

Letting him go for nothing would be my issue. Absolute folly.

I've said earlier, in the ballpark that you've mentioned, I could see the sense in selling.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

Putting the shoe on the other foot, and knowing who we've signed on loan and on frees this summer, if we now signed a Liam Palmer for 200-300k I'd be questioning that decision massively

Watching the forest game yesterday I wondered why they would want to send their young right back out on loan and sign Palmer. When frankly their young right back looked just as good. If I was a forest fan and the club pays more than £500k for Palmer i would be a little disappointed.  Though he is a fantastic servant to our football club, there’s no denying he’s not irreplaceable in our long term plan.

Edited by Southie_Owl
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Fans clamour for club to be run in a sustainable manner 

Club may have chance to sell very average player for 500k plus 

Fans no keep him he's one of our own...

I don’t think anyone has said that. Some people have said to get the right price, others, like me, have said if we sell him then we need at least one more fullback. 

2 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

It should be down simply to what benefits the team the most. If keeping him is best we keep him, otherwise he should be sold, but it should be DM's decision not someone who is Clueless about both football and business.

Too many on here want to see a good player sold just for the sake of selling someone, anyone!

I get you but it’s not just about what benefits the team the most. We have to think about our finances and have to have some forward planning. It was the best thing for the team keeping Forestieri et al but it wasn’t the best for Wednesday as we’ve ended up with transfer embargos, points deductions and not owning our own stadium. Selling a player for money would indicate that Chansiri has realised he has to raise funds somehow. 

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

Putting the shoe on the other foot, and knowing who we've signed on loan and on frees this summer, if we now signed a Liam Palmer for 200-300k I'd be questioning that decision massively

As a league one club, You’d question why you’ve signed a player for 200k who’s 29, played 300 times for one club, majority at championship level and is a current international. 
Personally I’d be ecstatic 

48 minutes ago, PEARSON said:

I get you but it’s not just about what benefits the team the most. We have to think about our finances and have to have some forward planning. It was the best thing for the team keeping Forestieri et al but it wasn’t the best for Wednesday as we’ve ended up with transfer embargos, points deductions and not owning our own stadium. Selling a player for money would indicate that Chansiri has realised he has to raise funds somehow. 

Sorry but I disagree strongly on the Forestieri issue. Once his toys went out of the pram he should have been sold pronto. He was never the same after that and his value plummeted. What made no sense was not cashing in him at the time when we could have had north of 10 million for him.

As for Palmer, we'll get 500k if lucky, which we probably can't spend anyway and then have to find a replacement.  Also makes no sense.

5 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Let’s be honest if we get any amount of money in for Liam Palmer then we have to accept. 

He’s not our first choice, limited in so many areas, we have financial problems and only had a year left on his contract…. I’ll be honest id have released him at the end of his contract twice before this period and would be doing again at the end of this season.

If forest offer anything for it I’m taking it.

If he is not our first choice. How come he has started both of our games so far. 🤔

• Like 3

On 08/08/2021 at 18:53, SiJ said:

And yet he's been picked consistently by all our managers for about 10 years now.

Suggest it might be you who doesn't understand the game.

On 08/08/2021 at 18:49, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Thats first class "patronising" fella well done. 

All those managers who've played him, offered or recommended contract extensions,pfft,wtf do they know eh. 

The player who he supposedly replaced has had to be re-signed...that says it all.

He was never first choice in our better teams, Buxton and Hunt were. It's no coincidence he's been first choice whilst we have declined recently.

Moore has worked him out clearly if he's willing to offload.

1 hour ago, FlyingOwl said:

Well Hutchinson has come out and said he gets unfair stick, is due a testimonial, is the hardest working player at the club & would be disappointed if he left. 

Clearly Hutchinson has never seen him track back or stand with his arm in the air whilst opponents run past and score.

12 minutes ago, mark77 said:

The player who he supposedly replaced has had to be re-signed...that says it all.

He was never first choice in our better teams, Buxton and Hunt were. It's no coincidence he's been first choice whilst we have declined recently.

Moore has worked him out clearly if he's willing to offload.

Conversely Moore has worked him out and selected him for the opening two competitive games. There's no indication at the moment that he does want to offload. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Conversely Moore has worked him out and selected him for the opening two competitive games. There's no indication at the moment that he does want to offload. 

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

What I will say to all these people who don't seem to rate Palmer, is if he is that bad, why are a championship club after him.?

I've watched him for over 10 years, he's cost us numerous goals through poor defending. Nothing will change my mind. I get frustrated that our coaches/managers over the last 10 years have not coached out of him some of his bad habits like ball watching and playing offside rather than tracking runners.

The incident at West Brom a few years ago, this is what I see all too often. 11:18 onwards. Look at Westoods reaction to him. He still does this now and it's never been removed from his game.

2 minutes ago, mark77 said:

I've watched him for over 10 years, he's cost us numerous goals through poor defending. Nothing will change my mind. I get frustrated that our coaches/managers over the last 10 years have not coached out of him some of his bad habits like ball watching and playing offside rather than tracking runners.

The incident at West Brom a few years ago, this is what I see all too often. 11:18 onwards. Look at Westoods reaction to him. He still does this now and it's never been removed from his game.

You don't rate him, fair enough. Moore however rates him enough to pick him.

I wouldn't be too unhappy if he moved on so long as we get the £500k fee (minimum) that a player of his experience and quality warrants.