Forest want Palmer.... we must sell !

31 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I was told months ago that Palmer wants a new challenge. Maybe he doesn’t want to sign a new deal? Forest would be a decent move for him - division higher and won’t have to up route. 

I’d cash in what we can now and thank him for his services

Every player had a price. What price would you want for us to cash in on Palmer now though?

17 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

We don't have cover at all wouldn't trust nor do I rate Patterson 

Iorfa is a centre half if fit you wouldn't move him to right back therefore it's a throw up between hunt and Palmer for the spot

Last season we didn’t even have a recognised left back in the squad. Yet remarkably would still be a Championship club on merit if it wasn’t for the stupid points deduction.

We actually have decent cover across defence now. Moving Iorfa to right back if Hunt gets injured isn’t the end of the world. We still have Dunkley and Gibson to fill in there.

If Palmer wants to leave I suggest we move on and make a bit of money on him. 

• Like 3

Palmer is going to be on first team wages, and probably isn't going to be a first team player.

Do people think it would be a sensible business option to keep a player like that, who could well run down his contract and leave for nothing (sounds familiar), or sign him up again on first team wages and not play?

We have Iorfa that can play there if needed, or one of the youngsters, or go out and get a cheap replacement.

It'll really show we haven't learnt the lessons of the past decade if we keep him on to not play and run his contract down.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gerinako said:

Keep him and offer contract extension for me

I don't have a problem with that if he's in DM's plans but if Liam doesn't want to discuss an extension then we sell him now if there's an offer on the table, rather than see him walk away for nothing next summer.

18 hours ago, mark77 said:

Selling Palmer instantly improves our squad instantly because he's a liability.

Doesn't track back well.

Gets on the wrong side of his man too often.

Doesn't score anywhere near enough goals.

Anyone who truly understands the game and watches closely will know he's not good enough and never has been.

Seems you just excluded yourself.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Last season we didn’t even have a recognised left back in the squad. Yet remarkably would still be a Championship club on merit if it wasn’t for the stupid points deduction.

We actually have decent cover across defence now. Moving Iorfa to right back if Hunt gets injured isn’t the end of the world. We still have Dunkley and Gibson to fill in there.

If Palmer wants to leave I suggest we move on and make a bit of money on him. 

I have only seen you post he wants to move have you privelidged information or guesswork

3 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I have only seen you post he wants to move have you privelidged information or guesswork

I was told a couple of months ago that Palmer wanted to move to Forest. The rumour hasn’t gone so I reckon it has legs. 

Plus I’d rather we sell and make money. Would actually show we’re learning from mistakes of the past.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I was told a couple of months ago that Palmer wanted to move to Forest. The rumour hasn’t gone so I reckon it has legs. 

Plus I’d rather we sell and make money. Would actually show we’re learning from mistakes of the past.

But your the only one posting the rumour as l have seen

This is where we need to learn from past seasons. Forest offer anything upwards of 300k and we should sell.

Granted he's a good player at this level. But i don't think he is essential for success this season. Brown, Johnson and Galvin all able to play in that position. Last year of contract. 29 Years old one of the higher earners now probably. Worst case we sign a new left back in January.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

Talked to a few Forest mates they seem to think there skint unless they sell , Houghton not making the transfer decisions (sounds familiar) and are in need of a left back.

We’ll swap for Lewis Grabban 

1 hour ago, Owly Mowly said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he is one of the players discussing a contract extension this week 

That's the key, if he's not in Moore's long term plans (which is not certain given he replaced him  at RB with Hunt and has brought in other LB's) then a sale is a good deal. In fact, possibly a good deal all round for player and club.

if Moore wants him and he wants to stay, great. If not, now is a good time to sell, realise a transfer fee and put some wages back in the budget.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1