Lee Gregory

20 hours ago, striker said:

According to his ex team mate, seems conclusive...

"Gregory is a Sheffield boy but it is not the blue side of the steel city that he backs. He is a Blade, supporting the Owls local rivals Sheffield United".

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/03/07/lee-gregory-would-be-perfect-for-sheffield-wednesday-claims-mill/

Source is questionable for transfer rumours,  but as directly quoting a player in interview, more believable.

I may be old fashioned or narrow minded, but doesnt sit well with me. That said, how much of a blunt is debateable, given he turned them down to go to Stoke not long ago.

Interesting that four years ago when he was scoring for Millwall, he was said to be perfect for us.
Wonder why we didn’t try to get him. We finished up with strikers who did not have good scoring records. After LG did not so well at Stoke and Derby, he has still got it!

3 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Interesting that four years ago when he was scoring for Millwall, he was said to be perfect for us.
Wonder why we didn’t try to get him. We finished up with strikers who did not have good scoring records. After LG did not so well at Stoke and Derby, he has still got it!

2 minutes ago, victorturner said:

…I meant to say they didn’t have good recent scoring records in the seasons before we acquired them 

We didn’t make the right transfers after that initial season when we brought in foresters and hooper if we were more ambitious we wouldn’t be in this mess, hopefully dc will get it right this time 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stocksyuto said:

We didn’t make the right transfers after that initial season when we brought in foresters and hooper if we were more ambitious we wouldn’t be in this mess, hopefully dc will get it right this time 

Yes. Fletcher had not been scoring much when we allegedly gave him a better deal than FF. Hooper though a good footballer was no longer prolific. Let’s hope LG has still got it!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Will he be announced today what we reckon ?

Who knows. Maybe Stoke will hold out to see if any other club will come in with a better offer that actually includes a fee.

Johnson had a medical a week ago and still isn't signed up. It would be good to have another CF for Saturday, however.

Edited by Beauchief Owl

15 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Wonder if he is one of the ones Derby are trying to sign. 

Might well be but derby in a complete shambles atm ? The most they can pay atm is 4.5 k a week now things might change and the EFL up wot they can pay but I would imagine we can offer more than 4-5k? So he gota make a decision go for what’s being offered here or roll the dice with them? Also makes you wonder where we might be if still in championship? Looks like relegation gave us a reset when desperately needed!!! Although dc still to blame for the mess anyway 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Might well be but derby in a complete shambles atm ? The most they can pay atm is 4.5 k a week now things might change and the EFL up wot they can pay but I would imagine we can offer more than 4-5k? So he gota make a decision go for what’s being offered here or roll the dice with them? Also makes you wonder where we might be if still in championship? Looks like relegation gave us a reset when desperately needed!!! Although dc still to blame for the mess anyway 

Morris has today given the derby players contracts with their names on but no wage figures if they don’t sign it they can’t play on the weekend . Derby are no threat to anyone 

• Like 1

Great signing for this level, I wouldn't have wanted him in the Championship but for League One he'll definitely be an asset. I said yesterday on here that I can see him doing a Neil Mellor type job for us