Change to the number of headers allowed in training

15 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

What about sports like rugby, boxing etc where blows to the head are part of the sport? Are they seeing changes to regulations?

They're all looking into it.

The NFL is probably the biggest sport doing something about it, they've had a lot of high profile incidents - murders/suicides all linked to CTE caused by impact to the head playing the sport

19 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Again, it doesn't mean that we should keep heading the ball.  The ball has changed constantly throughout time, but the act of heading a ball (even those used today) over and over again is not good for the brain.

May as well ban football then. You can't tackle anymore, now you shouldn't head the ball. 

It's pathetic. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Stop heading it, stop slide tackling, penalties for accidental handball, booked for celebrating, changed k.o. times for Sky, rainbow armbands, VAR, taking the knee, ejected from the stadium for standing up, minutes applause for Captain Tom and a two minutes silence for the king of Thailand…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

They're all looking into it.

The NFL is probably the biggest sport doing something about it, they've had a lot of high profile incidents - murders/suicides all linked to CTE caused by impact to the head playing the sport

Yeah but apart from that...

Apart from the agony, death, murders, suicide and horrific brain damage leading to early death

APART from that

Why is it changing? Nanny State, it's ridiculous etc etc

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

errrr....

I know this might not go down well BUT

Can I just point out that despite the ranting of people saying 'this is ridiculous' or 'nanny state' the absolute facts are that the footballers who have been heading the ball for your entertainment have been dying early from brain injury

So yeah - keep saying how ridiculous it is

I 100% support players and their families and friends suffering due to the footballer in question getting serious brain damage just because some old gimmers wanted them to be heading a football over and over and over for years for their entertainment

And I 100% absolutely GUARANTEE that none of you - NONE of you - would be up for having brain damage so please... stop volunteering others to have it

Thank you 

Yours truly,

Every sensible person on the planet

Give it a year and this will be football 

tenor.gif.6d174318c377b7e3ea155fa419a233dd.gif

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Give it a year and this will be football 

tenor.gif.6d174318c377b7e3ea155fa419a233dd.gif

Would you put yourself forward to get brain damage just for the entertainment of others?

And if you WOULD (you wouldn't) wouldn't you think it would be a good idea to have yourself protected from yourself through rules designed to stop you getting brain damage and dying an early death

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah but apart from that...

Apart from the agony, death, murders, suicide and horrific brain damage leading to early death

APART from that

Why is it changing? Nanny State, it's ridiculous etc etc

I fully support our players heading boulders and turning their brains into mushy peas all in the name of entertainment.

It's like being back at the coliseum I tell ya

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

errrr....

I know this might not go down well BUT

Can I just point out that despite the ranting of people saying 'this is ridiculous' or 'nanny state' the absolute facts are that the footballers who have been heading the ball for your entertainment have been dying early from brain injury

So yeah - keep saying how ridiculous it is

I 100% support players and their families and friends not suffering due to the footballer in question getting serious brain damage, just because some old gimmers wanted them to be heading a football over and over and over for years for their entertainment

And I 100% absolutely GUARANTEE that none of you - NONE of you - would be up for having brain damage so please... stop volunteering others to have it

Thank you 

Yours truly,

Every sensible person on the planet

Agree - I understand the hesitation but people should go and watch the documentary Alan Shearer did with the BBC on heading and concussion in football. A really shocking but interesting watch.

• Like 1

Just now, Boobook said:

Football stopped being played by proper men when they started wearing shin pads. These modern players are a disgrace.

Back int' mah day

Players sued to tek whippet ont 10 mile run, gut pub drink fotty pints smoke 25 woodbines and still turn up at there T'illsboro and score an hattrick arfcut

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Some short sided games have no heading or sliding or balls above the head. So not hard to see how this can't be too far away. 

It's not quite a game breaker for me, unlike for example keeping motor racing to 30mph. So it will happen one day 

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Would you put yourself forward to get brain damage just for the entertainment of others?

And if you WOULD (you wouldn't) wouldn't you think it would be a good idea to have yourself protected from yourself through rules designed to stop you getting brain damage and dying an early death

So would you Boxing, MMA or any sort of hard contact sport.

Did training changes to NFL to protect people's heads and think it's worked really well.

The 'we used to be good in the 90s' crew will be along and tell us how protecting a player's brain as much as possible is crap and we'll soon be a communist state shortly.