Non SWFC transfers 2021/22

A few weeks of the silly season to go now the Euros is over.

I think Olise from Reading is a great signing for Palace, very impressed with him last season. So composed for an 18/19 year old. Definitely one to watch if he adapts to the PL well like Eze did. 

Leicester signing Soumare for £17m is a good bit of business too, seen him play for Lille a couple of times and he looks like a handy player.

Trincao is another one that caught my eye, thought he was highly rated at Barca but it seems like they need the money for Messi so he’s off to Wolves. Could be a really exciting player to watch if he adapts well to English football. 

9 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Kane is my bet, inked with everyone but ending up staying at Spurs.

Kane almost seemed destined to never win anything.

Problem is I cant see Spurs letting him go for anything that teams would be willing to pay.

Once upon a time, a Man U would have slapped 30 million in front of Spurs and that was your lot.

Now, you're looking at 150 million for him?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Kane almost seemed destined to never win anything.

Problem is I cant see Spurs letting him go for anything that teams would be willing to pay.

Once upon a time, a Man U would have slapped 30 million in front of Spurs and that was your lot.

Now, you're looking at 150 million for him?

Yep, and now he seems to have drifted away from the traditional number 9 role, I think that perhaps makes him less attractive to the few clubs who could meet Levy's asking price. City probably could (even though they are pleading poverty currently) but if he does he dropping deep thing, that's likely to get into De Bruyne and Foden's space. 

3 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

I know Kane has a fantastic record, but when you’re talking £100m+, I’d be throwing that at Dortmund for Haaland instead.

Would love to see him in the Premier League. 

I would love to see Haaland in the premier league. I think he's the next equivalent to messi or ronaldo who could win the ballon d'or for many years to come. 

Would prefer to see him at City though with Pep, or even Liverpool than Chelsea. 

Kane, with his injury record and, age in mind, is worth 100m. It would end up 120m with add ins. Spurs will value him on the basis of his worth to them as a team which is fair enough. I can see it being a long 2 years for Kane.

Palace set to sign Guehi from Chelsea for £10million.

Surprising. And cheap. I imagine there’s a tonne of add-ons though & probs an option to buy him back.

I too was impressed with the signing of Olise though. That, plus Guehi are two excellent pieces of business. Palace very much rebuilding and rebranding I think. 

Shame Eze will probs miss the start of the season I imagine. Would love to see him get that England call him cos he really is a special player.

If Guehi or Tomoroi really push on and Ben White gets a big move in the coming weeks, then the world Cup squad could suddenly look a lot stronger in areas of weakness for England. 

Hopefully Henderson can have a big 18 months too for Man Utd or another biggish club 

I agree that Olise looks a good player.

I think Harry Kane may have peaked and is on the wane. We have seen it before with Ian rush that something of their magic and sparkle seems to fade away.

generally I’m not that interested in Premier League transfers….couldn’t really care less whether Leicester City have made good signings. (But Patson Daka does looks good to my uneducated eye).

for Derby the nightmare goes on. The continuing transfer embargo has really ballsed up our ability to make the necessary changes. Players I would have liked are going to other clubs.

we are desperate for centre backs. For the past three seasons we have relied on a loanee. We booted out keogh, discarded Cocu’s Dutch signing, and flogged George Evans in a desperate move to get some cash. Curtis Davies and Andre Wisdom are now both free agents. 
I would have liked Luton’s Matty Pearson or oxfords centre back pairing of Elliott Moore (24) and Chesterfield born Rob Atkinson (23). Atkinson looks like a great signing for Bristol city and Pearson has gone to Huddersfield. Meanwhile we have Richard Stearman (32)-  who I always thought was crap -and Phil “oh please don’t take the ********” jagielka (38) on trial along with other flotsam and jetsom including…..I can barely bring myself to type it…..Ravel (aaagh ffs) Morrison. To top it all we have just made Tom Lawrence captain. You couldn’t make it up.

Elsewhere…..

Matt Ryan to Real Sociedad is interesting.

mowatt and Matt clarke look decent signings for west brom

vrancic to Stoke seems like a good idea

jimmy floyd hasselbaink continues to impress with recruitment of young hungry players at Burton Albion.

And you will be hoping that Darren Moore’s similar strategy will pay dividends.
I think you’ll definitely be in the mix for promotion - but what do I know?

I remember thinking that barnsley had made two good signings in Liam Lindsay and James McCarthy and they were subsequently relegated.