ENGLAND vs DENMARK - Semi Final - Official Matchday Thread

Just now, Raminpeace said:

Enjoy but…..We will need to play better than that to win it.

Thing is having overcome the semi-final hurdle they can play without fear and just enjoy it on Sunday.

At least that's the theory!

• Like 1

Can't believe we've done it! I've backed Southgate all along and defended what I thought was a very good run in the world cup despite people saying we'd missed a great opportunity.

Well done boys, maguire, stones, sterling and kane all immense.

I actually think Stones is now in the world class category. Hes been understated all tournament but just pure class.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

I know mate, he's so bitter its hilarious. Had to stop watching and switch the VPN on for ITV post match coverage.

Im just sat here thinking about streaming the final over watching the content I’ve paid for. I absolutely detest the “bitter dinosaur” coverage, it’s a disgrace.

• Like 1

Obviously I am happy having never seen England in a major final, but we were so average tonight and will need to be much better in the final.   Having Italian heritage I am well aware of how good Italy are at winning finals and this Italian side are very good at grinding out results 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Never any danger.  

You can't stress me England, I'm a Sheffield Wednesday fan. 

Everyone was asking me was I nervous before the game. I said no, we’ve good player and this isn’t current Wednesday that’s ive watched for years 

14 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

I know mate, he's so bitter its hilarious. Had to stop watching and switch the VPN on for ITV post match coverage.

Let's just hope he's even more bitter come Monday morning!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Grandad

I'm sat in my little garden bar, my lockdown project...

Everybody has gone home, work in the morning. I'm finishing a beer, with a toffee vodka chaser. I'm listening to the Stone Roses. "This is the One". And maybe, just maybe, it is.

But right now, all I can do is sit here and drink in the moment. The moment we qualified for the final of a tournament for the first time in my life. I love football, and I love my football mates. We deserve tonight, even more so for the complete sh*te we've been served up by the tw@t of a chairman at Hillsborough.

It's coming home. #sohappy #andabitpissedifimhonest

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

I'm sat in my little garden bar, my lockdown project...

Everybody has gone home, work in the morning. I'm finishing a beer, with a toffee vodka chaser. I'm listening to the Stone Roses. "This is the One". And maybe, just maybe, it is.

But right now, all I can do is sit here and drink in the moment. The moment we qualified for the final of a tournament for the first time in my life. I love football, and I love my football mates. We deserve tonight, even more so for the complete sh*te we've been served up by the tw@t of a chairman at Hillsborough.

It's coming home. #sohappy #andabitpissedifimhonest

It’s 10.30am here bud but I am toasting you with a beer. Take it in, savour every second.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Two things.

The game changed when Grealish came on.

The game changed when Grealish went off.

JG scares the opposition, I’ve never seen a player fouled so often.

The formation changed when GS bought on KT and switched to 3 at the back and wingbacks. It actually made it a little uncomfortable for a few minutes until we settled again.