ENGLAND vs DENMARK - Semi Final - Official Matchday Thread

29 minutes ago, Owl247 said:

Obviously I am happy having never seen England in a major final, but we were so average tonight and will need to be much better in the final.   Having Italian heritage I am well aware of how good Italy are at winning finals and this Italian side are very good at grinding out results 

We weren't average,apart from a 20 minute spell, we bossed it

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

JG scares the opposition, I’ve never seen a player fouled so often.

The formation changed when GS bought on KT and switched to 3 at the back and wingbacks. It actually made it a little uncomfortable for a few minutes until we settled again.

I could understand the caution, but thought we were bossing it in extra time...made it very nervy

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I could understand the caution, but thought we were bossing it in extra time...made it very nervy

Same here, it just risked giving them a foothold when they looked all but done. Anyway who are we to question GS……lol

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Same here, it just risked giving them a foothold when the looked all but done. Anyway who are we to question GS……lol

Exactly.

It was a poor decision IMO though, we were totally in control with Grealish on.

That said, we won, so you are right, who are we to question Southgate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Their free kick was soft albeit a great strike 

Kane should have had a Pen .

Deserved win 

on to the next game 

well done Gareth and boys 

5 minutes ago, Owl247 said:

All about opinions mate, but no way we bossed it 

Yea all about opinions but you are wrong 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Guest LondonOwl313

We might end up winning this tournament but I still don’t like the tactics. 

Loved how we played against Ukraine. And last 25 mins against Germany. And first half of extra time tonight. 

No coincidence this is when we have our attacking options on.. would like to see us play like that throughout and let the opposition worry about us instead.

Feel like our approach leaves a lot to luck if you don’t get the breaks in a game. Thankfully we’ve had the breaks in all of our knockout games so far 

5 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

We might end up winning this tournament but I still don’t like the tactics. 

Loved how we played against Ukraine. And last 25 mins against Germany. And first half of extra time tonight. 

No coincidence this is when we have our attacking options on.. would like to see us play like that throughout and let the opposition worry about us instead.

Feel like our approach leaves a lot to luck if you don’t get the breaks in a game. Thankfully we’ve had the breaks in all of our knockout games so far 

Every team have their breaks. We have played as well as anyone, and if you held every team under the same microscopic investigation you hold England too you would recognise their flaws too.

Italy will be very difficult to beat and if we do beat them, then we are worthy winners.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Congrats England, deserved to win with the amount of pressure you put on Denmark throughout the game. But, man of the match, Schmeichel... you should feel lucky it didn't go to penalties, that would have been grueling and I could definitely see him being hero of the night then. BUT, who cares, you decided the game in extra time, come on England, beat Italy too, please! 😄

Fantastic result last night.  

On a personal level, great to see my kids so excited cheering on the England team in front of the tv.  I would love them to see a successful Wednesday team playing good football as I had the privilege to watch as a youngster under the Charlton, Wilkinson, Atkinson and Francis years.

Incredibly tough game against Italy who have arguably been the best team of the tournament and deserve to be in the final like England.  Winning trophies is not meant to be easy but if we play well and have a bit of good fortune we can win this.

• Like 2

Were  Denmark a tougher opponent or did we make hard work of it?

A bit of both perhaps.

Denmark played very well and passed the ball brilliantly. But they are still Brentford plus Dohlberg. And he had plenty of chances. 
schmeichel is starting to look like the best keeper in the world whilst Pickford began to look a bit erratic.  we weren’t quite able to reach peak form.
I was surprised that he left Sancho out.  saka wasn’t quite as good imo.

But our former Ram, Mason Mount played very well 

Grealish was ok. A bit slow and casual  but he would have created something for us if allowed to play on.
we played very well at times but a soft penalty is ultimately a slightly disappointing way to win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raminpeace said:

A bit of both perhaps.

Denmark played very well and passed the ball brilliantly. But they are still Brentford plus Dohlberg. And he had plenty of chances. 
schmeichel is starting to look like the best keeper in the world whilst Pickford began to look a bit erratic.  we weren’t quite able to reach peak form.

Grealish was ok. A bit slow and casual  but he would have created something for us if allowed to play on.
we played very well at times but a soft penalty is ultimately a slightly disappointing way to win.

In a tournament of exemplary refereeing I thought last night's referee was pretty poor all evening.

IMO England were the better team though and well deserved the win. 

Sunday should be very special.

• Like 2

We have just a good a chance as Italy. I can’t help but think the way they have been playing, high intensity from minute 1, they have burned themselves out. We have grown into the tournament and also have a wider choice of players to bring on. Similar to last night, if it went to extra time I would fancy us. Other teams don’t have the same strength in depth as us. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Raminpeace said:

A bit of both perhaps.

Disappointing way to win ,!!! Give over we have had no luck in previous semis over thee years. It was great to have some luck for once Hopefully this is England's year, we have waited s long time for this. Everyone should just enjoy it.

• Like 1