🎶 THREE LINES ON A SHIRT! 🎶

I had a mate in London who was on the street markets selling football stuff. He couldn't put Arsenal on shirts because it was  a trade mark and he'd get done. He put 'Gunners' on it because that wasn't trade marked. He did similar for all the clubs.

Used to shift loads of gear and practically had trading standards stood by his stall the full time. The clubs started trying to trade mark their nick names but a lot of the time they couldn't. It's a few years ago now so maybe they've closed the loopholes now.

Strikes me this '3 lines on a shirt'  is a similar way of cashing in on Englands success.

8 hours ago, Sham67 said:

I think it means if England had 3 Chris Lines in midfield they’d walk any tournament.  Not sure though.

"Walk" being the operative word! lol

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Silkstone Owl said:

a USA Soccer Guy rip off then? 

I'd genuinely never seen the USA Soccer Guy thing until now! His designs are crap anyway... Buy mine! 😂

The "Three Lines" thing has been a misheard lyric joke for decades now.

36 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

I'd genuinely never seen the USA Soccer Guy thing until now! His designs are crap anyway... Buy mine! 😂

The "Three Lines" thing has been a misheard lyric joke for decades now.

yep, i genuinely thought that was the lyric when I was a kid in 1996.

Love the shirts. As i said above, I've ordered quite a bit of stuff from the site and it's great.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, markg said:

yep, i genuinely thought that was the lyric when I was a kid in 1996.

Love the shirts. As i said above, I've ordered quite a bit of stuff from the site and it's great.

You're a legend! Glad you like the stuff. Thank you so much! 🙌

21 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Nowt wrong with that 

Absolutely. I'm all for free enterprise. If club merchandise prices were a bit lower people might not be tempted by alternative market gear.

42 minutes ago, prowl said:

Absolutely. I'm all for free enterprise. If club merchandise prices were a bit lower people might not be tempted by alternative market gear.

I wouldn't mind the club's prices if the quality was decent. But for the most part you pay premium prices for poor quality stuff that has an incredible markup simply because it has the badge on it.

A lot of premier league clubs have actually realised this over the last few years and have improved quality rather than being a theme-park style tat shop, like... dare I say... Wednesday's.

Anyway. I purposefully don't compete with Wednesday (or United) and this one is about England anyway so the point is academic in this thread so I'll get off my soapbox now. 😂