Osaze Urhoghide joining Liam Shaw at Celtic FC

Guest wilyfox

35 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

We don’t know which ones were fully or part-paid. Was reported they were paid up to 7k per month depending. The young ones don’t earn near that much. 

Again when you work at a company where the boss isn't paying people (whether that's your colleagues or you personally) you will be demotivated and affected yourself and be looking to find a new place to work

You know... REALITY?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Time will tell - let's hope you're right mate

So do i. No guarantees in football, but if Urogohide and Shaw had not been with us already and considered as potential new signings  with those other two, suspect few would bet on a lad from Winbledon and our own academy.

What's done is done though, can only hope that the players we now have succeed. 

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Again when you work at a company where the boss isn't paying people (whether that's your colleagues or you personally) you will be demotivated and affected yourself and be looking to find a new place to work

You know... REALITY?

Yeah I’m sure Liam will completely disregard the last 12 years the club have developed him because of pay issues the last 18 months, yes that’s what he’ll be thinking.

..and Ozase will feel no debt of gratitude towards Wednesday for helping him get a fantastic opportunity at Celtic, having been deemed not good enough for league one and dumped by the mighty AFC Wimbledon before we took him in. 

Sure thing, babes x

5 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

True.

But I wouldn't be too chuffed if we were signing the same type of players from a team relegated to two divisions below us.

Depends

If it was a club where players downed tools because of the chairman not paying people Id understand that totally and sign em up

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Depends

If it was a club where players downed tools because of the chairman not paying people Id understand that totally and sign em up

Sign up squad players who downed tools during a relegation fight from a side a division below you?

I bet Rangers are quaking in their Kilts.

1 minute ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Sign up squad players who downed tools during a relegation fight from a side a division below you?

I bet Rangers are quaking in their Kilts.

Every time players leave our club our fans act like jilted boyfriends who's girlfriends have left them for their brother

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Every time players leave our club our fans act like jilted boyfriends who's girlfriends have left them for their brother

I was looking at it from the Celtic fans point of view.

I bet their whelmometer is very disappointing. 

Edited by lanzaroteowl

1 minute ago, lanzaroteowl said:

I was looking at it from the Celtic fans point of view.

I bet their whelmometer is very disappointing. 

Depends who else they sign

If they've signed our two lads to complement bigger signings as I suspect, then Celtic fans I'm sure will be totally fine with it

Owlstalk Shop

15 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

A new contract for Griffiths, signing Shaw and Urhoghide. It’s a shame for Wednesday but if players like that are the limit of their ambitions for next season then I’m loving this as a Hearts fan.

Some say that Celtic and Rangers are grand....😉💖

• Love 1

Osaze reminds me of a defensive Antonio. Not necessarily in how he plays but his raw talent. People didn't always rate Antonio but look what happened when he got to a proper team with managers and coaches that believed in him and stability/structure within a club. The guy, who couldn't trap a ball properly in League 1, has recently been on the fringes of the England squad. 

Celtic have such top quality coaching and experience bringing players through I am not surprised they identified the talent Osaze and Liam have. There was no way either player was going to shine in our awful situation. Yet they did well for me. But seriously, the club is sinking and stagnating and crumbling. How the **** are these players going to look like finished articles in our circus? 

Where has this idea come from that Urhoghide and Shaw are Celtic’s peak signings? 

Are they not allowed to sign youth as well as proven quality? 

That’s what most top clubs seem to do. Perhaps wait for the end of the window instead of being so assumptive 

42 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That may be the case on some occasions but those two laddies are nowhere near the standard required for Celtic to be challenging for the title and competing in Europe. In the future maybe but certainly not now. If Shaw and Urhoghide are being signed as projects fair enough but it’s not acting like a jilted boyfriend saying that they’re not (yet) good for that level or top players. It’s just being honest saying that they are underwhelming signings for Celtic. They are.

It’s sad for Wednesday, I’m sure they would have done a good job this season in a lower division, and it’s another example to add to the long list of massive blunders by the chairman. And I agree who we sign as replacements will be telling.

But are they irreplaceable? No. They were barely good enough to start for us last season in the Championship. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

That may be the case on some occasions but those two laddies are nowhere near the standard required for Celtic to be challenging for the title and competing in Europe. In the future maybe but certainly not now. If Shaw and Urhoghide are being signed as projects fair enough but it’s not acting like a jilted boyfriend saying that they’re not (yet) good for that level or top players. It’s just being honest saying that they are underwhelming signings for Celtic. They are.

It’s sad for Wednesday, I’m sure they would have done a good job this season in a lower division, and it’s another example to add to the long list of massive blunders by the chairman. And I agree who we sign as replacements will be telling.

But are they irreplaceable? No. They were barely good enough to start for us last season in the Championship. 

They’ve signed 4 year deals.

They will be signed as projects. They’re both 20 years old. 

26 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Where has this idea come from that Urhoghide and Shaw are Celtic’s peak signings? 

Are they not allowed to sign youth as well as proven quality? 

That’s what most top clubs seem to do. Perhaps wait for the end of the window instead of being so assumptive 

Who else have they signed? Because according to all the expert chairmen on here you have to have made your signings before preseason starts otherwise it’s shambolic   

6 hours ago, wilyfox said:

We don’t know which ones were fully or part-paid. Was reported they were paid up to 7k per month depending. The young ones don’t earn near that much.

Ask Shaw and Urhoghide how much the club have helped them get where they are. I bet they’re more appreciative than you are.

No-one disputes choosing Celtic over Wednesday. Anyone with a brain that can read a thread can see that. 

Well I'm not a professional footballer, what a strange comment.

I never said they wouldn't be appreciative of the club I just pointed out neither owe us anything. If you act in the manner that Sheffield Wednesday Football Club has over the last few years you can't be surprised when a bigger, better run club comes in and takes your assets.

Neither Liam Shaw or Osaze Urhoghide owe Sheffield Wednesday anything. They were here, we didn't do enough to keep them and they chose to move on, it's a blow to the club due to losing out on money down the line but that's Chansiri's fault for employing the methods he does.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't but it's a fact very few go on and have successfull careers at a higher level

• Like 1