Osaze Urhoghide joining Liam Shaw at Celtic FC

Guest wilyfox

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

He's left

Yes, to compete and try to win the SPL and play in Europe, that kinda thing.

Guest Willow Owl
17 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Well might be different if the Chairman didn’t go out all guns blazing and slag Pulis off in front of the world

What did you expect him to do. The dinosaur failed miserably and the football was abysmal. Makes no difference what Chansiri said, bigger teams come calling players will leave, it’s life.

10 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

What did you expect him to do. The dinosaur failed miserably and the football was abysmal. Makes no difference what Chansiri said, bigger teams come calling players will leave, it’s life.

Not very professional is it.

It’s not life. We offered Osaze a crap 1 year extension last year despite him breaking into the first team.

It could have actually been completely avoided. 

Guest Willow Owl
Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Not very professional is it.

It’s not life. We offered Osaze a crap 1 year extension last year despite him breaking into the first team.

It could have actually been completely avoided. 

How could it have been avoided. We signed him after his release from Wimbledon, Hardly an endorsement to give him a four year contract. He then picks up a serious knee injury, Hardly a reason to offer him a long term contract (been bitten by that bug several times). Came back and played really well so bigger clubs came scouting end of.  It’s called football and we are not a big club capable of keeping hold of talent no matter who’s in charge, Especially when we’ve had Celtic’s scouts at our club. 

Personally, think he is a good prospect and will do bigger things than Shaw. Good luck to the lad.

I’ve seen his interview before and he seems like a super nice lad. I can’t say anything other than good luck to him, and I hope his career is a success. 

I said the same about Shaw and hand on heart if he were my son I’d tell him to sign for Celtic and not stay at Wednesday. Terrific opportunity for him and presumably good money. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

How could it have been avoided. We signed him after his release from Wimbledon, Hardly an endorsement to give him a four year contract. He then picks up a serious knee injury, Hardly a reason to offer him a long term contract (been bitten by that bug several times). Came back and played really well so bigger clubs came scouting end of.  It’s called football and we are not a big club capable of keeping hold of talent no matter who’s in charge, Especially when we’ve had Celtic’s scouts at our club. 

Personally, think he is a good prospect and will do bigger things than Shaw. Good luck to the lad.

Young 18/19 year olds won’t be asking for much money. 2 year extension last summer would have been adequate and covered the clubs back and ensured if he does go on to fulfil his promise we make a bit of money on him.

This keeps happening under the chairman. Tired of people saying it’s just football. It’s not - well run clubs avoid these scenarios.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Willow Owl
23 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Young 18/19 year olds won’t be asking for much money. 2 year extension last summer would have been adequate and covered the clubs back and ensured if he does go on to fulfil his promise we make a bit of money on him.

This keeps happening under the chairman. Tired of people saying it’s just football. It’s not - well run clubs avoid these scenarios.

Why would you give a young player recovering from a serious knee injury a 2 year contract.( that’s not worked well in the past).  We’ve had Celtic scouts working for our club. It’s no coincidence, once tipped off we were never going to be able to compete. 
So far, how many young players have left the club under Chansiri and gone on to bigger and better things.

Reminder to all those crying about how Pulis assistant has scouted our players for Celtic that Chansiri sacked him after just a few weeks at our club

Karma and all that

Sack a scout like that - youll get your players scouted for other clubs

Dont pay players and they’ll down tools and you’ll get relegated and it will cost you millions 

It really is THAT simple

Mess with peoples wages or their jobs they’ll mess with you back twice as hard 

Karma innit 

Every time this chairman picks a fight he messes it up, loses, and costs the club and our fans massively 

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

32 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Why would you give a young player recovering from a serious knee injury a 2 year contract.( that’s not worked well in the past).  We’ve had Celtic scouts working for our club. It’s no coincidence, once tipped off we were never going to be able to compete. 
So far, how many young players have left the club under Chansiri and gone on to bigger and better things.

Who employed Celtic scout and then sacked them after a couple of months. And then publicly slaughtered their mate in public for the football world to see.

If we keep on doing it, it’s only a matter of time before one of them comes good.

Shaw and Urhoghide both improve our side. We’ve lost em for nowt. 

Guest Willow Owl
6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Who employed Celtic scout and then sacked them after a couple of months. And then publicly slaughtered their mate in public for the football world to see.

If we keep on doing it, it’s only a matter of time before one of them comes good.

Shaw and Urhoghide both improve our side. We’ve lost em for nowt. 

So we don’t employ anyone that’s ever worked for another club. He slaughtered him in public because he deserved it, He was an embarrassment.  
Once bigger clubs come sniffing at your young talent ( especially with inside knowledge) its only a matter of time.

It’s quite simple, a financially ruined club like ours can’t now afford to pay what clubs like Celtic will pay on ‘young gambles’.

Sad and true. 

It’s the system we should have gone for from day one, long before dc blew the pot.

To Celtic if this doesn’t work out the finances will barely hit the sides. They’ll make profit on another youngster somewhere to cover it if it didn’t work.

What a sad state of affairs he’s got us into

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

See, Big O is grateful even if fans don’t think he should be.

There’s a big difference between being thankful and grateful for something and feeling like you owe something imo.

I disagree Shaw and Urhoghide, or any footballer for that matter owe the clubs who help and develop them.

I do think it’s common decency that they are thankful (if they’ve been treated well). Saying they owe Sheffield Wednesday something implies they are indebted to the club. The reality is, they both seem like good lads who are very grateful for the opportunities they received.

I don’t want to put words in your mouth or twist what you are saying, but imo you may be confusing owe with being thankful. 

Best of luck to the young lads anyway.

Guest wilyfox
37 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

There’s a big difference between being thankful and grateful for something and feeling like you owe something imo.

I disagree Shaw and Urhoghide, or any footballer for that matter owe the clubs who help and develop them.

I do think it’s common decency that they are thankful (if they’ve been treated well). Saying they owe Sheffield Wednesday something implies they are indebted to the club. The reality is, they both seem like good lads who are very grateful for the opportunities they received.

I don’t want to put words in your mouth or twist what you are saying, but imo you may be confusing owe with being thankful. 

Best of luck to the young lads anyway.

semantics. Sheffield Wednesday helped him get where he is today. If they’d not taken him on following his release, helped him through rehab from his knee injury and transformed him into a championship performer, he’d not be signing a 4yr contract with Celtic today. Play it down all you want, but he owes Wednesday a debt of gratitude for helping him get there.