Osaze Urhoghide joining Liam Shaw at Celtic FC

Guest wilyfox

Guest wilyfox
29 minutes ago, owls about that said:

Thought he was home sick and wanted to go back down south ?

how would any of us know if he’s homesick? Where is home; Wasn’t he born in Holland anyway?

7 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Disagree. He was on his arse released by AFC Wimbledon. We gave him a platform and made him into a championship player.

Agree. And if we were a well run club just struggling through Covid I’d be really disappointed. As it is though, we’re a total car crash and while it’s still disappoints, it feels wholly self inflicted.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Reminder to all those crying about how Pulis assistant has scouted our players for Celtic that Chansiri sacked him after just a few weeks at our club

Karma and all that

Sack a scout like that - youll get your players scouted for other clubs

Dont pay players and they’ll down tools and you’ll get relegated and it will cost you millions 

It really is THAT simple

Mess with peoples wages or their jobs they’ll mess with you back twice as hard 

Karma innit 

Every time this chairman picks a fight he messes it up, loses, and costs the club and our fans massively 

If It's so simple, How come you and Sal haven't taken us to the promised land. 

Yes we have had mistakes upon mistakes as we have both thrown Money at it followed by income streams drying up.

What others fail to accept is that Chansiri is here and here he stays by the looks of it, so we have two choices one of which is 'Get with the Programme'.    

Guest Therealrealist

These 2 will go the way of George..nice bank balance but career goin nowhere...that’s why they’ve took the money and ran..probly don’t back them self’s to be still doin the business in 4 years...let’s face it if you are good enough you will eventually earn big money..you don’t have to take the first offer thrown at yer

5 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

These 2 will go the way of George..nice bank balance but career goin nowhere...that’s why they’ve took the money and ran..probly don’t back them self’s to be still doin the business in 4 years...let’s face it if you are good enough you will eventually earn big money..you don’t have to take the first offer thrown at yer

I agree in that I don’t think we’ve lost any major talents, at the same time all three could have either featured heavily this season or brought in 7 figure fees. However we dress it up it’s dire business practices and amateurism on a grand scale.

• Like 2

Just now, Morepork said:

I agree in that I don’t think we’ve lost any major talents, at the same time all three could have either featured heavily this season or brought in 7 figure fees. However we dress it up it’s dire business practices and amateurism on a grand scale.

People don’t seem to grasp this point.

Don’t care what they go on to achieve. Fact remains we let two players who could have fetched us some cash leave for nowt. 

Terrible business 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Don’t care what they go on to achieve. Fact remains we let two players who could have fetched us some cash leave for nowt. 

Terrible business 

Nonsense yet again..if these two wer under contract there would have been zero interest from anybody

I feel exactly the same with Urhoghide as I did with Shaw - he didn’t give a Fvvck about us so I don’t give a Fvvck about him. I honestly won’t wish Urhoghide or Shaw well. I wouldn’t be so petty to attack them on their personal social diary but I do think “Fvvck them both”. 

11 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Disagree. He was on his arse released by AFC Wimbledon. We gave him a platform and made him into a championship player.

Then didn't pay him and his team mates consistently, sacked the manager who gave him his chance, employed a manager so unsuited to the club that also didn't use him and generally been a basket case club over the last few years.

He owes us nothing.

Anyone with a brain in their head is choosing Celtic over Sheffield Wednesday.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Terrible business 

Bad business may be time will tell.

But we will have some cash circa 500k for the pair.

6 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

On the flip side

Celtic sign two young unproven players neither who could hold down a first team spot. From a team relegated to the English 3rd division 

Lets see the players WE sign then and the situations they come from

Owlstalk Shop

Guest wilyfox
7 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Then didn't pay him and his team mates consistently, sacked the manager who gave him his chance, employed a manager so unsuited to the club that also didn't use him and generally been a basket case club over the last few years.

He owes us nothing.

Anyone with a brain in their head is choosing Celtic over Sheffield Wednesday.

We don’t know which ones were fully or part-paid. Was reported they were paid up to 7k per month depending. The young ones don’t earn near that much.

Ask Shaw and Urhoghide how much the club have helped them get where they are. I bet they’re more appreciative than you are.

No-one disputes choosing Celtic over Wednesday. Anyone with a brain that can read a thread can see that. 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Lets see the players WE sign then and the situations they come from

To be fair, as bad as Chansiri has done with his decision making on Shaw and Urogohide, which we can all criticise legitimately, the players we signed are like for like, possibly upgrades. 

Agbontohoma for Urogohide has similar attributes and good pedigree from Southampton's academy.

Adenirin (if he signs) for Shaw could argue is an upgrade, has 20+ games in the championship under his belt and again came from a Premier League academy.

Put in these terms £300-500k in the bank (should have been £2-3m) and like for like replacements on frees starts to recover the obvious and glaring errors made by Chansiri.

In the short term I don't think we're worse off, the squad still weak, aside form comparing these two particularly departures and replacements though. The question is whether we've learned about protecting assets or whether we'll let these two walk away for very little too.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, striker said:

To be fair, as bad as Chansiri has done with his decision making on Shaw and Urogohide, which we can all criticise legitimately, the players we signed are like for like, possibly upgrades.  

Time will tell - let's hope you're right mate

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop