Barnsley looking for a new manager

Just said in the other Barnsley thread I fully expect Darren Moore to be appointed their next manager 

I’ll be delighted if he doesn’t though 

Don't think Moore fits the style they want to play.

Ismael was picked as his side before Barnsley was the second most pressing team in Europe, I'd be surprised if they didn't go for someone in the same mould to keep a similar style of play

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Don't think Moore fits the style they want to play.

Ismael was picked as his side before Barnsley was the second most pressing team in Europe, I'd be surprised if they didn't go for someone in the same mould to keep a similar style of play

Barnsley have not been playing the Moore style which is open,  adventurous football giving  the opposition a chance, neglecting defensive organisation so as not to yield goals  and risking defenders’ blunders eg by playing it out from the back. . Managers and fans of other clubs love to see this kind of style for obvious reasons! Be interesting if Barnsley go back to wanting DM after Ismael’s high tempo high pressure style which has paid off for them by delivering improvement! 

• Like 2

Guest Hornsby
16 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Any particular Barnsley fan or just a random from Lundwood?

Daz d never leave with budget we give him.

Guest Therealrealist
4 hours ago, prowl said:

They do seem to have picked very good managers recently.

That’ll rule Moore out then

Just now, Therealrealist said:

That’ll rule Moore out then

I'm ok with Moore. I wouldn't judge him after coming in at that late stage with the mess DC had made of things. 

We will see what he's made of this season but I suspect his hands will be tied by the financial situation. To be honest I don't think anyone can manage us well while DC is in charge.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Wilder, Howe and Neil the early favourites in the betting. Would be shocked if any of them 3 went to Barnsley. 

Wouldn't put too much into the early favs. 

Suspect Barnsley will go foreign again. 

Same old problem for them though: they do well and then the bigger clubs come in a cherry pick the best bits.