Season ticket renewal shambles

....10 year season ticket or 15 year for bad behaviour, down at HMP Hillsborough, I've heard the warden is from the far east and he doesn't let anyone leave.....ever ! People have been known to be mowing the grass for years till they dropped dead without food.

• Haha 1

Renewed 5 season tickets on line in about 5 minutes 

I hammer the club for plenty but thought this process was simple and easy to do 

56 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

£1k for two car parking passes 😵

Not sure if this is the going rate for parking or if I'm out of touch having not had a car for 5+ years

It’s the going rate if you are 85 and need a spot bang opposite the ground due to limited walking ability.

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

anyone who purchased a 10 year/15 year season ticket took a risk , nobody has say in 10 years you will be still here or fit enough to go . if you paid it then stop moaning you will get it sorted

It’s not a risk though because there is a pro rate refund in such cases.

what I didn’t bank on was ticket office staff not being aware of them!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ian said:

Couldn’t figure out what was what on the web site so had a trip down to S6 earlier to sort things out for me, my son and my mum and dad.

Start with mine I said, should be the most straight forward.....asked for my ID number which I gave, confirmed my name and the conversation then went something like this

”did you have a season ticket last year”

”yes”

”are you sure”...as he looks blankly at the screen in front of him 

“yes, I’ve got a 15 year season ticket”

looks at me with disbelief.....”or a 10 year one depending on how you want to call it”

even bigger look of disbelief

”you do know about the 10/15 year season tickets don’t you 

“no, I think you need to speak to a manager”

get passed on to someone else serving who was very helpful and at least knew about the 15 year deal but couldn’t help because “all the multi year season ticket holders will get a call from a manager at some point to sort things out”

the other 3 were sorted without too much hassle although my request to move the ticket credits on my mum and dads accounts to shop credits was politely declined.

I then asked to spend somewhere between £500 and £1k renewing 2 x car park passes......person who does that is still on furlough so that money, with no cost for the club is still in my account.

oh, one last question.....”Bristol City tickets”

”you’ll have to ask the manager when he rings you”

At last, the one person who bought a 10 year season ticket is unmasked. 

14 hours ago, Ian said:

Couldn’t figure out what was what on the web site so had a trip down to S6 earlier to sort things out for me, my son and my mum and dad.

Start with mine I said, should be the most straight forward.....asked for my ID number which I gave, confirmed my name and the conversation then went something like this

”did you have a season ticket last year”

”yes”

”are you sure”...as he looks blankly at the screen in front of him 

“yes, I’ve got a 15 year season ticket”

looks at me with disbelief.....”or a 10 year one depending on how you want to call it”

even bigger look of disbelief

”you do know about the 10/15 year season tickets don’t you 

“no, I think you need to speak to a manager”

get passed on to someone else serving who was very helpful and at least knew about the 15 year deal but couldn’t help because “all the multi year season ticket holders will get a call from a manager at some point to sort things out”

the other 3 were sorted without too much hassle although my request to move the ticket credits on my mum and dads accounts to shop credits was politely declined.

I then asked to spend somewhere between £500 and £1k renewing 2 x car park passes......person who does that is still on furlough so that money, with no cost for the club is still in my account.

oh, one last question.....”Bristol City tickets”

”you’ll have to ask the manager when he rings you”

I went to the ticket office on Saturday, and after queuing for about 30 minutes, it took about 5 minutes to sort mine. Couldn't have been any smoother. 

No complaints from me. 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

South Stand is great!

Crap for watching football tho

.seats are miles from the pitch..more atmosphere on moon..concourse is ok..and if yer in grandstand you might as well not be at the match

7 hours ago, Bakewell Owl said:

I went down on Saturday, website says open at 9.00 am, got there at 8.50am, no mean feat from Bakewell after a Friday night drowning my England V's Jocks sorrows.

Sign on door says open at 10.00am, so Mrs Bakewell Owl suggests an hour of retail therapy in the retail park up Halifax Road.

One hour later having trashed TK Max and spent a mortgage on handbags I didn't know we needed I was back at the ground 23rd in the queue.

Spent the next 40 mins playing mind games with myself as to when I would reach one of the three people sorting tickets, compared to the person the same number from the front as me in the queue for the shop, queuing for the two people attending to the tills.'

I lost the slow motion race.

Eventually reach the nice lady who couldn't have tried to be more helpful.

However I reached a significant age during lockdown which meant the price changed, I had also decided that as I had spent the last three seasons moaning that I couldn't see the Lep, due to my eye sight failing that I would leave the rest of the family in their season tickets on the Kop and make the dreaded move to the South Stand. 

So a combination of moving my son into my old end of row seat on the Kop, moving me to the South and then a change in age category was a step too far.

But do you know, what the lady helping me (lets call her Kath) couldn't have been more helpful, explaining that the new ticketing system had its quirks and foibles, and that after doing the spade work a quick call on Monday morning and it's all sorted.

Good people doing a difficult job, at a difficult time with a new system and keeping calm should be commended.

the upshot - Mrs Bakewell Owl likes the new handbags, and I have ticket close enough to the Directors Box to be able to shout abuse at the board, I can see both goals and I can stick my earphones in and listen to old punk and pass into my dotage amongst the rest of the bewildered

get ready South Standers

Wonder if you got the empty seat next to me.

5 hours ago, PARKOWL said:

Renewed 5 season tickets on line in about 5 minutes 

I hammer the club for plenty but thought this process was simple and easy to do 

Can I ask how yours worked? Did they credit your account with the amount your paid for not only last years ticket but the remaining ones on your 5 year ticket then out of that you renewed your seat for next season with the remaining credit sitting in your account ??