Season ticket renewal shambles

Couldn’t figure out what was what on the web site so had a trip down to S6 earlier to sort things out for me, my son and my mum and dad.

Start with mine I said, should be the most straight forward.....asked for my ID number which I gave, confirmed my name and the conversation then went something like this

”did you have a season ticket last year”

”yes”

”are you sure”...as he looks blankly at the screen in front of him 

“yes, I’ve got a 15 year season ticket”

looks at me with disbelief.....”or a 10 year one depending on how you want to call it”

even bigger look of disbelief

”you do know about the 10/15 year season tickets don’t you 

“no, I think you need to speak to a manager”

get passed on to someone else serving who was very helpful and at least knew about the 15 year deal but couldn’t help because “all the multi year season ticket holders will get a call from a manager at some point to sort things out”

the other 3 were sorted without too much hassle although my request to move the ticket credits on my mum and dads accounts to shop credits was politely declined.

I then asked to spend somewhere between £500 and £1k renewing 2 x car park passes......person who does that is still on furlough so that money, with no cost for the club is still in my account.

oh, one last question.....”Bristol City tickets”

”you’ll have to ask the manager when he rings you”

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ian said:

Couldn’t figure out what was what on the web site so had a trip down to S6 earlier to sort things out for me, my son and my mum and dad.

Start with mine I said, should be the most straight forward.....asked for my ID number which I gave, confirmed my name and the conversation then went something like this

”did you have a season ticket last year”

”yes”

”are you sure”...as he looks blankly at the screen in front of him 

“yes, I’ve got a 15 year season ticket”

looks at me with disbelief.....”or a 10 year one depending on how you want to call it”

even bigger look of disbelief

”you do know about the 10/15 year season tickets don’t you 

“no, I think you need to speak to a manager”

get passed on to someone else serving who was very helpful and at least knew about the 15 year deal but couldn’t help because “all the multi year season ticket holders will get a call from a manager at some point to sort things out”

the other 3 were sorted without too much hassle although my request to move the ticket credits on my mum and dads accounts to shop credits was politely declined.

I then asked to spend somewhere between £500 and £1k renewing 2 x car park passes......person who does that is still on furlough so that money, with no cost for the club is still in my account.

oh, one last question.....”Bristol City tickets”

”you’ll have to ask the manager when he rings you”

To be fair the release statement for season tickets in respect of multi-year ticket holders does say:

Multi Year Season Ticket holders from 2021/22 onwards will have your ticket renewed by the Ticket Office and no further action is required. 

Turning down up to £1,000 for the car park passes just because someone is off isn't great though is it. I can't imagine it's that much of a technical job that would take too much to be trained up on if the one person capable of it has been furloughed.

As for the Bristol City tickets, beyond a joke how long that has taken.

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Half of the Rotherham Owls have one

That dosnt surprise me..great for the fan an absolute disaster for the club

I had to nip in the shop because my young'uns ticket had gone up to under 17 price so there was £75 difference to pay. 

I said take it of my credits or off the £150ish you owe me from the season before, he replied with "we can't do that at the moment but will be able to do so soon, so do you want pay the £75 now?" I just looked at him in disbelief and shook my head. Now I've got to wait for a phone call but I just could believe the club asked me for more money when they've owed me £150 for over a year and now they owe me another £100. 

This ticketing system been in place over a year now and it seems to me like it's absolute crap or the staff haven't been taught how to use it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drewswfc said:

I had to nip in the shop because my young'uns ticket had gone up to under 17 price so there was £75 difference to pay. 

I said take it of my credits or off the £150ish you owe me from the season before, he replied with "we can't do that at the moment but will be able to do so soon, so do you want pay the £75 now?" I just looked at him in disbelief and shook my head. Now I've got to wait for a phone call but I just could believe the club asked me for more money when they've owed me £150 for over a year and now they owe me another £100. 

This ticketing system been in place over a year now and it seems to me like it's absolute crap or the staff haven't been taught how to use it. 

Jesus, that's poor.

To ask for more money when they still owe you is really shoddy customer care.

Unfortunately, it'll be the frontline staff who end up dealing with people's frustrations at such treatment, which is really unfair.

• Like 3