6 prem clubs fined for SL involvement

1 hour ago, mildatheart67 said:

They have also agreed to support a rule change that if they try it again it's a 30 point deduction and an extra £25m fine.

Fine administrators if they can't see this as less than crushing sanctions

So...next time, they'll just leave then.

Right deterrent that.

Don’t really see the point of fining them

surely they are entitled to talk about forming a breakaway league if they want to.

how did the Premier League get formed?

p.s. I’d have let them go anyway. Good riddance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Norwich and Watford’s parachute payments are being redistributed amongst the premier league - I think just about covering these fines anyway.

The hypocrisy of the PL right there...

• Like 2

Guest T Hardy

I think I was one of the only fans on here who thought this was a good idea, purely from a selfish Wednesday perspective. I wanted them all to break away from the Premier League and never come back. We are never going to break into the top 6 in the Premier League as it is currently, it’s already another league within the Premier League. You have the very odd exception of Leicester (when they won it and the last two years), but they’ll be back in their place when Arsenal/Spurs get sorted and lose their best players.

Sky already created this division that we see now, so they can bugger off for me and Wednesday could have actually got promoted to a league that they’d realistically have a chance of been a real force in.

Let them take their greed and bugger off, I’d be quite happy for Wednesday to never play those teams again - they can go to their Super League that they’re never relegated from, and we can be a force in a competitive league.