Liam Palmer

22 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

This attitude is exactly the problem

Players like Palmer have been taking the ******** out of the club for years, shielded from the ire of the unthinking fan due to their academy connection.

Case in point is that you say he puts a shift in - he couldn’t be further from putting a shift in every time he plays.

Lazy, disinterested, ambitionless waster

I disagree on the whole, can see the argument that maybe he feels a bit 'safe' given his history with the club, but equally I don't want to support a team of absolute journeyman mercenaries worrying only about the paycheque if they don't get the results. We'd all love a team of boyhood Wednesdayites who are also somehow world class, but it's about finding a middle ground. I think LP is probably the best player we've produced from grassroots in 20 years, and THAT is the problem, not LP himself.

With respect, to argue he doesn't try or care is asinine IMO.

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

I disagree on the whole, can see the argument that maybe he feels a bit 'safe' given his history with the club, but equally I don't want to support a team of absolute journeyman mercenaries worrying only about the paycheque if they don't get the results. We'd all love a team of boyhood Wednesdayites who are also somehow world class, but it's about finding a middle ground. I think LP is probably the best player we've produced from grassroots in 20 years, and THAT is the problem, not LP himself.

With respect, to argue he doesn't try or care is asinine IMO.

Let me start by setting the bar at defenders who actually track back.

Oh look. He failed.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, timrud said:

He's been the worst player for us this season.

I said last summer, what we did with him was an indication of our ambition. He's played a lot and look where we are.

Really dont u think i brown marriot kachunga harris to name a few are worse

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Let me start by setting the bar at defenders who actually track back.

Oh look. He failed.

I'm not trying to change your mind, I'm obviously not going to. I think he does his best. He's limited but he's by no means a stand-out underperfomer. In fact he probably attracts more attention outside of SWFC for being decent in his role than most of our lot do. Appreciate that isn't saying much, but hey.

Edited by Mr. Tom

What sort of budget do we think we'll have for a right back next season?

Palmer is what he is. An average 2nd division full back. 

There's been far worse parties who have taken the p*ss out of Sheffield Wednesday in the last few years.

Many on double and triple his wage while barely pulling a boot on. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Flat Owl said:

He does it all the time as far back as the game away at Burnley in October when Bannan and Forestieri made the debuts.

He’s not quick enough and has massive lapses in concentration.

Completely agree.

But wasn’t Smith shouting at him or BB telling him to get back? 

That cross to Waghorn was picked out without any marking or challenge to block. He has never understood the importance of blocking crosses or preventing them. Who is coaching these players with their repeated similar blundering? Dunkley poor with the cross after it was fired in. Sky guys ?Harriis? Mentioned the poor defending . All three goals virtual gifts from us.

• Like 1

Any championship squad containing the likes of Palmer Paterson Pelupessy Harris Borner Kachunga is destined to fail. All extremely limited footballers bordering on poor. The proof of the pudding. Problem is were so toxic as a club that the next set of misfits we sign on frees might make that lot look half decent.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Why would you think that? Have you not seen him play for us in the last decade.

He did play a couple of decent games as right wingback recently, getting crosses in and everything, was hoping that Palmer would show up today, but yes he's cack.

7 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

He's good enough when he's good enough, and not when he's not. Same with half these players.

Consistency should be key in recruitment, but LP is the least of our worries.

He's getting in his national team, he's hardly the pub league player people argue when they're angrymad. There are a LOT of pub players in Scotland, of all places.

Puts a shift in, messes a few things up. Been here through good times and bad.

Gi' o'er looking for easy targets and let's stay focused on the real cause of the slow rot. That's what needs addressing. This team would do ok in L1, but it's not where we should be.

It’s scapegoat tombola time. And the winner is ….. Liam Palmer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, victorturner said:

Completely agree.

But wasn’t Smith shouting at him or BB telling him to get back? 

That cross to Waghorn was picked out without any marking or challenge to block. He has never understood the importance of blocking crosses or preventing them. Who is coaching these players with their repeated similar blundering? Dunkley poor with the cross after it was fired in. Sky guys ?Harriis? Mentioned the poor defending . All three goals virtual gifts from us.

A professional footballer who’s had professional coaching since 8 years old and has passed coaching badges has never understood the importance of blocking crosses, but you do

OK

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

It’s scapegoat tombola time. And the winner is ….. Liam Palmer. 

Aye, he's an average-decent player in a very average-decent side.

I don't get what sort of players people think we should have, somehow, by magic.

He does his bit, and does it mostly ok. Plus he actually give a poo. Shouldn't be a bonus but the reality is, it is.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Any championship squad containing the likes of Palmer Paterson Pelupessy Harris Borner Kachunga is destined to fail. All extremely limited footballers bordering on poor. The proof of the pudding. Problem is were so toxic as a club that the next set of misfits we sign on frees might make that lot look half decent.

Patterson, Kachunga, Harris are nigh on jokes to be honest. Staggering these donkeys have made very rich careers as professionals 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

I don't get what sort of players people think we should have, somehow, by magic.

He does his bit, and does it mostly ok. Plus he actually give a poo. Shouldn't be a bonus but the reality is, it is.

Fair and balanced assessment. Need more of that on here 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Jack Hunt wasn’t the best right back in the league but my God he always put a shift in and worked his b0ll0cks off to get back. Liam (a bit like Rhodes) plays at one pace, you’ll never see him at full pelt. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Go and watch the first goal

Tell me that’s a player doing his bit and giving a poo.

Now remmeber that’s not an isolated incident, it’s endemic within his attitude 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

What sort of budget do we think we'll have for a right back next season?

Palmer is what he is. An average 2nd division full back. 

There's been far worse parties who have taken the p*ss out of Sheffield Wednesday in the last few years.

Many on double and triple his wage while barely pulling a boot on. 

Not for 10 years though........ Wednesday have been far better far Liam Palmer than he has for Wednesday...... Absolutely stolen a living!

Edited by casbahowl
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Not for 10 years though........ Wednesday have been far better far Liam Palmer than he has for Wednesday...... Absolutely stolen a living!

And probably still taken less out of the club than Almen Abdi. 

I agree he's not brilliant. 

• Like 1