Liam Palmer

I’m screaming at the screen... where’s the right back, where’s Palmer. Had to watch the replay to see how far back he was. 

Their third was similar, not Liam this time but pretty much everyone. We fail from our own possession, 2/3 passes later they’ve carved us open with almost every player caught upfield and out of position. 

Just now, Philb125 said:

I’m screaming at the screen... where’s the right back, where’s Palmer. Had to watch the replay to see how far back he was. 

Their third was similar, not Liam this time but pretty much everyone. We fail from our own possession, 2/3 passes later they’ve carved us open with almost every player caught upfield and out of position. 

It was shocking how far the camera had to pan out for you to see him, and there his is being overtaken on the halfway line by the LB of Derby

And don’t get me started on Pelupessy’ brainfart of a decision to close the player on the ball doing no damage instead of covering Palmer

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Part of the problem but for me Joey , reach , Harris all ahead of him for shocking performances 

Agree on overall performance but this moment was a microcosm of Liam Palmer’s career

Pelupessy in particular was awful today. Awful

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He does it all the time as far back as the game away at Burnley in October when Bannan and Forestieri made the debuts.

He’s not quick enough and has massive lapses in concentration.

• Love 1

Guest timrud

He's been the worst player for us this season.

I said last summer, what we did with him was an indication of our ambition. He's played a lot and look where we are.

2 minutes ago, timrud said:

He's been the worst player for us this season.

I said last summer, what we did with him was an indication of our ambition. He's played a lot and look where we are.

I think I posted about 3 years ago that if Liam Palmer makes more than 20 starts in a season you’re in trouble.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He's good enough when he's good enough, and not when he's not. Same with half these players.

Consistency should be key in recruitment, but LP is the least of our worries.

He's getting in his national team, he's hardly the pub league player people argue when they're angrymad. There are a LOT of pub players in Scotland, of all places.

Puts a shift in, messes a few things up. Been here through good times and bad.

Gi' o'er looking for easy targets and let's stay focused on the real cause of the slow rot. That's what needs addressing. This team would do ok in L1, but it's not where we should be.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

People like Palmer know they’ve got it sorted here at this club regardless 

He’s ‘part of the family’, got his own training academy etc 

he can put in half arsed performances with no repercussions 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Agree on overall performance but this moment was a microcosm of Liam Palmer’s career

Pelupessy in particular was awful today. Awful

Let’s hope that’s the last we see of both players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

He's good enough when he's good enough, and not when he's not. Same with half these players.

Consistency should be key in recruitment, but LP is the least of our worries.

He's getting in his national team, he's hardly the pub league player people argue when they're angrymad. There are a LOT of pub players in Scotland, of all places.

Puts a shift in, messes a few things up. Been here through good times and bad.

Gi' o'er looking for easy targets and let's stay focused on the real cause of the slow rot. That's what needs addressing. This team would do ok in L1, but it's not where we should be.

This attitude is exactly the problem

Players like Palmer have been taking the ******** out of the club for years, shielded from the ire of the unthinking fan due to their academy connection.

Case in point is that you say he puts a shift in - he couldn’t be further from putting a shift in every time he plays.

Lazy, disinterested, ambitionless waster

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I did exactly the same. Goes through the motions every single game. 

• Like 5

Sadly, Mr Palmer has always had this appalling aspect to his game...positionally I don’t think he gets it! Lost count of the times he is out of the game on the halfway line wandering back slow as you like to watch the ball hit the back of our net. 
It’s a problem with this whole sorry bunch, there are no thinkers on the pitch to rescue situations. When Loovens was there he would work out the oppositions plan and make sure it was countered, but we don’t have anyone anywhere near as tactically aware on the field. Shocking really.

9 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

He was shocking today, I thought he be the one we could rely on to bust a gut, not closing down for their first goal was criminal.

Why would you think that? Have you not seen him play for us in the last decade.

• Like 1