Barry Bannan

5 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Neil I will put down £1mil now for you to pleasure me until completion.

But I don't want you. 

(2 mins of service required)

You've still got 1 min 40 seconds left over...

£1-2m we have to sell. Bigger financial issues demand it - always thought he signed as a favour in the event of being relegated. BB does not belong in league 1 - imagine the squad we will have and him trying to ping it all over to someone who is not on the same wavelength. Not going to happen.

8 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

It was hardly a sign of them wanting him when they put £1m down, are you on glue?

You think if they wanted him so bad they would just offer 1m on the last day and then just leave it at that? especially since they just got 20odd million or whatever for Watkins? 

They arent a club that messes around with transfers, look at what they are prepared to pay for players like Toney. 

I feel BB's time at Hillsborough is over, and he and the club probably knew that in January when he signed the new contract.

Fair play to him that he has probably sacrificed some sign on fee for the club getting a transfer fee. 

He's been a great player for us and will be remembered for a long time, when lessor players have faded.

We now need to move on and for that i wish him all the best.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

You think if they wanted him so bad they would just offer 1m on the last day and then just leave it at that? especially since they just got 20odd million or whatever for Watkins? 

They arent a club that messes around with transfers, look at what they are prepared to pay for players like Toney. 

How do you know how much they may have offered?

He is the Chansiris favourite player , they don’t sell family 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike Hunt said:

How do you know how much they may have offered?

He is the Chansiris favourite player , they don’t sell family 

Was pretty widely reported. May have been 1.5 at the most I cant remember. It wasnt a lot though.

5 minutes ago, 83owl said:

I don't think they wanted him 'so bad' at all, your words. They did however table a monetary bid with him out of contract in the summer.

If a very good play off team were willing to pay £1m in Jan, then he'd have had numerous offers when out of contract, possibly at sides lower down in the league, still makes his decision worthy of bringing up. 

1 minute ago, nile said:

Plays far to deep, his eye for a pass needs maximising upfield

Yes he needs to be a little smarter and not get attracted to his own centre backs as much, he needs to go the other way and give them space to operate in.

He is tidy with the ball but needs to make allowances for those less so, just as they have to accept he is no good as defensive cover and can't win headers like they can.

Moore or whoever needs to work out a more shared way of playing and it could even end up with BB becoming more creative and more involved with the goals.

It is much harder to play in and around the oppositions box but he has to be encouraged up there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, should know better said:

Yes he needs to be a little smarter and not get attracted to his own centre backs as much

he wouldn't have to do that if he had a defensive midfielder like Luongo who could pass the ball...as it is there is no one in the back four or midfield who can do that.

• Like 2

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

he wouldn't have to do that if he had a defensive midfielder like Luongo who could pass the ball...as it is there is no one in the back four or midfield who can do that.

Luongo has only looked in a couple of games and looks like a poor mans Hutchinson but more injury prone and more likely to be sent off.

However BB was still dropping deep when he played just like in recent games playing in and around the left back area.

Would the overlapping centre backs at SUFC been as good as they are if Norwood came to take the ball off them every time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nile said:

Plays far to deep, his eye for a pass needs maximising upfield

I agree with this

Our best player without doubt

So much ability but just does influence or stamp his authority on games enough from so deep

He should be much further forward looking for that killer pass

11 minutes ago, should know better said:

Luongo has only looked in a couple of games and looks like a poor mans Hutchinson but more injury prone and more likely to be sent off.

However BB was still dropping deep when he played just like in recent games playing in and around the left back area.

Would the overlapping centre backs at SUFC been as good as they are if Norwood came to take the ball off them every time.

Wow