Barry Bannan

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Only our fans (not many, just the usual suspects) would demand that we should get rid of our best player because he's not good enough.

You'd think the best thing to do would be to improve the ineptness around him so that he is not our best player but no, clearly removing the best player is the way forward! 

Edited by Guest

19 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I would just like him to dominate and control midfield but unfortunately he isn't capable of doing so. He is a limited player on a vast salary that he doesn't justify. Funny how other teams have managed to recruit better players than Bannan during his time with us.

Thick as mince 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You'd think the best thing to do would be to improve the ineptness around him so that he is not our best player but no, clearly removing the best player is the way forward! 

Well you'd think so wouldn't you

lol

1 minute ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Enjoy his pirouettes in league one next season

What will you be doing?

8 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Just think of the excitement you will have watching Bannan strut his stuff in err league one.

At least I'll be there mate not emptying the drinks cabinet as you appear to do every game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Why did he sign that contract and move up here now of all times, baffling.

It could be he is comfortable here and knows he is a guaranteed starter and can more or less choose where he plays.

I don't fancy him as a left back or centre back pinging long balls though.

I really like bannan, but I do get some of the criticism.... for me he makes us a one man team and he isn't good enough to carry a full team.  Not many are. There are only a few examples where players manage it and they are top end, messi, suarez, kane etc. 

Everything goes through him  we look lost without hi.lm. He needs better players to feed off and 'bigger players so he doesn't feel the need to do it all  (although he clearly has an ego to fuel).

I dunno, I think we might need to go backwards by letting him go to go forwards as a team and a squad...I.e we're all a bit poo but trying as opposed to blimey isn't barry good....

1 minute ago, should know better said:

It could be he is comfortable here and knows he is a guaranteed starter and can more or less choose where he plays.

I don't fancy him as a left back or centre back pinging long balls though.

Brentford wanted him early into the season, he could easily found a Championship club. 

It would have made more sense if he already lived in the area, but he didn't until around the contract signing. All very odd. I am pleased he signed it though.