Club up for sale?

Guest Therealrealist

35 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Chansiri probably thinks:

"This lot had had no money put into it for 15 years before I came."

"I'd no choice but gamble, and but for Hooper I nearly did it."

"I made mistakes, but you've got to be in there pitching to make them."

"I've put my money where my mouth is and I ain't walking away empty-handed."

That might have washed up until the Summer of 2017 - what about the last 3 1/2 years?

He's taken us into L1 through sheer incompetence.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I guess what I’m trying to say is the club isn’t worth anything because revenue streams aren’t there and won’t be for a long while even with someone who is very competent. 

hence me saying back then and even more so now it would be very hard to find a new owner if it ever came to it. 

only a madman would see us as a viable option, unless Ofc we go into admin but then we have the ground issue, which again is going to cause big issues for any suitors. 

I agree with you the club is a complete basket case from an income and overall financial perspective

14 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

These factors would be taken into account when a bid is submitted....so an even lower valuation.... which will never be accepted, so we are stuck with DC

As I’ve said in an earlier post if I was looking to buy SWFC I would not want to negotiate with the current owner who quite evidently grossly over-values the business/club.

Chansiri has some big bills to pay in the near future and if he has no current income from next season’s ticket sales etc he will yet again have to dig deep to come up with the money to settle the bills. 
That’s when any potential buyer will strike when Chansiri is vulnerable due to a continual mount up of debts and the prospect of Administration.

Guest Mcguigan
3 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

As I’ve said in an earlier post if I was looking to buy SWFC I would not want to negotiate with the current owner who quite evidently grossly over-values the business/club.

Chansiri has some big bills to pay in the near future and if he has no current income from next season’s ticket sales etc he will yet again have to dig deep to come up with the money to settle the bills. 
That’s when any potential buyer will strike when Chansiri is vulnerable due to a continual mount up of debts and the prospect of Administration.

And be left with the same big bills to pay and, as you say, no income to help. Sounds very enticing to any prospective new owner.

16 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Chansiri probably thinks:

"This lot had had no money put into it for 15 years before I came."

"I'd no choice but gamble, and but for Hooper I nearly did it."

"I made mistakes, but you've got to be in there pitching to make them."

"I've put my money where my mouth is and I ain't walking away empty-handed."

Walking away empty handed is what he risked when he decided to treat SWFC like a fruit-machine not a business. He’s put his money in the slot, spun the wheel and lost.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

And be left with the same big bills to pay and, as you say, no income to help. Sounds very enticing to any prospective new owner.

The players that have been draining the club for years will be gone and if Chansiri is also ‘gone’ thousands of fans will be back to Hillsborough buying well priced merchandise and season tickets, beer and pies all adding extra turnover and profit.

’If you build it they will come’

Guest Mcguigan
6 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

The players that have been draining the club for years will be gone and if Chansiri is also ‘gone’ thousands of fans will be back to Hillsborough buying well priced merchandise and season tickets, beer and pies all adding extra turnover and profit.

’If you build it they will come’

Really, they didn't before DC came in.

What will change?

2 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Really, they didn't before DC came in.

What will change?

I know where you’re coming from but for once try to lose the negativity and try and be a bit positive. Ask yourself the question - Why do I go and there’s your answer. More fans will return when they are not been ‘fleeced’ at the turnstiles, when the blue and white side of the city want to be part of the ‘fight back’

Come on Mcguigan try for once to look on the bright side - all this negativity has Chansiri written all over it. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

I guess what I’m trying to say is the club isn’t worth anything because revenue streams aren’t there and won’t be for a long while even with someone who is very competent. 

hence me saying back then and even more so now it would be very hard to find a new owner if it ever came to it. 

only a madman would see us as a viable option, unless Ofc we go into admin but then we have the ground issue, which again is going to cause big issues for any suitors. 

People don't buy clubs based on current revenue stream when they are outside the premier league though. It's peanuts in comparison. We'll never appeal to the treading water type investor either, our only appeal is where we could potentially end up. 

Even from league one, we are one of very few clubs worth the gamble of making it to the premier league, much like Sunderland, Forest, Derby and any other club who would get attendances of 35k+ in the top division with a decent catchment area for fans. The money available in the top division, coupled with commercial opportunities is so vast that it appeals to many people's ego. 

Chansiri was never rich enough to make up for his flaws in business though, nor was he smart enough. 

Guest Mcguigan
25 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

I know where you’re coming from but for once try to lose the negativity and try and be a bit positive. Ask yourself the question - Why do I go and there’s your answer. More fans will return when they are not been ‘fleeced’ at the turnstiles, when the blue and white side of the city want to be part of the ‘fight back’

Come on Mcguigan try for once to look on the bright side - all this negativity has Chansiri written all over it. 

Maybe I just start posting replies with inaccuracies then eh. A dose of realism needed rather than blue and white tinted specs.

You stick to your positivity mate.

1 hour ago, 0742 said:

People don't buy clubs based on current revenue stream when they are outside the premier league though. It's peanuts in comparison. We'll never appeal to the treading water type investor either, our only appeal is where we could potentially end up. 

Even from league one, we are one of very few clubs worth the gamble of making it to the premier league, much like Sunderland, Forest, Derby and any other club who would get attendances of 35k+ in the top division with a decent catchment area for fans. The money available in the top division, coupled with commercial opportunities is so vast that it appeals to many people's ego. 

Chansiri was never rich enough to make up for his flaws in business though, nor was he smart enough. 

That probably rules us out then.  I might be wrong, but can’t really recall our average attendances ever being that high.  Not easy to attract that many people regularly in a two club city with no history of success to speak of.

From a story in the times about One Hyde Park....if you had this money to spend, what football club would you buy..!

I think I’d rather go with the Rolex watches and hand them out on the Kop with the programme man

72C739DB-BFD2-49F5-B9C0-7C9C324C0951.jpeg

Edited by onslow
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

Not to mention paying back this season's season ticket money as well.

Those back to the premier league tickets are looking like good value now. It like a lifetime season ticket for £5,000.😁😁😁😁

7 minutes ago, onslow said:

From a story in the times about One Hyde Park....if you had this money to spend, what football club would you buy..!

I think I’d rather go with the Rolex watches and hand them out on the Kop with the programme man

72C739DB-BFD2-49F5-B9C0-7C9C324C0951.jpeg

Give it one full season with the pound land Prince in the championship and you will be about to buy 25 Sheffield United.

he has destroyed and asset stripped every club he has owed. Wait for this close season anyone with a value will be gone.