Club up for sale?

Guest Therealrealist

8 hours ago, offalyowl said:

If that true then why didn't he sell to Eric Alonso when the offer was there before he bought derby 

Theres no smoke without fire, Alonso he may have let it known he's willing to sell and he has mentioned it in the past along with rumours of looking for extra investors. My take on it is that they made him an offer far below his no doubt unrealistic valuation of a club heading into the third tier of football. 

• Like 1

I’m not sure chansiri could give this club away for free at minute 

when he bought us the club was on the way up

now- transfer embargo’s huge crippling debts, most of the squad both senior and youth are out of contract we’ve sold the stadium, and we’re heading towards league one 

if he bought us for 30 million 

we must be worth  minus 30 million now

• Like 3

“Many people have wanted to buy the club and I have said no to substantial bids in the past.

"When I came to our club, I had to choose between normal business or have the ambition to push for success as it was difficult to do both.

We were outside of the Premier League for 15 years, I wanted to fulfil the fans’ dreams and I knew if this did not succeed I would never get my money back. I still have that dream.

"Even if we got to the Premier League, it would take a few years just to break even.

"I have always tried to do my best and I will continue to give my all every day, week and year that I am chairman and owner. Sheffield Wednesday is in my blood and Hillsborough is like my second home.

I want there to be a strong foundation for when I hand over to my son.”

Get them back on the blower Dejphon

Just now, Geedee said:

The only way I think he could attract a buyer is with a bargain price.

I dont think he can afford to accept a bargain price.

But he must realise he will just carry in losing money, there comes a point where you have to cut your losses. (At least I hope that’s the case).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spookone said:

But he must realise he will just carry in losing money, there comes a point where you have to cut your losses. (At least I hope that’s the case).

My imo is once most of the big earners have gone this summer, we should be able to operate in the 3rd div with a more sustainable loss per year.

I think the owners 'hope' will be that we  then get promoted and then increase in value. 

I sincerely hope it's true, but don't see it. 

He turned down £30m, in L1 it's worth a fraction of that. The only way he's getting near to that valuation is following promotion back to the championship and significant investment on the pitch to develop some asset value in the playing squad. 

As of the end of the season there aren't enough contracted players to put out a team, the stadium doesn't belong to the club  (irrespective has been neglected) and the brand value is in the toilet.

There is a lot of work and expense for any new owner to put the club back in the same position it was when mandaric left. 

2 minutes ago, striker said:

There is a lot of work and expense for any new owner to put the club back in the same position it was when mandaric left. 

That right there is the most damning indictment of Chansiri's tenure, isn't it?

Hundreds of millions spent, and we're going to need major surgery and investment just to get us back to where we were when he started.

The really scary part is that I don't think he has it in him to pull it off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

That right there is the most damning indictment of Chansiri's tenure, isn't it?

Hundreds of millions spent, and we're going to need major surgery and investment just to get us back to where we were when he started.

The really scary part is that I don't think he has it in him to pull it off.

It is, the only winners are the select few clubs we bought from, the dogshit players riding the gravy train and of course the agent lurking the in the background who recommended them. 

Good luck getting anything north of 15 million under current circumstances. We dont own the ground, under contract players maybe worth 5-6 mil in potential transfers ( Iorfa / Windass maybe ), theres Middlewood Rd, we are going to be in L1 with a full squad rebuild required, no guarantee of future income ( due to covid ), liabilities such as player contracts and season ticket monies.

Basically the club is a mangled pile of wreckage and no doubt that Chancer will be wanting top dollar. There is going to be one huge queue of buyers wanting to buy off him clearly.

• Like 1

I had a really strange dream last night that fans were invited to Hillsborough for a major announcement. 35k turned up and DC got arrested and a new American consortium were announced as owners. They said they were the richest owners of any sports club in the world however they weren’t necessarily willing to invest any money and wanted to run the club on a break even. 

Then I wake up to this haha.

8 hours ago, shandypants said:

What we need to consider is that the debt will most likely be against the club not Chansiri himself, so the debt could be transferred along with the club in any sale. 

I didn't realise we had a debt...  who do we owe money too.?

I find it more than a bit coincidental that he had Alonso in and around the place for so long. Who knows what his role actually was (was hit to help broker a deal and transition between ownership?) but I find it a bit hard to believe he was just here as a commercial adviser.

There could be all sorts of reasons why he rejected the Alonso “offer”, it may not purely be down to the amount not being high enough. 

With the way the club has been run this season, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he’s looking for an out, particularly now we’re down. While ever we are in the Championship, there is always a (slight!) chance you’ll get lucky and go up. Now we’re about to rejoin L1, so much extra work and resource is required, and his actions this year don’t  look like a man willing or able to do so (that January transfer window being proof).  His best bet now might be to sell up with a deferred payment if we reach the Prem? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Good luck getting anything north of 15 million under current circumstances. We dont own the ground, under contract players maybe worth 5-6 mil in potential transfers ( Iorfa / Windass maybe ), theres Middlewood Rd, we are going to be in L1 with a full squad rebuild required, no guarantee of future income ( due to covid ), liabilities such as player contracts and season ticket monies.

Basically the club is a mangled pile of wreckage and no doubt that Chancer will be wanting top dollar. There is going to be one huge queue of buyers wanting to buy off him clearly.

Think that's optimistic, most under contract players are in their last year, next season, which dilutes potential value?