Club up for sale?

Guest Therealrealist

Guest wilyfox
3 hours ago, Jim said:

That were back in February when he probably thought Norwich were still catchable?

Seriously though I’d be amazed if DC is still our owner in August, more chance of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman in charge?

No idea how it’ll pan out. Something's gotta give though. It’ll be toxic when fans return next season unless DC mends his ways or sells up.

I would not assume he’d sell though. He’s uber stubborn, and a bad time to sell following relegation. Plus, if he’s been running the club from cash flow and profit from other businesses - which he implied during wage issue - his own personal wealth may not have taken as big a hit as people think. 

10 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

American Golf reopened on Monday and I can therefore confirm this story.

excellent lol

very Underrated post in my comedic opinion

Guest whowantstoberich
2 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

Anyone that does proper due diligence on us would run a mile from a sale.

3 months later 

“I could have sold us for £500million if it wasn’t for idiotic online comments“

Guest whowantstoberich

A very wise move if true because next season on match days at hillsborough it will be made clear what the fans think and want. I don’t think he will like it 

32 minutes ago, blueandwhitematt said:

I find it more than a bit coincidental that he had Alonso in and around the place for so long. Who knows what his role actually was (was hit to help broker a deal and transition between ownership?) but I find it a bit hard to believe he was just here as a commercial adviser.

There could be all sorts of reasons why he rejected the Alonso “offer”, it may not purely be down to the amount not being high enough. 

With the way the club has been run this season, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he’s looking for an out, particularly now we’re down. While ever we are in the Championship, there is always a (slight!) chance you’ll get lucky and go up. Now we’re about to rejoin L1, so much extra work and resource is required, and his actions this year don’t  look like a man willing or able to do so (that January transfer window being proof).  His best bet now might be to sell up with a deferred payment if we reach the Prem? 

I totally agree with your posting but if I was a potential buyer I would just be calm and patient right now and see what position Chansiri is in when he has to meet the repayments on the ground purchase. With running costs still mounting up despite the prospect of getting some additional ‘big earners’ off the books in a couple of months the overall debt must be getting bigger and bigger with no ‘real’ additional income from 2021/2022 season ticket sales. With the prospect of winding up orders from creditors owed millions (tax and vat man) and additional pressure from his family who must be screaming for him to cut his losses and sell then that is the time a potential buyer knocks on the door at S6.
By September/October it might just be the Administrator that answers the door and not DC. 
Time will tell 

• Like 2

Guest whowantstoberich
9 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Do you think that he will bother to show up?

No but I still don’t think he will like the embarrassment of a packed hillsborough wanting him to leave 

11 hours ago, offalyowl said:

Isnt 30 million what he bought our club for and let's call a spade a spade here, we are in worse condition than he bought us then 

If not true enough now, it certainly will be come the end of  the season, but we fo have a relaid pitch and a new large scoreboard and lest I forget new advertising hoardings lol

Sod it. I’m in. I’ve got £150 that I’ve save up from giving up drink since Christmas so I just need about half a million people to stick in the same and we’ve got ourselves a bid!

I’ve got no experience of running a club but I can guarantee Blue and White Stripes and Yellow away kit!

Who’s with me?!?

Oh. Thats a disappointment....

• Like 1

The stubborn *&^%er will want to make some of decent clawback on what he has outlaid on us, how long that will take who knows. Sooner the better in my opinion. 

Can someone please clarify how he came across us? Cheers WAWAW

If he genuinely wants to sell something must have triggered the decision, which up to now hasn't been the case.

Clearly pending L1 status and reduction in revenue, and further annual debt management is probably the reason, but of course this means the club valuation reduces accordingly. His daft statements on his valuation two years' ago, means most of us would think this is just another nonsense story, because he wont get anything over £30m.

However, time is coming where his options have pretty much been used - ground sale; loans etc., and he surely can't keep funding the debt with no RoI on the horizon - where's the money coming from? The original business plan of PL in 3-5 years and then sell, has crashed and burned.

I think time has come for DC to twist and re-build and invest further or fold and bail out at a (significant) loss.

• Like 1

I had a dream recently, that we got new owners and they gave us our old basic owl badge back and an Umbro kit...it was great.

However, I also dreamt the other day that I had a seagull as a best friend, and I was devastated when he shat all over my new car, so I made him clean it off with his beak.

• Haha 4