Bannan’s thoughts on Wildsmith save

I'm not sure we will lose him, someone (Chansiri?) would have to judge if they believe letting him go will outweigh the benefits of keeping him. He is under contract.

It might be the case that he knows he is guaranteed a place here and would occupy the bench elsewhere so if he is financial secure and happy he may stay.

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

Why was he having to do it?

Was it cos Bazza was in no mans land again chasing around like an under 7?

Yes correct Bannan must mark everyone, just like last week when you blamed him for two goals , 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Yes correct Bannan must mark everyone, just like last week when you blamed him for two goals , 

Especially not winning the header on the edge of the 6 yard box with no defenders in sight

lol

25 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You pointed out he didn't perform as highlighting his lack of ability at this level and reasons for us failing, without giving reference to how anyone else performed. 

Ignoring the fact he contributed to a team finishing in the top 6 and the fact he set up our only goal of the tie that should have taken us to Wembley again. 

I'll leave you to it. I look forward to seeing how we will perform without him, should be great! 

I said he didn't perform along with others.

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I said he didn't perform along with others.

At Wembley yes, against Huddersfield you singled him out.

44 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

It didn't though. He didn't perform along with others at Wembley. He didn't create anything away at Huddersfield and offered little at home.

When we had a good squad he was still a key player. Now we have a poor squad he has still been top 10 in assists the last two season but needs better players around him. 

Brown was supposed to step up, had decent per minute stats at Luton, he has offered nothing but is on a similar wage. I don't see him getting as much stick from you. 

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

No the table doesn't lie but your thoughts about his set pieces do.

Currently 14th in the division for set piece goals so can't be as bad as you are making out, especially when we have less attacking set pieces than many in the division.

I agree there are probably better players on less money elsewhere and I agree about his lack of goals. Our terrible recruitment means we aren't likely to source these players. 

There are also certainly far worse players, plenty in our squad. He is a play maker who needs other good players around him, he isn't the type of player to dominate midfield, if you expect that of him you aren't looking at his qualities. With the right players around him he is an asset. He certainly more than held his own when we finished top 6 twice at this level, he was a key part of that. 

Last season he created plenty of goals when he had Fletcher to play off.

Even this season he has been involved in many of our goals, he won't get the assist today but his corner created the chance. Do you seriously think we would create more if he wasn't picked?   

Since when has 14th in a table of 24 been something to shout about. What it says is that we are worse than average......and you are using that to say Bannan isnt poo at set pieces?

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist
8 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I think we're going to get stuck with his wages in the 3rd division.

He's a good player but he's not worth that in the championship imo.

I hope someone takes him off our hands.

Nobody could afford his wages

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

Since when has 14th in a table of 24 been something to shout about. What it says is that we are worse than average......and you are using that to say Bannan isnt poo at set pieces?

In terms of overall, we are currently 23rd. If we were 14th at everything this season I would be delighted! 

56 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

In terms of overall, we are currently 23rd. If we were 14th at everything this season I would be delighted! 

We finished 16th last season which isnt far off 14th yet everyone was kicking off.

19 minutes ago, 83owl said:

We finished 16th last season which isnt far off 14th yet everyone was kicking off.

Understandably given after half of the games we were third yet in the second half of the season we had the 23rd best record with 17 points from 23 games - which we have carried into this season.

If you'd have offered us 14th place this season when we started the season on -12 points and our transfer activity amounted to a Man City kid who had barely played professional football, a bloke who hadn't recovered from a double leg break and an ex Huddersfield winger who was signed as a 'striker' having not played the role for about 4 years then I think many would have snapped your hands off! 

1 minute ago, thommowl said:

The 2nd most over rated player in the last 20 year just beaten by Fessi

The fact you're one of the people that say 'Fessi' removes your right for any opinion on the matter. 

I did enjoy the fact you said 'year' though, singular to denote Yorkshire accent though. 

What seems weird with Bannan is the fact he's only just moved up to Sheffield. Why now of all times? Why was he so keen to sign the deal? Very odd. 

He's easily our best player and while he does has his off days he's a brilliant player and has been great for Wednesday. But something seems odd with the recent events.

• Haha 1