Bannan’s thoughts on Wildsmith save

1 minute ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I don't rate him. That's my opinion and games like today show why. He rarely scores (even if it's a penalty). His set pieces are poor (even from 12 yards). He is often caught out of position. Offers little when we are out of possession and there are far better players who would be on less money out there. You obviously like him and that's your opinion but the league table doesn't lie and he plays in the key position in a team.

No the table doesn't lie but your thoughts about his set pieces do.

Currently 14th in the division for set piece goals so can't be as bad as you are making out, especially when we have less attacking set pieces than many in the division.

I agree there are probably better players on less money elsewhere and I agree about his lack of goals. Our terrible recruitment means we aren't likely to source these players. 

There are also certainly far worse players, plenty in our squad. He is a play maker who needs other good players around him, he isn't the type of player to dominate midfield, if you expect that of him you aren't looking at his qualities. With the right players around him he is an asset. He certainly more than held his own when we finished top 6 twice at this level, he was a key part of that. 

Last season he created plenty of goals when he had Fletcher to play off.

Even this season he has been involved in many of our goals, he won't get the assist today but his corner created the chance. Do you seriously think we would create more if he wasn't picked?   

9 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

How does anyone expect Bannan to score the penalty when he’s surrounded by dross.

He's here, surprised you weren't celebrating this earlier.

You do know Rhodes, the striker you keep banging on about, has also missed penalties for us, when he was feeling OK enough to take them. 

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

No the table doesn't lie but your thoughts about his set pieces do.

Currently 14th in the division for set piece goals so can't be as bad as you are making out, especially when we have less attacking set pieces than many in the division.

I agree there are probably better players on less money elsewhere and I agree about his lack of goals. Our terrible recruitment means we aren't likely to source these players. 

There are also certainly far worse players, plenty in our squad. He is a play maker who needs other good players around him, he isn't the type of player to dominate midfield, if you expect that of him you aren't looking at his qualities. With the right players around him he is an asset. He certainly more than held his own when we finished top 6 twice at this level, he was a key part of that. 

Last season he created plenty of goals when he had Fletcher to play off.

Even this season he has been involved in many of our goals, he won't get the assist today but his corner created the chance. Do you seriously think we would create more if he wasn't picked?   

We could be higher if he had scored that penalty.

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He's here, surprised you weren't celebrating this earlier.

You do know Rhodes, the striker you keep banging on about, has also missed penalties for us, when he was feeling OK enough to take them. 

You are wrong again.

4 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

We could be higher if he had scored that penalty.

You are like a parody account.

Wednesday fan with 90% of your posts just a dig at Bannan. 

Just now, Ronnie Starling said:

Fair enough. You keep accepting mediocrity, I'd just like to see more from his position.

I'd like to see more from every player, he has at least contributed yet is the one you single out every time. 

2 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Penalties is plural. 

Fair enough, suppose it is difficult to miss when you decide not to step up.