Bannan’s thoughts on Wildsmith save

7 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Guarantee it wouldnt have been described like that if one of them was between the sticks.

But one of them is injured and the other is not good enough to oust an ageing Westwood. At least we have their attributes to look forward to watching again next season. 

1 hour ago, Owls2k said:

What seems weird with Bannan is the fact he's only just moved up to Sheffield. Why now of all times? Why was he so keen to sign the deal? Very odd. 

He's easily our best player and while he does has his off days he's a brilliant player and has been great for Wednesday. But something seems odd with the recent events.

Seen as you've said he's brilliant definitely removes your opinion on the matter, I don't know anyone who thinks he's brilliant or ever thought he's been brilliant. In fact he's never been brilliant in a single game. Oh and he does has his off days does he. 

3 minutes ago, thommowl said:

Seen as you've said he's brilliant definitely removes your opinion on the matter, I don't know anyone who thinks he's brilliant or ever thought he's been brilliant. In fact he's never been brilliant in a single game. Oh and he does has his off days does he. 

You're beyond help. Alt + F4 chief.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thommowl said:

Take it you did not watch the Cardiff game ? 

6 minutes ago, thommowl said:

yes mate still gave the ball away numerous times, was good but definitely not brilliant 

You need to re visit the game 

and the MoM thread for the game most voters gave him a 9 or 10 out of 10 , one even said he was 15 out of ten .

That was in a run of 3 consecutive MoM awards .

12 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We were beaten by the better side at Wembley  but if you want to put it all on Bannan that again highlights where you are coming from.

Against Huddersfield away we employed tactics to get a 0-0 - that was patently obvious. At home he set up the goal that gave us the lead in the tie which was taking us through with 20 minutes to go.

We finished 6th and 4th with him as a key player and you choose to highlight the games we lost as him being the weakness, one of which he set up our only goal. Was it all on him at that time too?  

In the season we finished 4th, what were his stats? Games, assists, goals? Keen to understand what you define as a key player? 

Bannans been vastly improved over last few games but he’s still overrated and still makes schoolboy like errors. Never a captain, but that’s not his fault. 

He may well get voted MoM on here, but let’s not forget we had several 100 page threads on here saying pay what ever it takes for Jordan Rhodes. I’d say a fans forum isn’t always right in assessing players ability or what’s needed for the good of the team.

13 hours ago, should know better said:

I'm not sure we will lose him, someone (Chansiri?) would have to judge if they believe letting him go will outweigh the benefits of keeping him. He is under contract.

It might be the case that he knows he is guaranteed a place here and would occupy the bench elsewhere so if he is financial secure and happy he may stay.

Id be amazed if bazza is here in August... surely the contract was to cover us if we went down to ensure a decent fee.... Im happy to be wrong but we’ll see

19 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

It's a throwaway funny comment I used to make myself laugh, relax not everything on here has to broken down and overanalysed to the nth degree

Made me smile! Thanks for amusement, not every poster is a cantankerous old fuddy. 

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Gob_Bluth said:

It's a throwaway funny comment I used to make myself laugh, relax not everything on here has to broken down and overanalysed to the nth degree

@BIG Dis extremely ana1 with regards to all things Bannan. You will have to forgive him. Although in his defence he’s nowhere near as bad as @Mike Hunt, who you would think wouldn’t be with such a genius comedy username.

Edited by Emilianenko
  • Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, unkastav said:

Id be amazed if bazza is here in August... surely the contract was to cover us if we went down to ensure a decent fee.... Im happy to be wrong but we’ll see

lol

16 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

@BIG Dis extremely ana1 with regards to all things Bannan. You will have to forgive him. Although in his defence he’s nowhere near as bad as @Mike Hunt, who you would think wouldn’t be with such a genius comedy username.

Even though you accused me of voting for him in the man of the match thread and then didn’t believe me when I said that I hadn’t 

:tango:

Whi did you vote for yesterday @Emilianenko ?

Edited by BIG D

10 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Even though you accused me of voting for him in the man of the match thread and then didn’t believe me when I said that I hadn’t 

:tango:

Whi did you vote for yesterday @Emilianenko ?

Come on now, you are in every man of the match thread campaigning for Bannan. But you never vote for him.

lol

• Haha 2