Bannan’s thoughts on Wildsmith save

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We were beaten by the better side at Wembley  but if you want to put it all on Bannan that again highlights where you are coming from.

Against Huddersfield away we employed tactics to get a 0-0 - that was patently obvious. At home he set up the goal that gave us the lead in the tie which was taking us through with 20 minutes to go.

We finished 6th and 4th with him as a key player and you choose to highlight the games we lost as him being the weakness, one of which he set up our only goal. Was it all on him at that time too?  

The point is we never have looked to improve on him and he isn't going to improve.

Just now, HullOwlPhil said:

If Barry Bannan is so good why is he still here? Why isn't he plying his trade at a much better team? 

How come he hasn't played for Scotland since 2017? Even clogger Callum Paterson got a few games for them last year.

I'll say it again. He's our best player. But some of our supporters have a really strange blindspot when it comes to him.

Makes no odds to me. Sheffield Wednesday will still be around long after he's gone.

‘Makes no odds to me’

Really

lol

Just now, Ronnie Starling said:

The point is we never have looked to improve on him and he isn't going to improve.

We've declined in every other position.

The fact you have just singled him out for the play off defeats tells its own story. 

2 minutes ago, HullOwlPhil said:

If Barry Bannan is so good why is he still here? Why isn't he plying his trade at a much better team? 

How come he hasn't played for Scotland since 2017? Even clogger Callum Paterson got a few games for them last year.

I'll say it again. He's our best player. But some of our supporters have a really strange blindspot when it comes to him.

Makes no odds to me. Sheffield Wednesday will still be around long after he's gone.

The blind spot comment is spot on but they call everyone else names. The Bazza fan club are weird.

• Like 1

He was at his best when played with the players who were better no doubt, the likes of Westwood, Pudil, Hutchinson, Loovens Lee, Hooper and Forestieri were all more effective for the team.

I think now he feels he has to take on the mantle of best player but does not have the intelligence of where to be on the field. He is often like a moth drawn to a flame in his search for possession of the ball.  He needs to learn when to let others have responsibility and if as I believe he is total lacking in defensive skills we need him to play further forward and be braver. It is far easier playing in the quarter back pocket sending bombs for wide receivers. Much prefer him up there sliding passes than looping bombs.

Remains to be seen if he is here next year and if indeed anyone is willing to pay money for him, you would think so but it is up to the scouts or manager of other clubs to make that offer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

The blind spot comment is spot on but they call everyone else names. The Bazza fan club are weird.

Not answering who you thought was our best player today then? 

Just now, Emilianenko said:

BCB26643-28A6-43A9-B773-EB1F54543D6C.jpeg

The cap corners from which we have scored more than 9 clubs in the division despite not winning as many set pieces as most due to our poor attacking possession? 

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I didn't single him out just pointed out he didn't perform.

You pointed out he didn't perform as highlighting his lack of ability at this level and reasons for us failing, without giving reference to how anyone else performed. 

Ignoring the fact he contributed to a team finishing in the top 6 and the fact he set up our only goal of the tie that should have taken us to Wembley again. 

I'll leave you to it. I look forward to seeing how we will perform without him, should be great! 

Guest Therealrealist
13 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Now I know I’m on the right side

:tango:

And you had to edit that excuse of a reply garymegson

Just now, Mike Hunt said:

Yes the attempt he made to shut the goalscorer down was quality 

lol

Made up for it with his clinical finish moments later though! 

10 minutes ago, HullOwlPhil said:

He is our best player 

lol