Bannan’s thoughts on Wildsmith save

3 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

I think the same with you lot. Nothings ever Bazzas fault.

Don't think anyone has ever said that, just that there are far bigger problems in our team. Some seem to base many of their posts around having a go at him. 

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'd like to see more from every player, he has at least contributed yet is the one you single out every time. 

He's our captain. Supposed to be our most influential player but doesn't contribute anywhere near enough for the salary he collects. Our tactics for the last five seasons have been to play through Bannan. It hasn't worked even when he had better players around him. It needs a fresh approach as every team know what our tactics will be.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Just now, Ronnie Starling said:

He's our captain. Supposed to be our most influential player but doesn't contribute anywhere near enough for the salary he collects. Our tactics for the last five seasons have been to play through Bannan. It hasn't worked even when he had better players around him. It needs a fresh approach as every team know what our tactics will be.

It did work when we finished 6th and 4th, he was a key part of the team. He was also top 10 in the league in assists in the 2 previous seasons to this one.

It isn't his fault that we literally have nobody else to step up, surely someone would have by now.

I don't think he is a good captain, never have done, again that is an indictment of our recruitment that we do not have an adequate captain in the entire squad and haven't done for a few seasons. 

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

I think the same with you lot. Nothings ever Bazzas fault.

I have criticised him many times when it’s justified , like today the penalty was poor, but like I said even after 3 consecutive MoM performances you are giving him pelters , have you ever given him any credit ? 

Plus he is supposed to motivate others being captain. Does he do this? No he doesn't. He berates others in the team and in my opinion comes across as a bit of a bully after having a go at Wildsmith last week. The mistake was made and he should have offered encouragement instead of his tantrum. Contrast that to his reaction to Tom Lees mistake.

4 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

It’s Bannans fault he is well paid then 

lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It did work when we finished 6th and 4th, he was a key part of the team. He was also top 10 in the league in assists in the 2 previous seasons to this one.

It isn't his fault that we literally have nobody else to step up, surely someone would have by now.

I don't think he is a good captain, never have done, again that is an indictment of our recruitment that we do not have an adequate captain in the entire squad and haven't done for a few seasons. 

It didn't though. He didn't perform along with others at Wembley. He didn't create anything away at Huddersfield and offered little at home.

Guest Therealrealist

Bannan gave joey p a massive bollockin just for givin a foul away..bannan takes the limpest penalty ever and nobody says a dickiebird.. ivebeen callin for him to leave for 2 years...and wot do we do....give him another lottery win...but he’s only signed to do dc a favour so we can get 5 mill for him...the know nowts screamed lol

Midfields never been the same since Ross Wallace left, we never replaced him with anyone near good enough to work with Bannan.  But Bannan is still overrated, just that he's the best of a bad lot. So stands out. He often gets nullified in games.

Edited by quinnssweetshop

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

Bannan gave joey p a massive bollockin just for givin a foul away..bannan takes the limpest penalty ever and nobody says a dickiebird.. ivebeen callin for him to leave for 2 years...and wot do we do....give him another lottery win...but he’s only signed to do dc a favour so we can get 5 mill for him...the know nowts screamed lol

Now I know I’m on the right side

:tango:

Edited by BIG D

1 minute ago, Mike Hunt said:

It’s Bannans fault he is well paid then 

lol

Not at all but other teams have shown that players can be sourced for a lot less, while we have put all our eggs in Bannans basket and don't have a pot to ******** in. We were docked six points for breaching financial fair play remember and are subject to more embargoes but we are stuck with Bannan's £27k per week.

It didn't though. He didn't perform along with others at Wembley. He didn't create anything away at Huddersfield and offered little at home.

We were beaten by the better side at Wembley  but if you want to put it all on Bannan that again highlights where you are coming from.

Against Huddersfield away we employed tactics to get a 0-0 - that was patently obvious. At home he set up the goal that gave us the lead in the tie which was taking us through with 20 minutes to go.

We finished 6th and 4th with him as a key player and you choose to highlight the games we lost as him being the weakness, one of which he set up our only goal. Was it all on him at that time too?  

Not at all but other teams have shown that players can be sourced for a lot less, while we have put all our eggs in Bannans basket and don't have a pot to ******** in. We were docked six points for breaching financial fair play remember and are subject to more embargoes but we are stuck with Bannan's £27k per week.

So that’s Bannans fault then ? 

6 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

You have To move on from Wembley mate. He's by far our best player

If Barry Bannan is so good why is he still here? Why isn't he plying his trade at a much better team? 

How come he hasn't played for Scotland since 2017? Even clogger Callum Paterson got a few games for them last year.

I'll say it again. He's our best player. But some of our supporters have a really strange blindspot when it comes to him.

Makes no odds to me. Sheffield Wednesday will still be around long after he's gone.

• Like 4