Steve Chu with a few home truths.

18 hours ago, sage owl said:

The massive thing was only a wind up for other local fans. Surely no one actually believes it ?.

Exactly right. We’ve got a massive ground which can be a burden, we’ve got above average support which is great, but the rest ain’t that massive !!

It was always a wind up .

What a load of crap. League position is nothing to do with the size and reach and a club. No we’re not massive but we sure are big. Remember the sold out play off final. And the noise we made was reported as one of the loudest in years. We are now impatient for success, and things are being mismanaged, but the negativity on here is something to behold . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It’s nice and easy to come out after 20 years of disappointment at SWFC and say things like we are not as massive as some fans think, and we need to recruit better, etc etc. 
Fact is, hindsight is a wonderful thing, why did he not post this 10 or 15 years ago, and maybe give us some forewarning? 
if it’s just analysis on what’s happened, then well done, yeah we aren’t as successful as a lot of other clubs. Brilliant. 
We have been mis managed for years, been awful in the transfer market (both ways - but especially selling), made plenty of poor decisions along the way regarding management (still wish Francis hadn’t been sacked, wasn’t happy at the time).

Also, we would not even be discussing this right now if we had beaten Hull in the final, it’s all if and buts but ultimately everyone would be saying Chansiri is the greatest ever has we gone up that year! 

Some of the fans on here saying get him in the boardroom. Wow give it a rest! 

16 minutes ago, mancowl08 said:

It’s nice and easy to come out after 20 years of disappointment at SWFC and say things like we are not as massive as some fans think, and we need to recruit better, etc etc. 
Fact is, hindsight is a wonderful thing, why did he not post this 10 or 15 years ago, and maybe give us some forewarning?  

Christ almighty

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Can’t believe some of the negative comments on here regarding Steve’s points. 

As always it's people just attacking the pundit/writer/commentator

The last 18 months has seen a massive rise in it 

Wednesday fans have gone from being the funniest, wittiest, most upbeat indestructible happy lot to just lashing out at anyone who discusses the club, and proper victim mentality

Really sad really

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Smackavolley

Guys, when the narrative fits your agenda and the writer is representative of your ideals of the 2nd coming the blockades come straight up. 

He’s someone with simply an opinion who wants a free ticket into the boardroom. He’s stating the bleeding obvious. Nothing more, nothing less.

The only way out of this mess is new ownership and a new direction. Or a massive slice of luck never witnessed before.

When Mr Chu and his pals put forward a realistic offer to buy the club, I’m sure everyone will listen. Maybe he should spend his time canvassing a potential rich owner.

52 minutes ago, mancowl08 said:

Also, we would not even be discussing this right now if we had beaten Hull in the final, it’s all if and buts but ultimately everyone would be saying Chansiri is the greatest ever has we gone up that year! 

No offence, but you come across as a special kind of deluded when you say this and overlook the fact Hull are in the division below and playing Northampton Town. It's almost as if winning the play-off final wasn't some roll of the dice that guarantees success, and mismanagement will come to bite you in the butt eventually.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

He’s someone with simply an opinion who wants a free ticket into the boardroom. 

FOOOOOOOK ME

See my last post where I said:

"As always it's people just attacking the pundit/writer/commentator - The last 18 months has seen a massive rise in it 

Wednesday fans have gone from being the funniest, wittiest, most upbeat indestructible happy lot to just lashing out at anyone who discusses the club, and proper victim mentality"

The above post is the perfect example of that

Madness

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

When Mr Chu and his pals put forward a realistic offer to buy the club, I’m sure everyone will listen. Maybe he should spend his time canvassing a potential rich owner.

"Unless you can afford to buy the club, hush up because you're not worth listening to"

That's what you're saying there. Which I'm sure you'll agree is a ridiculous notion.

Do you want to have another go at the above post so you can redact saying something so daft? We'll all allow it.

• Love 2

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

As always it's people just attacking the pundit/writer/commentator

The last 18 months has seen a massive rise in it 

Wednesday fans have gone from being the funniest, wittiest, most upbeat indestructible happy lot to just lashing out at anyone who discusses the club, and proper victim mentality

Really sad really

I think we’ve all gone into self-destruct mode. We’re “infighting” and/or “factioning” (and that includes you Neil and me also) about everything from the trivial to the serious. Why are we doing this? Because of the dissatisfaction and unrest we feel about the situation our beloved club is in. The only thing that 99.9% of us agree upon is the person that is screwing up the club. 

Guest Grandad
7 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

When Mr Chu and his pals put forward a realistic offer to buy the club

🤦‍♂️

IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO BUY THE CLUB YOU CAN'T HAVE AN OPINION

17 hours ago, shandypants said:

I generally agree with this but what he doesn’t mention is our potential. Our growth potential is phenomenal compared with most other teams in the EFL and the Prem. I wonder how many chairmen, including the current, have gambled short-term on tapping that potential and if that is the reason we never seem to have a long-term strategy. 

I'd argue that for our potential for growth to be phenomenal we would have to leave Hillsborough. It needs a big revamp and I don't think it can be done successfully. There isn't enough room in the concourses for a start 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

That's the trouble with youngsters they understandably want to play at the highest level offered to them.  For me, we should be looking to sign players from the Premiership academies who haven't made the grade.  We also need should we go down, proven championship players who will bring experience to help the youngsters come on and also won't be daunted by the challenge ahead of them.

The trouble is that every club is looking for the same. 

Hopefully, look at why they haven't first 😆 

Guest Smackavolley
2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

"Unless you can afford to buy the club, hush up because you're not worth listening to"

That's what you're saying there. Which I'm sure you'll agree is a ridiculous notion.

Do you want to have another go at the above post so you can redact saying something so daft? We'll all allow it.

Not what I’m saying at all. He’s allowed his opinion. Anyone is. 

You can object all you want. Until the club goes bust or a new owner comes in all this fruitless commentating and squabbling will get us nowhere.

Feel free to criticise all you want. I can take it 😂