Steve Chu with a few home truths.

Been in the championship play offs twice, league one a stupid amount of times if we get relegated this year, poor finishes in the championship overall.

Football has been dreadful as long as i can remember, with only the odd glimpse of excitement. One good season under Carlos and we've rarely had any stand out players like you get at other top half clubs. Not ones that any other club wanted anyhow.

Rubbish academy that barely brings anyone through and in general we are crap.

Look on wikipedia at our placings since the 99-2000 season. Its worse than i even thought. 

But you can't grumble 🙂

Guest Smackavolley
7 minutes ago, Grandad said:

🤦‍♂️

IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO BUY THE CLUB YOU CAN'T HAVE AN OPINION

You can spout on all day fella. Don’t buy the tickets and don’t buy the merchandise.

You ain’t changing anything until the money men come riding into town.

If Chansiri doesn’t sell the club the fans will need to back the playing staff we have next season. 

I hate what the bloke has done but someone needs to draw a line in the sand. This site could play a big part but I sense they have a different agenda.

Their opinion. I’ll try and respect that opinion even though they (one in particular) don’t respect others opinions.

Have a nice Bank Holiday.

14 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I think we’ve all gone into self-destruct mode. We’re “infighting” and/or “factioning” (and that includes you Neil and me also) about everything from the trivial to the serious. Why are we doing this? Because of the dissatisfaction and unrest we feel about the situation our beloved club is in. The only thing that 99.9% of us agree upon is the person that is screwing up the club. 

Very true mate
I'm going to make a conscious effort to chill out when someone posts something downright ridiculous (like the 'Steve Chu is only trying to get a free ticket into the boardroom' nonsense)

No point bickering when people attack the pundits/writer/columnist anymore as people are clearly beyond help on that score

There's no point in any articles, commentary, discussion in the press about Sheffield Wednesday in 2021, because the whole entire article isn't read - it's just tossed aside, and our fans just look at who wrote it and then find ways to attack them instead of looking at whether or not that person has actually said anything relevant about the club

Such a sad state of affairs

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

You can spout on all day fella. Don’t buy the tickets and don’t buy the merchandise.

If Chansiri doesn’t sell the club the fans will need to back the playing staff we have next season. 

I hate what the bloke has done but someone needs to draw a line in the sand. This site could play a big part but I sense they have a different agenda.

Their opinion. I’ll try and respect that opinion even though they (one in particular) don’t respect others opinions.

Whats your agenda?

5 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

Nailed it.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Very true mate
I'm going to make a conscious effort to chill out when someone posts something downright ridiculous (like the 'Steve Chu is only trying to get a free ticket into the boardroom' nonsense)

No point bickering when people attack the pundits/writer/columnist anymore as people are clearly beyond help on that score

There's no point in any articles, commentary, discussion in the press about Sheffield Wednesday in 2021, because the whole entire article isn't read - it's just tossed aside, and our fans just look at who wrote it and then find ways to attack them instead of looking at whether or not that person has actually said anything relevant about the club

Such a sad state of affairs

And this is why I think the club will slowly die under Chansiri. 

Our fans seem to attack people pointing out the issues which in turn distracts away from the real issue at hand - the way we’re going under this ownership.

I don’t know if it’s a Sheffield thing. Routed in the culture - some kind of jealousy or lack of trust towards people he speak out in the media. But that attitude will prevent people taking a stand against what’s happening - because the moment they do they’ll be shot down in flames.

If what’s happened at Wednesday under DC, had happened at any other ‘big’ club fans would be in absolute uproar. I am willing to bet that when we’re allowed back in the ground, we will say or do nothing.

3 occasions in 20 year we’ve looked like maybe getting a sniff of PL, one season under Laws and that is a stretch tbf.

2 season under Carlos .. yet half the fan base moaned about the 2nd season under him... and wanted him gone.

We’re now back where we’ve been for 90% of that 20 years on verge in league 1.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Eightace said:

Been in the championship play offs twice, league one a stupid amount of times if we get relegated this year, poor finishes in the championship overall.

Football has been dreadful as long as i can remember, with only the odd glimpse of excitement. One good season under Carlos and we've rarely had any stand out players like you get at other top half clubs. Not ones that any other club wanted anyhow.

Rubbish academy that barely brings anyone through and in general we are crap.

Look on wikipedia at our placings since the 99-2000 season. Its worse than i even thought. 

But you can't grumble 🙂

Listening to an away commentary a couple of seasons ago and they said that looking at our team sheet apart from Bannon and Westwood maybe Rhodes there weren't many stand out names in our squad.

Crikey. It all moves so fast I can't keep up.

Its only last week Owlstalk was funded by the club as a propaganda tool to keep criticism at bay and Hargeaves was touted as a paid agent of Chansiri. 

Now its the rebel base.

I just can't keep up.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Its only last week Owlstalk was funded by the club as a propaganda tool to keep criticism at bay and Hargeaves was touted as a paid agent of Chansiri. 

Now its the rebel base.

I just can't keep up.

it’s because the cheques Chansiri sent the admin/mods has cleared. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Now its the rebel base.

I just can't keep up.

Hilarious isn't it

lol

Same thing gets levelled at the BBC, Praise or Grumble, The Star etc etc etc

Proper funny

Always makes me giggle

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

No offence, but you come across as a special kind of deluded when you say this and overlook the fact Hull are in the division below and playing Northampton Town. It's almost as if winning the play-off final wasn't some roll of the dice that guarantees success, and mismanagement will come to bite you in the butt eventually.

Fact is, nobody knows what could have happened had we gone up that day - yeah we could be in league 1 right now.....or we could be flying high top half of the Premier league

Guest Smackavolley
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Get the foook outta here with that crap

Why don’t you just delete my posts like you do many other users posts?

Never seen a moderator be so insecure before. You’re gonna bust a blood vessel ‘mate’. 😂 Stop posting opinion as fact and take your own advice. Chill out.

Personally I couldn’t a fig what you or Steve Chu thinks to be honest. 

I do believe a truce will have to be called regarding the playing staff, who will wear the shirt next season. We’ve got to get behind them or simply vote with our feet.

By all means try and establish what the owner is going to do with the club but stop reading your own press/contributions, thinking you’re doing anything remotely constructive.

You’re not.

8 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

Never seen a moderator be so insecure before. You’re gonna bust a blood vessel ‘mate’. 😂 Stop posting opinion as fact and take your own advice. Chill out.

I do believe a truce will have to be called regarding the playing staff, who will wear the shirt next season. We’ve got to get behind them or simply vote with our feet.

By all means try and establish what the owner is going to do with the club but stop reading your own press/contributions, thinking you’re doing anything remotely constructive.

You’re not.

You do realise this site is made up of individuals with their own feelings and opinions, including the site moderator. Who just like you and me is a Wednesdayite who has an opinion and view of how the club is being managed.

There’s no secret clique or group who are conspiring against the chairman. There’s no organised effort to criticise the chairman. There’s no ‘agenda’.

Just fans expressing their concerns. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

You’re not.

Bizarre

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Smackavolley
10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You do realise this site is made up of individuals with their own feelings and opinions, including the site moderator. Who just like you and me is a Wednesdayite who has an opinion and view of how the club is being managed.

There’s no secret clique or group who are conspiring against the chairman. There’s no organised effort to criticise the chairman. There’s no ‘agenda’.

Just fans expressing their concerns. 

That’s your opinion and your entitled to it.

I believe there is an agenda. Part driven by love of the club and their passion. The natives are restless and rightly so but we need to see a smarter approach than what’s playing out at the moment.

Maybe some should let the discussion unfold before jumping in every 5 posts. It’s annoying. I think we know their opinions.

The overwhelming number of posts are not necessary. No need to constantly deride and insult people in my view. 

I appreciate my posts could be construed as insulting to Steve Chu. Apologies for that because he didn’t stick his views on here. However his opinion is no more valid than the next guys opinion. He doesn’t have the answers.

Unfortunately the answers only lie with a massive change of approach from Chansiri, we go into Administration, or new investors arrive with a lot of money.

All I’m saying is, after this latest debacle, we must draw a line under things. Support the coaching staff and playing squad next season. 

51 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

You’re not.

Tinfoil hat time 

• Like 1
  • Love 1