It's way to early to say were down

Guest buster123

It's hard to stay positive but we do have a few things going our way. Great away win. DM is a excellent motivator. We have a game in hand. Lots of points still available. It's way easier to play catch up than than holding a lead. One more win and a loss for one of the 3 teams above and all the momentum changes. The only down side of our great revival is, when we stay up DC will take all the credit. Keep the faith.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

I was always optimistic about our chances, until the Luton game. I agree with the post above. It’s better to be pessimistic about our chances, then we can celebrate if we stay up and be neutral if we don’t. If we’re optimistic then we’re neutral if we stay up and devastated if we go down.

We’re fooked!!!:duntmatter:

Guest mrbluesky
19 minutes ago, buster123 said:

It's hard to stay positive but we do have a few things going our way. Great away win. DM is a excellent motivator. We have a game in hand. Lots of points still available. It's way easier to play catch up than than holding a lead. One more win and a loss for one of the 3 teams above and all the momentum changes. The only down side of our great revival is, when we stay up DC will take all the credit. Keep the faith.

That's the spirit, Buster!

Nah, it's over I reckon. I really enjoyed our win on Saturday, I enjoy all our wins, but it was just 1 win at the end of the day. This team has repeatedly let us and themselves down. They've seen off manager after manager. They aren't interested in whether we stay up or not, if they get relegated they'll find new clubs and get a signing bonus bigger than what any of us earn in a year. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, buster123 said:

I'd normally share your optimism but our players just don't have the mentality.  Now & again they'll break the mould & put a couple of results together but they soon return to normal & hang their manager out to dry. 

DC's management of player contracts leaving so many out of contract at the end of the season hasn't helped but I'm afraid we're League 1 bound.

• Like 1

No, it’s over AND we certainly don’t deserve to stay up (despite the number of atrocious teams down around us)...the club/DC brought this on themselves. Just hope we don’t get relegated by less than 6 points or DC will just point the finger at the ‘injustice’ from the EFL (though they’re a joke too, they’re not to blame here).

• Like 1

Its nice to hear a positive viewpoint mate....but i'm not falling for it, ive accepted what looks inevitable, too many bloody let downs, Luton, Rotherham, Huddersfield etc.....Bruce,Monk Pulis.....

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...its a duck

• Like 3

I'm plenty optimistic and when we stay up, I'll definitely celebrate. That was a huge mountain to climb. It would take all day to list all the club had to fight against. As for neutral, we aren't the Swiss. I'll be happier than I was when we first beat Cardiff. Make no room for pessimism. There's a reason winners win! UTO 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Saturday's win reminded me of the time we beat Reading 5-2 or something under Dave Jones. Reading played a high line similar to Rotherham and it played into our hands.

Dave Jones was deluded after the game when he said on Sky "it was coming. we knew we were were going to give someone a battering" It turned out we were just as bad after that win as we were before it and it wasn't too long before Jones went.

I'd like to be more optimistic but I think it was just that Rotherham played into our hands like Luton did in the first half. It will not happen in enough games to save us.

• Thanks 1

I know this season has been vile, but I honestly don’t know how you can say we’re down with a 6 point deficit with 9 games left, and a game in hand. Forget form, it rarely means anything in football, and things can flip at the flick of a switch 

Will people still be saying we’re down if we win the next game, and the gap is cut to 3pts with a game in hand, and 8 left to play? 

• Like 4

Optimism or pessimism. It won’t change what happens. We can’t even go and cheer the lads on or creat a hostile environment for opposing teams. 
I can’t see a path to us staying up, but more than anything I want us to scrap like mad. That way even if we do go down I will at least feel we might have the spirit to come back up. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Huncho said:

I know this season has been vile, but I honestly don’t know how you can say we’re down with a 6 point deficit with 9 games left, and a game in hand. Forget form, it rarely means anything in football, and things can flip at the flick of a switch 

Will people still be saying we’re down if we win the next game, and the gap is cut to 3pts with a game in hand, and 8 left to play? 

One of the biggest hurdles is we aren’t just trying to overtake one team. I think we might actually overtake Birmingham. But Rotherham are the team with their fate in their own hands. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Huncho said:

It does tho'...form plays a massive part, good form breeds confidence, bad form leads to the run we have had.....

I'm not saying "Give up"...I'm saying ive seen us like this before, and know how it ends.

I will be happy as larry to be wrong...and take all the slating with a smile on me face...I simply have no confidence in the club whatsoever at the minute

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

It does tho'...form plays a massive part, good form breeds confidence, bad form leads to the run we have had.....

I'm not saying "Give up"...I'm saying ive seen us like this before, and know how it ends.

I will be happy as larry to be wrong...and take all the slating with a smile on me face...I simply have no confidence in the club whatsoever at the minute

I’ve seen teams lose 7 in a row, then go on to win the next 5. No one gave us a chance at Barnsley and we won. If it was a 12+ gap I’d be inclined to agree, but it’s six and this division is barking mad...nothing is predictable. 

Edited by Huncho
  • Like 1