It's way to early to say were down

Guest buster123

7 hours ago, Huncho said:

I know this season has been vile, but I honestly don’t know how you can say we’re down with a 6 point deficit with 9 games left, and a game in hand. Forget form, it rarely means anything in football, and things can flip at the flick of a switch 

Will people still be saying we’re down if we win the next game, and the gap is cut to 3pts with a game in hand, and 8 left to play? 

Yes because we are not going to win the next game...

8 hours ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

I was always optimistic about our chances, until the Luton game. I agree with the post above. It’s better to be pessimistic about our chances, then we can celebrate if we stay up and be neutral if we don’t. If we’re optimistic then we’re neutral if we stay up and devastated if we go down.

We’re fooked!!!:duntmatter:

Personally, it was losing to Rotherham at home . 

6 hours ago, Jim said:

The next 2 weeks are key. Good quality work on the training ground as DM tries to get more of his ideas across.

I always felt we’d see some improvement after his first full uninterrupted week on the TG and even though the improvement hasn’t been drastic, it’s been there.

It’s unlikely that we’ll stay up but it’s never over until it’s over and I still think we have to give DM the benefit of the doubt as he strives hard to achieve the unlikely.

He clearly planned the approach vs Barnsley very well.   Credit to him.
Not beating Rotherham and Huddersfield , and playing one striker in a team which could not score enough goals, was sickening. As was Windass being parked on the left.

The problem is to stay up now we need to be consistent. Getting another mini uneaten run like the one Thompson started when he first took over.

This would possibly give us a fighting chance, especially if the teams around us drop quite a few points, the problem is I can't see us being consistent enough over the next 9 games to survive. Its the Wednesday way, we'll beat Watford somehow, then lose the easier game. 

The Easter period has always been traditionally a time when a lot of the relegation places are sorted.

If we don't get at least 3 or 4 points from Watford and Cardiff, I think that's our fate sealed with 7 games to go.

Just a few weeks ago it was looking like we could make although it would go to the wire.

That bad run including losing to two relegation rivals pushed us close to the drop.

Guest buster123

I think Derby are going to plummet. Rooney knows nothing about relegation scrapes or defending actually. DM has been in plenty of relegation fights in his career. He'll set us up not to get beat and nick a few wins here and there at the training ground over the next 10 days. Bottom 3 Wycombe, Birmingham. Derby.

50 points is the traditional number required for safety. 

That means 6 wins from our last 9 games. Sorry but realistically that is not going to happen.  If it does then it equals the great escape of 1928.

The only chance we have is if another team i.e. Derby also gets a major points deduction to drop them back into the bottom three.

When all is said and done we should not have to rely on other teams being deducted points even though courtesy of the mismanagement of the club it is our own points deduction that is going to be the deciding factor. 

• Like 1

On 22/03/2021 at 15:57, SallyCinnamon said:

If we stay up DC takes absolutely no credit.

He’s done everything in his power to make this season as difficult as possible. Points deduction, managerial circus, not paying players on time, no January signings, adviser shenanigans.

If we stay up it’s all on Darren Moore. 

Just a small point. Who installed DM? If we do pull out of the bag a total houdini escape. After all the flack DC has taken surely a little praise has to be given to DC. 

If we ever are going to move forward then fair is fair and we have to take the good and the bad. 

Supporting Wednesday has never been easy. Riding the emotional roller coaster. It is what it is let by gones be by gones and move on. 

Just now, hirstys_achilles said:

Just a small point. Who installed DM? If we do pull out of the bag a total houdini escape. After all the flack DC has taken surely a little praise has to be given to DC. 

If we ever are going to move forward then fair is fair and we have to take the good and the bad. 

Supporting Wednesday has never been easy. Riding the emotional roller coaster. It is what it is let by gones be by gones and move on. 

Installed far too late. No credit from me. He’s made this season incredibly difficult. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Thompson was doing well and without his efforts we would not even stand a chance of staying up. 

Thompson started well. The drop off was bad though and the Birmingham performance and result was particularly bad.

1 minute ago, hirstys_achilles said:

If we top of the league this time next season no matter what division we are in this seasons troubles will be a distant memory 

Agree but being top in League One and being top in the Championship are two different things.

If we do stay up I will give credit to DC for bringing Moore in but I don't think it's unfair what others are saying about it being too late. I actually think if Luton don't score a third in that game before he arrived then he probably doesn't come in.

6 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Thompson was doing well and without his efforts we would not even stand a chance of staying up. 

He lost four in a row before we installed Moore. He had some shocking results. 

Moore should have come in as soon as we sacked Pulis and I think we’d be in a stronger place.