Luxemburg in uefa cup

Guest Therealrealist

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

Haha..2 of our lads went on official coaches..all way to Luxembourg and got there about 30 mins b4 Kick off...we wer outside bars singing that song at yer garymegson

Yes, we got there bang in time for match,  although we'd made had a good swig on the ferry and our coach was the single one that "escaped" the police convey and slipped into a little village with a nice little Pub where we stayed for a couple of hours, before we outstayed our welcome as some decided it would be a good idea to serve themselves (Not me, honest 😂

Soon found ourselves back in the convey where they just kept driving us round in circles.

Also remember pulling up on the side of the AutoBahn and a game of about 200 a side football ensued.

They did everything they could to ensure we didn't get anywhere near Luxembourg itself until the very last minute, suppose it wasn't long after the English had been allowed back in European Competitions and they were still very wary of our fans. 

Although it was poo to go all that way for just the 90 minutes of football and then put straight back on the Coach, I still wouldn't have missed it, Nights like that and Kaiserslautern don't come around very often. I just wish we'd enjoyed it as much as you!! 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
12 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

Yes, we got there bang in time for match,  although we'd made had a good swig on the ferry and our coach was the single one that "escaped" the police convey and slipped into a little village with a nice little Pub where we stayed for a couple of hours, before we outstayed our welcome as some decided it would be a good idea to serve themselves (Not me, honest 😂

Soon found ourselves back in the convey where they just kept driving us round in circles.

Also remember pulling up on the side of the AutoBahn and a game of about 200 a side football ensued.

They did everything they could to ensure we didn't get anywhere near Luxembourg itself until the very last minute, suppose it wasn't long after the English had been allowed back in European Competitions and they were still very wary of our fans. 

Although it was poo to go all that way for just the 90 minutes of football and then put straight back on the Coach, I still wouldn't have missed it, Nights like that and Kaiserslautern don't come around very often. I just wish we'd enjoyed it as much as you!! 

Fruit gum been spoiling away days for years:duntmatter:..watched Kaiesrlauten game in ball in Ecclesfield on some dodgy cable/stream...was Savin my money for next round...till that pathetic petulant kick from hirsty got him a red...🥴...game over

Great days. Spent all summer on the phone with mates planning this. We were going wherever we played. My missus at the time spent all summer telling me I wasn’t going, and I did it would result in divorce. I went, and she divorced me me for unreasonable behaviour.  Thirty years on and I wouldn’t have missed that trip for anything. The resulting divorce cost me a bloody fortune but it was worth every penny.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Took 16 hours on coach back to mexborough ‘we got to Calais and captain of ship wouldn’t let us and a coach of celtic  fans onboard without a £500 deposit’ had a whip round just to managed it then when we arrived at Dover where we were told what money ‘80 or so angry football fans descended on p and o office and they coughed up  great times great team.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Fruit gum been spoiling away days for years:duntmatter:..watched Kaiesrlauten game in ball in Ecclesfield on some dodgy cable/stream...was Savin my money for next round...till that pathetic petulant kick from hirsty got him a red...🥴...game over

Most people were banging on about how Hirsty was hard done to, but he did kick out at their player ( wasn’t he called Funkle?) despite him going down like he had been shot.

7 hours ago, Plonk said:

Great days. Spent all summer on the phone with mates planning this. We were going wherever we played. My missus at the time spent all summer telling me I wasn’t going, and I did it would result in divorce. I went, and she divorced me me for unreasonable behaviour.  Thirty years on and I wouldn’t have missed that trip for anything. The resulting divorce cost me a bloody fortune but it was worth every penny.

Your ex wife divorced you just for going to a football match 🤯

Didn’t the fruit gum take a good 24 hours or something just to get there lol

we left Sheffield about 530am (the day before the game) and was in Luxembourg by tea time. Checked into hotel for 2 nights, evening sesh and full day looking around Luxembourg, got in the ground about 30 minutes or so before ko just as the fruit gummers were arriving lol

then waved them them off after , whilst we had a few scoops, then back to hotel, before setting off next morning and probably beat them back lol

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

You 2 were both lucky, we fell for the "you'll only get tickets via the club and the official Coaches" trick.

Remember as we were boarding our coaches, hundreds chanting at us "you're going home, you're going home, We're not, We're not" still hurts 28 Years later!! 

🤣 happy days mate 

• Like 1