Favourite moment as a wednesday supporter.

From the games I’ve been at...

- The Waddle game against West Ham

- Play off semi against Brentford 2005

- Maclean pen at Cardiff

- Chris Brunt scoring from 40 yards against Leeds

- Madine equaliser against the grunters for the 2-2

- Ched Evans getting sent down 

- The Wycombe game 

- Beating Leeds 6-0

- Newcastle away and Arsenal at home in the league cup run

- The Brighton play off semi

- Atdhe’s winner against Leeds in the snow

• Like 3

All I ever wanted growing up was to see us win a Cup Final at Wembley and I did... Yeah BDM and the F A Cup Semi final Bunts whoopings are obviously waaaay up there...but...maybe because I was in my mid teens and had only seen us be utterly crap pretty much from my first game (Man City 1-2 relegation match in 69/70) until Big Jack's revolution happened I'd go for the 2-1 win away at Blackburn that pretty much clinched promotion back up and the tide had just turned for us by then... I was a full on dedicated fan at this time too and this away game and the sheer amount of Owls fans in the ground to witness it made it a full on experience I'll never ever forget and was proud to be a part of...

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Exeter away to clinch promotion under big jack (RIP).......also 1-0 away win at Reading (Elm park ground ) .. Jeff Johnson scored ....invaded pitch on both occasions... silk scarf tied round my wrist......felt so proud and brilliant to be a Wednesday fan them times 🥲

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Doghouse Daz said:

Scoreline aside. Wembley play off final v Hull. Had a birds eye view of the shenanigans amongst the fans where I was sat, made me so proud to be a Wednesdayite.

Sorry I can’t have that one. That game be in there with my worst moments as a Wednesday supporter.

First time we’d made it to Wembley in 23 years so we all turned up but the team didn’t

Just now, pat blondeau said:

Sorry I can’t have that one. That game be in there with my worst moments as a Wednesday supporter.

First time we’d made it to Wembley in 23 years so we all turned up but the team didn’t

I wasn't on about the match. 

Cardiff final - I was giddy, drunk, was right up in the rafters, that goal from Talbot that sealed it was just a moment to completely lose it, hugging random strangers around us, especially after the way the game played out, outstanding day right on the back of an absolutely awesome night out in Cardiff.

Carbone's first goal for us, against Forest. I bloody loved that bloke, he was so bloody good, we had signed a belter.

Us winning 4 games in a row to stay top of the PL in 1996/97 season, beating Newcastle at their place after Ritchie Humphreys had lit up the division for a couple of games. I was fairly young but we were well and truly on the map, scoring worldies and obviously top of the league albeit after only 4 games.

Arsenal 3-0. Just a amazing game under the lights, atmosphere was truly electric in the stands. We were awesome that night.

1st game we won with my lad there, the 4-1 win against Preston in 17/18, sat in the Kop right by Nuhiu's worldie and seeing Forestieri score the free kick back straight after coming on when back from injury. A great moment.

5 hours ago, Owlbashthi said:

4 nil up 3mins to go BDM.......... Final whistle pigs semi.....  easy. 

Same here, thing is when we first went 4 up I still thought we might lose it.

First game back after my first spell in Oz....night game at home & seeing the pitch under floodlights.......goosebumps.

Open day at Hillsborough & talking to Jack Charlton.

I was at Wembley in ‘91 and again in ‘93, but for sheer release of adrenaline, I doubt I’ll ever beat watching Drew Talbot run towards the Hartlepool goal and slot it past their keeper. Just pure joy.

That goal sealed promotion. At the time, I thought it would be a catalyst for another promotion.

Never expected we’d be back down 5 years later. Or we’d be close again now.

• Love 1

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

7 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

From the games I’ve been at...

- The Waddle game against West Ham

- Play off semi against Brentford 2005

- Maclean pen at Cardiff

- Chris Brunt scoring from 40 yards against Leeds

- Madine equaliser against the grunters for the 2-2

- Ched Evans getting sent down 

- The Wycombe game 

- Beating Leeds 6-0