Favourite moment as a wednesday supporter.

The "Bluebirds" club - think that was its name of Cardiffs supporters bar - prior to the game in 84 - full of Wednesday fans

Winning at Old Trafford on New Years Day - Hodge saving a penalty

The "We said we'll be back... and we are" 2-0 at Anfield 

Going 3-0 up at Stamford Bridge (in the first half I think) having seen us lose there many a time

Bdm 1979 my first derby. blackburn 1980 still my favourite game, the noise leaving the ground was unbelievable. Varadi's solo goal v forest in 1984 first game back in division 1. Varadi's bullet header at old Trafford new years day 1985. Drink. Playing in Europe 94.

My favourite moment was as a kid watching  Chapman hanging for about 5 minutes in the air before heading the goal that stopped big Ron’s Manchester United from making the best start to a Div 1 season.

Fantastic, massive crowd at Hillsborough for that match.  Great days.  

On 11/03/2021 at 16:53, BIG D said:

Coming out of the ground at Wembley v the Scrubbers

My memory of the walk back down wembley way after the match was that both fans seem to have the same emotion.

One of relief

We were happy that we had won and very relieved that it was us and not them who got the last minute winner

They were sad that they had lost but very relieved that they had not ended up on the wrong side of a humiliating scoreline

What a day it was.

48 minutes ago, Geedee said:

My memory of the walk back down wembley way after the match was that both fans seem to have the same emotion.

One of relief

We were happy that we had won and very relieved that it was us and not them who got the last minute winner

They were sad that they had lost but very relieved that they had not ended up on the wrong side of a humiliating scoreline

What a day it was.

Will always remember leaving the stadium with absolutely everyone singing (to the tune of ‘Blue Moon’) “2-1, we beat the scum 2-1, it should have been 10-1, we beat the scum 2-1”.  What a day indeed, one of the very best.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shandypants said:

This ^^, an expensive black tie event and being humiliated by Rangers - what a way to celebrate 150 years of our wonderful club! 

the thread is asking for your best

please dont derail

On 12/03/2021 at 19:48, Geedee said:

One of relief

What a day it was.

I’m being a bit pedantic here but...”last minute winner...?”

The second leg at Brighton 

the most nerve wrecking game of football ever !!! Well the last half hour 

I kept looking at my watch every ten seconds , did anyone else go through the same 

it did not help I had 400 quid on to win 100 ( yes stupid I know ) but what a day in Brighton Wetherspoons all afternoon with Wednesday fans amazing time .

and celebrating at the end absolutely brilliant